It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder

4.1

Silica, Soluble Collagen, Retinyl Palmitate (and) Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytonadione, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein. May Contain: Iron Oxide CI 77492

on 8/20/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those products that seems to be a hit or miss, and it just really varies depending on the person. I happen to adore this setting powder and it really has been a game changer for me. I have combination skin that becomes very oily in my T-zone, no matter if I'm wearing foundation, BB Cream, or nothing at all. I'm also very heat sensitive and I sweat very easily. This setting powder is the ONLY powder I've tried that keeps everything where it's supposed to be throughout the day, keeps oil at bay, AND keeps my skin from sweating profusely....even on the hottest days. If that weren't enough, it completely blurs pores and fine lines, prevents creasing and prevents foundation from pooling into my pores. It also really makes all my makeup look more even, and diffuses any over application of blush, contour or bronzer (which admittedly I sometimes tend to do).
I'm also really prone to breakouts and clogged pores. This powder has never caused any breakouts and I've never noticed an increase in clogging of my pores either. I was a little concerned about this at first because their Celebration Powder Foundation clogs my pores something fierce, and I had to stop using it. Luckily, this is not the case for this powder.

Like most loose setting powders, application of this powder takes some technique and practice. It is very white and very fine, making using too much very easy to do. A little goes a very long way with this powder. The easiest and most efficient way to use this is by bypassing the powder puff it comes with all together, tapping powder into the lid (I tap it about 4-5 times and that amount is good for my whole face and neck), and taking a large (and I do mean large), fluffy powder brush to the powder in the lid and swirl it around the lid (like you would with a mineral foundation) until it's picked up by the brush. It should pick most of it up. Then, I tap off excess with a few good flicks of the wrist and start applying it by gently stippling it onto my skin and bringing it all the way to the hairline. Buffing, or swiping motions tend to create a heavier and whiter result.
The result is a flawless finish that is mostly matte. One of the things I really like about this powder (other than the already stated reasons) is that even though it's matte, it's not unnaturally matte and tends to ease up on the matteness while keeping oil and shine still in check. This is great for me, because I don't really like looking overly matte. It just reads cakey on me.

I also really like the texture of this powder. It is extremely fine, and feels almost like a silicone primer would if it was in powder form, if that makes any sense. Because of this though, it doesn't do well with anything being applied OVER it, such as blush or eyeshadow. When I first started using this, I became aware of that quickly when I'd powder before doing my eye makeup, or leaving blush until the end. It causes pigment to not take to the skin, yet it keeps pigment ON when applied at the end up of your entire makeup application (hence "setting" powder). This powder also doesn't cake or get patchy if using a setting spray on top of it, which sometimes I will do depending on what I'm doing my makeup for. On its own it keeps my makeup completely bullet-proof for about 8 hours. More if it's not very hot or humid. I find that I typically don't need any touch ups or reapplications of this powder, even if I do need to blot. Thankfully, that means I don't need to carry it with me, which could prove to be a real mess otherwise.

I have used this powder every single day I wear makeup for the last 2 years, and I have yet to even come close to needing to repurchase. For me, this powder is worth every penny spent, especially since I don't need to keep spending on powders trying to find something that works anymore. I give HG status very seldomly, but this is definitely a HG product for me.

on 8/11/2015 6:11:00 PM

I love this! No flash photography. I use this to set my concealer and it does a wonderful job! No cakey concealer for me! It so luxurious, I dont set my whole face with it just under the eye area.... I use bye bye concealer.

on 5/17/2015 7:13:00 PM

I can take it or leave it. It's a middle of the road translucent finishing powder, but that's about it. I didn't notice any real difference in my pores. This product has alot of shimmer in it, so if you avoid that sort of thing, then i'd pass. Overpriced for what it is. I think there are many less expensive dupes out there. I won't repurchase.

on 4/29/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

If you are very oily, like myself, you will die for this product. It's really only meant for the very very oily. It is incredibly "white" so be careful and make sure to blend properly. I love that matte look without a hint of shine, which is why I love love love this product. The packaging itself is not my favorite, but nothing to really complain about - just be careful. I'm staying loyal to bye bye pores and if you're very oily you should too!

