September 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Natural Soft Black Midnight Sky

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As someone with naturally dark features such as olive skin and near black hair, it's always nice to add some shine and luster to the hair using even blacker and shiner colors from the box. Loreal has done a great job at producing a color that I will continue to come back to due to its dark radiance.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by clitorine

i hadn't colored my hair in a couple of months, so i had a fair amount of dark brown roots and jet black length. i decided to try this color on a whim. big mistake.

i colored my hair and left it in for the 25 minutes it says in the instructions. after rinsing out the color, i realized that my hair looked EXACTLY THE SAME as it did before i colored it. same two-three inches of roots, except now they looked more red? i thought maybe i didn't leave the color in for long enough, so a week later, i decided to give feria another try. big mistake number two.

for this second try, i decided to leave the color in for 30-35 minutes. my hair was black, but only for about a week. everyday, as i showered, i would see a TON of black wash off my hair. and i co-wash and use sulfate-free shampoo. the color was gone completely within two weeks and was left with reddish brown hair with, still, dark brown/black length.

needless to say, this stuff is crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by Kattami89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color is nice enough, but it completely ruined my hair if I'm bluntly honest.
Most of my hair either fell out, or shed excessively... Which I wasn't very happy about, and had to wear a hat for several weeks until it grew back to its' original thickness and length.

I don't recommend the Feria range generally, it's just too harsh on your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by dgraham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Midnight Sky: Natural soft black it says.....maybe for the ends, but not the roots!!

My hair is naturally dark brown and I wanted to go back to black. Thinking the "natural soft black" sounded about right (not wanting the jet black look), I thought this would be just what I was looking for. My roots are a lovely shade of reddish brown while the rest of my hair is looking like it is going to actually be black. Basically, it looks like dyed hair hair that has grown out a couple months, except with RED in it!! Not very impressed to say the least.

Seriously L'Oreal? How can you screw up black?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by selkie67

I bought this to match my natural dark hair color and cover up a few sparklies (I get white hairs, not grays.) My hair's not true pitch-black--it's almost a very, very dark brown--so I bought this shade thinking it wouldn't be that harsh shoe-polish black and would look more natural.

Trouble is, it isn't black at ALL. It's medium brown--a warm medium brown, though the box called it "neutral." I've been coloring my hair at home since I was a teenager and know you can't go by the pics on the side of the box, but this wasn't even close. It looked okay at first, if not as dark as I expected, but a week and 2 shampoos later, it had turned a good 2 shades lighter than my natural hair color (and the shade shown on the box.) Didn't cover all the sparklies, either. Ecchh. Needless to say, I won't buy it again.