Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

4.5

Glycerin, Sodium chloride, Maris sal (Sea salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl stearate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butylene glycol, PEG-100 stearate, Hydrated silica, Avena sativa (Oat) kernel meal, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl benzoate, Theobroma grandiflorum seed powder, Dipropylene glycol, Mel (Honey), Prunus amygdalus dulsis (sweet almond) seed extract, Musa sapientum (Banana) fruit extract, Benzyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Denatonium benzoate, Benzoic acid

The scent really does smell edible. It smells like granola. I tend to avoid foody scented body items, but there's something about the way the Soap & Glory people do them that I seem to like. Maybe it's that they don't have that fake creamy smell that I always hate. I enjoy the decadent feeling of using this granola like stuff on my bod. It works great, it leaves the skin nice and soft, especially if you use it regularly. It's not as effective as my favorite scrub (which is good old Trader Joes Lavender Salt Scrub). But it does the job without leaving any mess behind in the shower, which means I can use it more often. Would love it even more if it came in a tube.

I bought this at the recommendation of one of my YT beauty gurus. This is the first of her recommendations that I actually love. A word of caution, however. It doesn't smell "amazing." So if you're looking for the ultimate sensory experience, I wouldn't say this is it. It smells sort of like breakfast cereal. I don't smell any banana, and it smells nice, but I love it for different reasons. I need to use a scrub in order to shave my legs effectively. A scrub removes the dead, flaky skin around the hair follicles and prepares me for a smoother, closer shave. This does an excellent job and isn't oily. I don't like oily scrubs at all--I find they prevent the scrub from doing its job and they make the shower slippery.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome! Love warm "cozy" scents like this for fall and winter. Bought it for the smell, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how well it has exfoliated so far. My only downside is the tub. I love the look and feel of the tub, but find its not super practical in the shower. However, it doesn't bother me enough to knock off a star!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good smell, creamy and gentle scrub but due to I have psoriasis my skin gets hurt. Recommended for every one who has strong and healthy skin.

A good scrub, leaves skin feeling smooth but I find the after smell, smells a little of stale tobacco..? Just me maybe... Wouldn't buy again because of this but otherwise does the job! X

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best scrub of all time. Seriously. I didn't think I'd be a big fan of the maple syrup/oats scent when I first picked it up to give it a sniff in-store, but I was pleasantly surprised. It smells even better when you're taking a shower/bath. It lasts on the skin and I can smell it even after drying off and lounging around for a bit, until I apply my body butter. I like to use the Smoothie Star Whipped Body Butter after this scrub because I feel like the scents compliment each other perfectly.

This scrub does the job. It will scrub off all the dead skin from your body and leave you feeling baby soft. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the scrub doesn't do anything and all and 10 being it virtually scrubbed your healthy skin off too, I would give it a perfect 5. The texture is great.

The packaging is cute and while it can be a little inconvenient to use in the shower (I really try to avoid getting any water in my scrub container as much as possible), the product is so good that any fault you could find with the packaging is worth it.

As far as price point is concerned... when it was still sold at Sephora is was $22... now that Sephora has discontinued Soap and Glory products, I have found this scrub available with different online vendors for around $15... for your average joe this price is kind of high but let's be honest, Soap and Glory products are worth it. As long as this scrub is on the market, I will not purchase another.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OMG this is AMAZING! The smell first of all is incredible and it stays with you even after you have showered so you smell like maple syrup!! One downside is that the granules can be a little rough so when i was scrubbing myself my hands started to feel really numb. So if you find the sensation uncomfortable maybe use a towel to rub the scrub onto your body rather than using your hands. After I get out of the shower, my skin is SUPER smooth like a baby's bottom. I only use this once a fortnight or just once a month. Its totally affordable and for the amount you get - hell yeah!

This scrub is a pleasure to use. I had a glance at some reviews before purchasing, all describing the smell as orgasmic (or some synonym thereof), which ordinarily is reassuring, but after the unmitigated disgrace that was the Sugar Crush body wash from the same brand that inexplicably was similarly lauded in its reviews, I was bracing myself for the body scrub equivalent of a spoonful of ipecac. Mercifully I was wrong. It hugely minimised my irritating back-of-upper-arm chicken skin aka keratosis pilaris (hate that name, sounds like formal terminology for some kind of life-limiting disease of the genitals), it's adhesive enough that it doesn't tumble forlornly down the plug hole when slapped onto the skin mid-shower, and yes, it smells delightful. All prior references to maple syrup and oats are, I can loftily confirm, entirely accurate. It also lasted me an age despite the decadent abandon with which I tend to slather scrubs upon my limbs and arse cheeks, although this may be in part down to my soul-destroyingly shite job and resulting inability to claw myself out of bed until the very last minute (meaning showers are far too frenzied for scrub application 70% of the time). It even managed not to go remotely rancid after month upon month of getting shower water accidentally jetted into it and left there when I invariably forgot to replace the lid before rinsing it off. I was thoroughly impressed. Only downside I can conceive of is the overwhelming temptation to eat it that seems to hit me whenever I come home a bit pissed, but no reason not to buy it again. I'm sure it tastes repulsive, but it's a very nice scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a first-rate scrub. For a sugar scrub, it remains intact for a good long time - long enough to do the whole exfoliation job. I haven't got the tub in front of me as I write this (it's in the shower) but it can't just be sugar, because sugar doesn't behave like this. I do have a sugar scrub by Origins, and it melts within seconds. So the first thing to praise it for is that it does a good job of exfoliating and once you're ready, you can wash it off fully without leaving residue.

You get a huge vat of it, so it's worth the 8. My Origins scrub, which I love for its minty scent, costs 25.

As others have mentioned, it smells delectable - to me, like toasted brown sugar and pecans. When you're in the mood for sweetness in your life, this scrub is a yummy treat.

Horrible scrub.. It smells a little nice, like maple syrup, but the smell didn't last at all. A little while after showering I smelt my skin and it had a faint syrup smell. Another reason it's horrible is because IT DIDNT MAKE MY SKIN SOFTER AT ALL! It didn't make my skin feel amazing, soft, smoothe, and silky like other scrubs do.
Will not recommend or repurchase.