December 21, 2014 | 1397 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Soothe - Aloe & Chamomile

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. This lotion is pretty runny and takes some time to absorb. After only a few hours my legs were dry again. But it's inexpensive and it has a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you live or experience hot and sticky summers or warm weather, this is the lotion to get. I live in Chicago and the summers here sometimes gets unbearable humid and sometimes I want to forgo wearing lotion or oil. Unfortunately I have a sick obsession in taking hot showers in all seasons so I need to put back the moisture (and no I will not let up in taking hot showers unless it poses a fatal health risk *lol*).

This lotion is the right texture and it sinks in pretty fast. But I must stress that it is a light lotion because if you work or reside in a place where there is a high powered AC, this lotion's effects will not last long at all. Maybe like 3 hours tops before you become ashy as all get out. I purchased this bottle at Big Lots for $3.50 plus tax (for the 21oz bottle) and I am planning to purchase again for usage in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

aloe and chamomile is a verry nice lotion that i use in combo with shea butter or collagen ellastin by st ives as well.so,it works for leaving my skin soft,moisturized and it did repare the dryness,caused by the winter.i use st ives since 97,i really love their products,that have many natural ingredients.love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Is this available only in Canada? I'm curious as to why it hasn't been reviewed yet.

Anyway, tried it on a whim and it's nothing special. Just your ordinary, everyday body lotion. It goes on easily and absorbs quickly and is not at all greasy or oily, so that's nice.

But after a few hours my skin feels dry again. This has a ton of mineral oil in it (why do companies keep using this crappy ingredient??), and is water-based. Not a fan. Definitely wouldn't buy it again. It's basic and would probably be most suitable as a summer lotion for people without concerns of dryness and flaking.

I'm looking for something that actually transforms my skin, because after a couple of years of (shamefully) using a tanning bed and going without lotions after my showers, my 27-year-old skin needs some intense treatment. This is not the lotion to do it. Don't expect much from this if you intend to buy, it's nothing to write home about.