on 4/21/2015 1:16:00 PM

The key to this powder, A GOOD BRUSH!! I absolutely despised this powder when I initially bought it. It made my skin dry and cakey. Enter the Ecotools large power brush. It's soft and fluffy, not dense at all. It applies this powder like a dream in a light layer. Suddenly I LOVE this powder. Controls oil, sets makeup, and keeps makeup fresh all day. Love love love, but you need a good brush! The price is kind of steep, but a little goes a long way so I will repurchase forever.

on 4/11/2015 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First off, this package is not as horrible as everyone keeps saying. It's loose powder, what does everyone expect? It's messy, just be careful, it's not like it's a prop from the first half of an infomercial that's going to explode in your face due to your incompetence. Chill. Packaging issues aside, this powder is a bit underwhelming. It does feel a little less drying than many HD powders, which is nice, but it's just not incredible. My makeup doesn't last longer when I set it with this, or even look much better. It's pretty much just an invisible powder that sets, and that's it. Which is fine, but I'll probably suck it up and buy the NARS pressed powder again next time.

Update:
After using this for a little while longer, I have actually noticed that my makeup looks much nicer. Since I started using this at the same time as the Nyx dewy setting spray, I'm not sure which is making the positive difference, but this actually doesn't crack, or look dry. And my pores are greatly diminished. Also, my skin stays matte without collecting hairs from work (I'm a hairstylist) and that alone is a big plus! I think what made the difference was buying a fluffy kabuki brush. That brush changed how this powder looks so much. So definitely invest in a decent brush, and this powder works awesome. Even though it looks yellow-ish, it's totally translucent and this is the first powder I've used that manages to absorb oil, keep me matte and porcelain-looking, and last all day. Again, I'm not totally sure if it's just the powder or the combo with the setting spray, but the duo together is PERFECT. Long search= over.

on 3/11/2015 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is hg for me - it does everything I want a setting AND finishing powder to do- sets foundation with a blurring effect , subtly cancels out too much shimmer of my highlighter and lightly tones down the occasional brighter than expected blush. It does not look heavy or cakey with a normal application. I like the slight yellowness to it – it looks more natural and I don't see any of the whiteness on my face that I sometimes noticed with other powder such as NARS LRP or MUFE HD. The only problem I have with it is that the jar is a too small and so is the puff it comes with. I really wish it were a little bigger and I am tempted to just dump the powder into a different jar for easier use.

on 2/17/2015 12:34:00 PM

This does nothing for my skin except make it look dry and patchy when I use it to set my makep

on 2/12/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

It does what it claims to do, mattifies your skin and blurs your pores. I use it primarily to set my under eye concealer and my T-Zone as that tends to get more oily throughout the day than the rest of my face.

It is a finely milled powder that you most definitely need to be careful with, because as with a lot of It products, a little bit goes a long way. I use a fan brush to use it to set under my eyes and a large fluffy brush to do my T-Zone. I took a lippie away from the overall rating because of the packaging. I normally wouldn't do this; however the packaging is so horrible. The holes are entirely too big for this powder, and you end up having so much product everywhere. Even if it had a twist top that you could close before you put the larger lid back on top would make it that much better.

Price point wasn't rated extremely high, because again with It products a tiny big goes a long way, so this little gem will last you a while. I know I have heard and seen that NYX's powder is a dupe for this product, but after trying that I would have to disagree. It is not as silky, nor do I feel as though it is as finely milled. I returned the NYX powder and stick with this.

I have wanted to try it over my entire face, but I am a bit leery because I do prefer more of a satin finish to my skin. This does such a good job and making the areas matte that I use it on, I am nervous to use it everywhere. I do have some larger pores on areas of my cheeks that I do think I will attempt to use this on eventually. It's nice that in the areas I use it on, I do use a powder highlighter on top so I don't look too matte.

on 2/4/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a finishing powder that wasn't so thick, I came across it cosmetics it is very silky and feels nice it does leave your face into a matte finish it is rather expensive other than that leaving your face Matt I don't think it hides my pointers it doesn't give me a beaming luck it's okay