July 22, 2014 | 1265 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skincare LdeL Cosmetics Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Facial Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by annajulz31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 35. I struggle with acne on a daily basis. Been desperately looking for a wrinkle cream that actually works. I cannot believe my eyes, after one application before bed last , I woke up with the most smooth amazing skin that I've seen in many many years! It's almost as if my pores disappeared! Wow! If I get results like this after ONE use, I cannot wait to see what my skin will look like one month from now. The product absorbs very quickly I did not break out, and my my skin looks amazing,skin feels extremely soft and smooth

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this for a month and really haven't seen much of a difference in the texture of my skin it seems a bit oily for day use. I absolutely hate the dropper packaging but I guess in this instance you get what you paid for.

Update: I tried two bottles of this. I had bought one for a friend and she hated it so gave me her bottle. Sadly, after two bottles my skin showed no signs of looking healthier or smoother.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I debated whether to give this a 3 or 4 and finally went with a 4 because in the end, it did improve my skin. I used the whole bottle before I decided to do this review, so I could give an accurate review.

I don't think the retinol in this product is very powerful as it's retinyl palmitate, which is basically an antioxidant. However, it did make my skin pretty smooth and never broke me out or caused any irritations. I used it under some avocado oil at night and sometimes, I'd use it before my foundation in the morning. It never balled or pilled and mixed well with my day time moisturizer.

So, to sum up: progressively smoothed my skin, but didn't do anything for my pores or dark spots. All in all, not a bad product if you're on a budget. It's about $11 at Sally's.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally didn't like this product. I purchased it without realizing it came in a dropper and bottle packaging. This type of packaging exposes the ingredients to the air resulting in deterioration. Besides the packaging I really didn't care for the smell, it reminded me of cheap bar soap. I used this product twice and both times my face felt like it was burning and I had to immediately wash it off. I have been using retinols for the past couple of years so I know the reaction wasn't due to retinols, but some other ingredient(s).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by attilasue

An excellent product for the price! I picked it up at Sally's to see if it was as good as Roc's and I have been pleasantly surprised. I don't care for the smell, but it passes quickly. It absorbs well and doesn't cause any redness or irritation. My only concern is that it comes in a clear bottle and I believe that retinols are supposed to kept in an opaque container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by jessijay

After years of Rx retinoids, Taz began irritating my skin badly. Even the STC method wasn't working. So, I purchased this at Sally's in hopes of getting a more potent retinol serum at a reasonable price so I could still get vitamin A in my skin's routine until I can figure out what Rx might work. I've been pleasantly surprised with the performance so far. Soaks in quickly. Non greasy. Non irritating. Though I prefer fragrance-free skincare, the fragrance is light. Results are cumulative and take time to notice like with any retinoid, but I'm enjoying the results. No irritation at all on my sensitive skin. Am very happy with it and likely to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is only sold at Ulta as Retinol brand AntiWrinkle Facial Serum. I got this product because retinoids are the only FDA proven ingredient to prevent wrinkles. I have used other retinol and retinoids (Rx) products in the past that irritated my skin so I thought of trying this drug store version from ulta. This is a great knock off of Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM. I use proactiv system daily and it is a god send for acne (benzoyl, aha, and glycolic) but it doesnt help with my texture, pore size, and I also should be using an antiaging product now since Im getting older. I got this serum to use help with that. So i use my proactiv system, this serum, and any oil free night moisturizer. On my first night using this serum, I woke up with virtually no pores!!!! no joke! I was so impressed by the smoothness of my skin. Peels and facials cause my face to be smooth, but I achieved it overnight by this product. I used the next night, and it does not irritate my skin. For a retinol product, this is great news, because retinol is harsh. But this product is divine. It holds 500,000 IU units of vitamin A (retinol). The serum soaks into my skin without being oily or greasy. I also find that it virtually has no fragrance. It comes in a dropper bottle, and I use one dropper squeeze per night. I will continue to use this and update my review. I know several people say once you start using a retinol, you can get breakouts (a purging period), I will let you know If I break out. I am using proactiv, so it could prevent that. I hope to achieve small pore size, smooth texture, and prevent wrinkles for occuring, If I continue to get these results from this product, this will be my HG antiaging treatment. EDIT: ok peeps, I found out from another MUAer that this serum is also available at Sallys for half the price. Oh by the way, this contains .5% retinol which is a good percentage for a small price. Roc skincare line has .2 for the same price.