Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer

3.4

on 4/16/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product, use it every day, feels silky on my skin, a tube lasts a while, and the price is right, $7.99 in Canada.

on 4/6/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This primer really made my face feel soft and silky. It also gave my skin a flawless and matte finish. I would definitely say this is one of my favourite drugstore primers, and I would repurchase it.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I looooooove it! Makes my face looks flawlesssss! Definitely will buy it again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So I finished up my Sheer Envy Primer (the one in the white tube) and I went to Walmart to get some more. It was sold out...so I was stuck. I noticed that there were plenty of the Illuminating Primer left (the first red flag) so went with that one. I used it this morning. There is glitter in the primer (second red flag). I figured, once I smooth it on, maybe the glitter wont show up. The glitter did not. I top the primer with my powder foundation and I'm ready for the day...maybe. Inside my face looked fine. Outside...that was another story. My face didn't look "illuminated"; it looked greasy. I checked my skin out: it wasn't oily at all, so this had to be the primer since it was the only thing different about my routine. I returned this product immediately. I'm not a greaseball right now, so for my skin to look that greasy, in winter when it's 10 degrees outside? I don't want to try to use this primer in summer when I am oily. I'll just wait it out until my preferred sheer envy primer is back in stock.

on 12/12/2013 9:13:00 PM

This is a decent primer, very reasonably priced. I have a problem with all primers balling up w/ the moisturizers I use. I just keep a small spray bottle of distilled water in the bathroom to combat this. Re-wetting your face with a mist of pure water fixes any balling issues. The primer doesn't show as sparkly & is as good as any other silicone based primer.

on 12/8/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This was a good primer for the time I used it. It goes on smoothly, but feels a bit slippery and very silicon-esque. I could live with the sparkle it dispersed all over my face, as foundation usually covers it well enough. I could do with a bit more lasting time with this primer, but for what is costs, I liked what I did get. I will not be repurchasing, unless I have to.

on 11/19/2013 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It feels weird to put this product on, but it really helps me not look like a greaseball all day. If you have oily/acne prone/combo skin this is good stuff. The price is a lot for me though.. $8

I was looking for a good as well as cheap primer at Walmart, and this caught my eye. Sadly, it did not work for me. It felt way too greasy and slimy, and it didn't really do anything for my makeup. I might use it on occasion, just so I get my money's worth, but I really don't like it. Honestly, I am not a fan of Hard Candy cosmetics. They really need to put better ingredients into their products. I am very unimpressed with their stuff, especially with this primer. Not repurchasing.

on 10/15/2013 3:49:00 PM

Flared up my acne and made my oily zones even worse, while the other primers by hard candy worked well this one just seems too greasy. Gave me blackheads and larger comedones. Would not recommend to people with oily or acne prone skin.

on 8/9/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have oily skin, this product made me even more oiler. But at night It looked way better, as long as I wasn't sweating or in daylight. I returned.