August 20, 2014 | 1089 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice'n Easy in High-Lift Ultra Light Natural Blonde #87

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I am reviewing Clariol's Nice'nEasy in Ultra Light Natural Blonde # 87 that states "Designed for High Lift" on the front. The package said it would work on medium brown hair (usually these light shades only work on dark blonde or lighter natural hair) and to my surprise it did a great job! Although the package said not to use on mixed gray and brown hair, this did not cause any problem whatsoever for me. I did cover my processing hair with a plastic cap to produce warmth. Also, I left the product on for an hour instead of the 30-45 minutes recommended. I only did my roots and they looked very brown when processing but came out light blonde.
Pros: Inexpensive
Minimal damage
Conditioner is great and hair really shines
Cons: Runny consistency
Strong peroxide odor
Took a full hour to lighten my med. brown/gray hair
Actually came out lighter than I wanted; will be using
a non-peroxide toner next shampoo
I will be putting my last box of Feria Bleach Blonde down the drain (peroxide is a good drain cleaner) as this is just as effective, has a little built-in toner, and seems less damaging
EDIT: The new boxes no longer have the medium brown or high lift statements, and I was not as happy with the results. Revlon Color Silk #03 and Garnier Nutrisse #100 are better.