October 1, 2014 | 1010 users online

Powder - It Cosmetics - Bye Bye Pores Poreless Finish HD Micro-Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the only place i DONT break out from this on is my nose-and on my nose, it leaves a powdery white finish (i am NC42). honestly, there is really no such thing as "translucent". if the powder is stark white, tanned girls be cautious.

this broke me out in bumps all over my forehead and chin unfortunately. i have an extremely oily t-zone and this kept me semi-matte at the most and only for a couple of hours.

here's a tip: do NOT pull the sticker off. Just take a needle and poke FOUR holes in it. This will keep too much product from coming out at a time and if you travel with it you won't get a crazy mess when you open the cap.

This has really great anti-aging ingredients in it, so im pretty sad that it didnt work for me. i give it one lippie for the smooth finish it gives immediately (but does not last) and one lippe for the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is one of the only things I've found that can keep my super oily face matte for most of the day. You only need a tiny amount and it smooths over your skin to give it a wonderfully soft texture and flawless finish. Unlike some micro finish powders I've tried, it doesn't cling to any dry spots or look cakey. Don't buy this and expect to travel with it because the powder will spill over the top sifter and become really messy when you try and use it. The little powder puff it comes with does help with that (although I wouldn't recommend using that over a brush to apply it). I will be repurchasing this as it has become my holy grail finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super, super oily skin here. Am on the endless quest to find THE product to handle the oil. I mean it when I say NOTHING has worked to control oil on my face for any decent length of time ...till this powder.

Because my face is so oily and makeup just slides off, i now always apply powder after primer (I use Hourglass MV) and under foundation (I use EL DW Light), then AGAIN as a finishing powder. I expected IT to be good as a finishing powder, but expected nothing better than my normal sunscreen powder (JI) in terms of oil control. Imagine my surprise when I noticed I could go a whole 8 HOURS+ and not have to blot my face! YES! I usually blot after the first hour or TWO in the morning and continually throughout the day. I can go at least 8 hours before I have to blot using IT. Say WHAT?! What's in this stuff that makes it work? No idea, and I won't look a gift HG powder in the mouth!

As for the finish of the powder, it is LOVELY but only if you don't over apply (you'll look chalky). Pores do vanish. It sets any makeup you might have.

But really, for me the value here is the oil control. It's a miracle. I think I still hear the angels singing...

But this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by rhbrand

OMG! I love this stuff! It actually lives up to its name, Bye Bye Pores! When I put this stuff onm, it totally makes my pores either disapear totally, or makes them look 75% smaller. And it sets my foundation, and keeps the shiny nose away.
My only issue is taking it with me in a make up bag. Being in a shaker type container, it dumps out a lot of product. If IT Cosmetics would invest in some sort of way to close it so I wouldn't waste any, this would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

HG powder! Despite the yellowish tint, the powder buffs on completely colorless and without chalkiness or caking. It applies and blends like a dream, leaving behind a smooth complexion that's less shiny without appearing lifelessly matte. It doesn't over-dry or settle into lines. And yes, my pores do look smaller! The powder lasts a long time on the skin. It also is a good value, as I get about 3 months of near-daily applications out of one container.

You really need a Kabuki-style brush to appreciate the powder. Any brush will do the job--it doesn't have to be the $50 monster brush that IT sells. And hold onto the puff it comes with becuase it will help keep the product in place when you travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing! It somehow really does make my skin look pore-less. And it makes my skin feel so soft. I even put this stuff on when I'm not wearing makeup. I only wish the packaging was different, I could never put this in my purse. The product comes out everywhere and there is no way to control how much comes out. But I can deal with that because of how great this powder is

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nothing sets my foundation better than this! It really does smooth out pores and fine lines. Leaves a semi-matte, smooth and silky finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this along w/the CC Cream because I turned 36 this year. It's fairly close to the standard translucent Makeup 4ever powder I had been using. The difference being that it doesn't dry out my skin near as bad. Getting older sucks! This is a powder that for me ( normal/oily skin type) needs. I will say that if you have dry skin...do not buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I ordered this along with the CC cream (which I love) from the company website with a 20% off code. This does a good job of filling in pores, better than LM or Tarte's for me, but not completely. Worth trying for sure

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I cannot say enough good things about this powder. I have really large pores on my nose and cheeks and incredibly oily skin. I've tried pretty much every HD powder on the market, and they all seemed like basic silica powders and didn't do anything for pores and certainly not anything for mattifying. This powder is on a whole other level. It really does make my pores so much less visible and mattifies like crazy- normally, I have to use a blotting sheet every hour, and when I blot every hour, that whole little blue sheet is used up. However, with this I went to blot two and a half hours later, and only used up half of a blotting sheet!! That is a miracle for me.
The key for me is in how I apply it- I use a buffing brush (I use the Real Techniques one, but really any dense small-headed brush will do), swirl a bit of the powder into the lid, and then buff it all over. When I'm buffing, I go in small circles, and this is key- I change up the direction I'm swirling. I swirl over an area in a clockwise direction, and then go back over it in a counter-clockwise direction. I go over each area a couple of times. I found that when I just swept or pressed this on it looked good, but when I buff it in it looks amazing and I get much better oil control.
This also makes the fine lines around my mouth way less noticeable too, so if you don't have large pores but have fine lines, I think this would work as well. I think the price is in line with other high end powders, and is worth it. I do wish the sifter had much smaller holes or at least a closure like Bare Minerals came out with, but I'm willing to put up with it. I don't find that this spills all over my makeup bag, and I travel with this powder every day. I think this is far superior to the new Nars crystal powder and the Hourglass ambient lighting powders when it comes to the appearance of pores, and it's the best mattifying powder I've ever found. So worth the money.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No