It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder

4.1

Silica, Soluble Collagen, Retinyl Palmitate (and) Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytonadione, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein. May Contain: Iron Oxide CI 77492

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Edited to add: Not allergic to this after all! It was the antibiotic I was trying out to see if it'd help my rosacea, ironically. So I'll still use it, but while I find it a decent setting powder, it really doesn't help with the pore situation for me. Won't repurchase (though will still try other products by this brand).

As I'm forever in passionate love with this line's redness concealer, I bought this with high hopes. I tried it twice and wasn't thrilled, but was going to try with a better brush. However, I woke up with either a major rosacea flare or a regular allergic reaction, big red raised bumps all over my face. Since I haven't changed any other products, I'm thinking this powder is the likely culprit. I'd be very interested to hear whether anyone has had a similar experience.

This powder is very fine and lasts forever because you only need the tiniest amount. The packaging isn't great because the loose powder comes up through the holes and makes a mess. This powder does not work for my dry mature skin. Just way too drying and not flattering. I love the make up forever HD loose powder for dry skin, it also has a screen so the loose powder never spills in the package.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After using several of these silica based powders including Nars, E.L.F and NYX, I have to say on my mature/combination skin It Cosmetics Bye Bye Poreless is the best. It sets my foundation much better than the others and my pores look totally smooth. I don't find this too dry or cakey even in the under eye area. This is a product that really lives up to its claims.

Amazing my HG setting powder! Because it's talc free it doesn't cake up! And a little goes a long way, i can literally erase shine with a tiny amount! Great for people that tend to cake up in their creases. I love using it to touch up during the day because it doesn't mess up my makeup. It's super soft and made with silk too! Love love love.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those products that seems to be a hit or miss, and it just really varies depending on the person. I happen to adore this setting powder and it really has been a game changer for me. I have combination skin that becomes very oily in my T-zone, no matter if I'm wearing foundation, BB Cream, or nothing at all. I'm also very heat sensitive and I sweat very easily. This setting powder is the ONLY powder I've tried that keeps everything where it's supposed to be throughout the day, keeps oil at bay, AND keeps my skin from sweating profusely....even on the hottest days. If that weren't enough, it completely blurs pores and fine lines, prevents creasing and prevents foundation from pooling into my pores. It also really makes all my makeup look more even, and diffuses any over application of blush, contour or bronzer (which admittedly I sometimes tend to do).
I'm also really prone to breakouts and clogged pores. This powder has never caused any breakouts and I've never noticed an increase in clogging of my pores either. I was a little concerned about this at first because their Celebration Powder Foundation clogs my pores something fierce, and I had to stop using it. Luckily, this is not the case for this powder.

Like most loose setting powders, application of this powder takes some technique and practice. It is very white and very fine, making using too much very easy to do. A little goes a very long way with this powder. The easiest and most efficient way to use this is by bypassing the powder puff it comes with all together, tapping powder into the lid (I tap it about 4-5 times and that amount is good for my whole face and neck), and taking a large (and I do mean large), fluffy powder brush to the powder in the lid and swirl it around the lid (like you would with a mineral foundation) until it's picked up by the brush. It should pick most of it up. Then, I tap off excess with a few good flicks of the wrist and start applying it by gently stippling it onto my skin and bringing it all the way to the hairline. Buffing, or swiping motions tend to create a heavier and whiter result.
The result is a flawless finish that is mostly matte. One of the things I really like about this powder (other than the already stated reasons) is that even though it's matte, it's not unnaturally matte and tends to ease up on the matteness while keeping oil and shine still in check. This is great for me, because I don't really like looking overly matte. It just reads cakey on me.

I also really like the texture of this powder. It is extremely fine, and feels almost like a silicone primer would if it was in powder form, if that makes any sense. Because of this though, it doesn't do well with anything being applied OVER it, such as blush or eyeshadow. When I first started using this, I became aware of that quickly when I'd powder before doing my eye makeup, or leaving blush until the end. It causes pigment to not take to the skin, yet it keeps pigment ON when applied at the end up of your entire makeup application (hence "setting" powder). This powder also doesn't cake or get patchy if using a setting spray on top of it, which sometimes I will do depending on what I'm doing my makeup for. On its own it keeps my makeup completely bullet-proof for about 8 hours. More if it's not very hot or humid. I find that I typically don't need any touch ups or reapplications of this powder, even if I do need to blot. Thankfully, that means I don't need to carry it with me, which could prove to be a real mess otherwise.

I have used this powder every single day I wear makeup for the last 2 years, and I have yet to even come close to needing to repurchase. For me, this powder is worth every penny spent, especially since I don't need to keep spending on powders trying to find something that works anymore. I give HG status very seldomly, but this is definitely a HG product for me.

I love this! No flash photography. I use this to set my concealer and it does a wonderful job! No cakey concealer for me! It so luxurious, I dont set my whole face with it just under the eye area.... I use bye bye concealer.

I can take it or leave it. It's a middle of the road translucent finishing powder, but that's about it. I didn't notice any real difference in my pores. This product has alot of shimmer in it, so if you avoid that sort of thing, then i'd pass. Overpriced for what it is. I think there are many less expensive dupes out there. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

If you are very oily, like myself, you will die for this product. It's really only meant for the very very oily. It is incredibly "white" so be careful and make sure to blend properly. I love that matte look without a hint of shine, which is why I love love love this product. The packaging itself is not my favorite, but nothing to really complain about - just be careful. I'm staying loyal to bye bye pores and if you're very oily you should too!

The key to this powder, A GOOD BRUSH!! I absolutely despised this powder when I initially bought it. It made my skin dry and cakey. Enter the Ecotools large power brush. It's soft and fluffy, not dense at all. It applies this powder like a dream in a light layer. Suddenly I LOVE this powder. Controls oil, sets makeup, and keeps makeup fresh all day. Love love love, but you need a good brush! The price is kind of steep, but a little goes a long way so I will repurchase forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First off, this package is not as horrible as everyone keeps saying. It's loose powder, what does everyone expect? It's messy, just be careful, it's not like it's a prop from the first half of an infomercial that's going to explode in your face due to your incompetence. Chill. Packaging issues aside, this powder is a bit underwhelming. It does feel a little less drying than many HD powders, which is nice, but it's just not incredible. My makeup doesn't last longer when I set it with this, or even look much better. It's pretty much just an invisible powder that sets, and that's it. Which is fine, but I'll probably suck it up and buy the NARS pressed powder again next time.

Update:
After using this for a little while longer, I have actually noticed that my makeup looks much nicer. Since I started using this at the same time as the Nyx dewy setting spray, I'm not sure which is making the positive difference, but this actually doesn't crack, or look dry. And my pores are greatly diminished. Also, my skin stays matte without collecting hairs from work (I'm a hairstylist) and that alone is a big plus! I think what made the difference was buying a fluffy kabuki brush. That brush changed how this powder looks so much. So definitely invest in a decent brush, and this powder works awesome. Even though it looks yellow-ish, it's totally translucent and this is the first powder I've used that manages to absorb oil, keep me matte and porcelain-looking, and last all day. Again, I'm not totally sure if it's just the powder or the combo with the setting spray, but the duo together is PERFECT. Long search= over.