November 28, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Treatments - Sally Hansen - Vita-A Lip Line Smoother in Peach

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nicely made lip balm. It goes on very smoothly and has a pleasant, light scent. There's no tint to the lip balm even though it's called peach. It leaves my lips very soft but it needs to be reapplied fairly frequently. I bought it on sale for $1.50, but I'd pay full price for it if I ran out. The only negative in my opinion is the lack of natural ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i bought this because one of my friends recommended it and it did have cute packaging. it feels very silky on your lips but it doesn't actually moisturize or 'smooth' my lip line as it claims, so i would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by vzajac29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging is pretty but I am not a fan of the product. When I apply this to my lips, they are glossy and smooth for about an hr (and this is without eating and drinking) and then my lips go back to being chapped and it feels worse than before. I am trying to give this product a chance as I don't want to toss it yet but I do not reccomend and would not purcahse again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone on a rampage with beauty products that are supposed to help the long-term (anti-aging, SPF, skin-clearing, etc) so I had to try this. It's nothing special. It's cute though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dunno, i like this stuff a lot. the packaging is adorable, the product smells nice and is so pretty to look at. smells faintly of peach, but doesn't taste like anything-i'd prefer a slightly sweet taste, but whatever. doesn't last too long, but feels nice on. i'm going to try the berry one next.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tinsel5001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the "Vita C" version of this product.

It's ok, not great. Wouldn't repurchase, although the packaging is cute. (It's a rip-off of Shu Uemura.

It says it plumps your lips... nah, not really.

It's a glorified chapstick, with a greasier texture. It's sort of the same as those glosses that come with the "longwearing" lipsticks (more like lip paint) you get at the drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

The Vita-A Lip Line Smoother is lip treatment product recently released by Sally Hansen that claims to smooth the lines on your lips and help your lips retain moisture...which sounds awesome enough, but what really drew me in was the packaging and the allure of the peach scent. Here are my thoughts:

COLOR: Bright pink in the tube but very sheer on the lips. When worn alone, it imparts a most lovely sheen on the lips that looks very natural and not too vinyl-y and over the top.

TEXTURE: Thinner than I'm used to for a lipbalm but feels nice and smooth on the lips. The thinness makes it feel a tad greasy but I haven't found that this travels all over my face like some sticky balms or lipglosses do. I love this product lightly applied before my lipsticks--it smooths out your lips and makes them perfect for applying color. Can't really speak to whether or not it has any long term effects to lip wrinkles as I don't have many. It's not super moisturizing--you're better off with Aquaphor, Lypsyl or LUSH HoneyTrap if you want heavy balm, but it is nice for the summer b/c it's nice and light and my lips don't need a whole lot of help.

WEAR: I get about 2 hours of wear with this product without eating or drinking, making this definitely the worst aspect of this product as most lipbalms last longer on me.

PACKAGING: Simple, modern and substantial clear tube. Reminds me of Shu Uemura lipsticks. A bit bulky.

FLAVOR: DELISH peach flavor. If you like those peach gummi rings you'll love the flavor of this product. It is a 99% match. Has no taste, just smell. It is quite strong so beware if you are sensitive to scents.

PRICE: a bit expensive; I paid $5 for it and it's only 0.10 oz so it won't last me long, especially since I find myself reapplying often (mostly b/c it smells amazeballs).

edit: I've decided only to give this item 2 lippies because it is horrible for any sort of moisture--I actually think it may make my lips more peely. Two lippies remain for the nice sheen/color and flavor.