Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub

4.4

Glycerin, Sodium chloride, Maris sal (Sea salt), Sucrose, Glyceryl stearate, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butylene glycol, PEG-100 stearate, Hydrated silica, Avena sativa (Oat) kernel meal, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl benzoate, Theobroma grandiflorum seed powder, Dipropylene glycol, Mel (Honey), Prunus amygdalus dulsis (sweet almond) seed extract, Musa sapientum (Banana) fruit extract, Benzyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Denatonium benzoate, Benzoic acid

This scrub is a pleasure to use. I had a glance at some reviews before purchasing, all describing the smell as orgasmic (or some synonym thereof), which ordinarily is reassuring, but after the unmitigated disgrace that was the Sugar Crush body wash from the same brand that inexplicably was similarly lauded in its reviews, I was bracing myself for the body scrub equivalent of a spoonful of ipecac. Mercifully I was wrong. It hugely minimised my irritating back-of-upper-arm chicken skin aka keratosis pilaris (hate that name, sounds like formal terminology for some kind of life-limiting disease of the genitals), it's adhesive enough that it doesn't tumble forlornly down the plug hole when slapped onto the skin mid-shower, and yes, it smells delightful. All prior references to maple syrup and oats are, I can loftily confirm, entirely accurate. It also lasted me an age despite the decadent abandon with which I tend to slather scrubs upon my limbs and arse cheeks, although this may be in part down to my soul-destroyingly shite job and resulting inability to claw myself out of bed until the very last minute (meaning showers are far too frenzied for scrub application 70% of the time). It even managed not to go remotely rancid after month upon month of getting shower water accidentally jetted into it and left there when I invariably forgot to replace the lid before rinsing it off. I was thoroughly impressed. Only downside I can conceive of is the overwhelming temptation to eat it that seems to hit me whenever I come home a bit pissed, but no reason not to buy it again. I'm sure it tastes repulsive, but it's a very nice scrub.

on 2/21/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a first-rate scrub. For a sugar scrub, it remains intact for a good long time - long enough to do the whole exfoliation job. I haven't got the tub in front of me as I write this (it's in the shower) but it can't just be sugar, because sugar doesn't behave like this. I do have a sugar scrub by Origins, and it melts within seconds. So the first thing to praise it for is that it does a good job of exfoliating and once you're ready, you can wash it off fully without leaving residue.

You get a huge vat of it, so it's worth the 8. My Origins scrub, which I love for its minty scent, costs 25.

As others have mentioned, it smells delectable - to me, like toasted brown sugar and pecans. When you're in the mood for sweetness in your life, this scrub is a yummy treat.

on 1/9/2015 6:27:00 PM

Horrible scrub.. It smells a little nice, like maple syrup, but the smell didn't last at all. A little while after showering I smelt my skin and it had a faint syrup smell. Another reason it's horrible is because IT DIDNT MAKE MY SKIN SOFTER AT ALL! It didn't make my skin feel amazing, soft, smoothe, and silky like other scrubs do.
Will not recommend or repurchase.

on 12/14/2014 4:34:00 AM

This is the best thing ever , the smell is the main reason why i love it so much , the smell is amazing it smells like maple syrup and pancakes , its legit so good that i once licked it ( it tastes like salted maple syrup btw if anyone was wondering) .

on 11/2/2014 5:34:00 PM

Absolutely love this scrub!

I'm a long-time lover of all Soap & Glory products and this scrub was no exception! It smells amazing; it has such a lovely scent of vanilla that reminds me of a cookie or milkshake. It's nice and sweet, but not so sweet that it's sickly. The smell lingers in the shower and on your skin. Delicious!

It leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth and it's just wonderful to use a couple of times a week in the shower. It is quite expensive at 8 for the 300ml tub, but the tub is massive and it does last for quite a long time.

I would definitely repurchase this product and recommend it to anyone that is a fan of quite sweet fragrances.

on 10/27/2014 8:34:00 PM

This body scrub is just beautiful. It smells amazing. Literally incredible! I don't usually like super sweet scents but this scrub just smells perfect. The scrub itself is so exfoliating and moisturising. My skin is left feeling super soft, clean and moisturised after using the scrub. What I also like about it is that it doesn't just fall off the skin as soon as it's applied, it will stay on and even when you move into another section of your body you can go back and scrub again if needed. I would definitely purchase this again as it's an all rounded great body scrub.

on 4/29/2014 8:40:00 AM

Beautiful Scrub! Leaves very pale skin a bit red for a while but if applied gently, works like a charm! I do wish that the scent lasted better.

This smells so delicious I want to eat it from the jar! It is really effective at exfoliating, leaving my skin smooth and rejuvenated, but I find it can leave an oily residue. I really dislike the container, as it always seems to gather a pool of water on top of the product.

on 1/5/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Not only is it an excellent scrub (unlike so many drugstore body washes), it smells divine! It literally smells exactly like maple syrup and pancakes. This was my first soap and glory product and I am very impressed. It really helps on areas I have recently waxed and to prevent ingrown hairs.

The price is a bit steep and I may have prefered it in a tube however would repurchase!

This is AMAZING! My skin feels so smooth after using it and it smells so good I want to eat it off my arms! It's nice and thick so you can smooth it on and it stays on. It has brown sugar instead of nut shells (like other scrubs) so it dissolves in the water rather than clogs up the bath. LOVE IT

Top Rated Soap & Glory Products