La Roche Posay Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub

3.6

Aqua / Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Polyethylene, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Poloxamer 184, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Solum Diatomeae / Diatomaceous Earth, Polyquaternium-47, Caprylyl Glycol, Myrtrimonium Bromide, Benzoic Acid, Parfum / Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate.

on 8/27/2014 6:29:00 PM

This, like many scrubs & some toothpastes, has polyethelene beads that are environmentally very destructive!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent product. It's almost deceptively good, because it's so gentle - it isn't harsh or abrasive at all but does an amazing job. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any kind of irritation. It leaves my skin very smooth, but not 'stripped'. I use it once or twice a week and that's more than enough.

on 1/6/2014 11:26:00 AM

After searching for hours and days for a scrub that's free of any comedogenic ingredients I came across this ultra fine scrub by la roche posay, it's a gel based scrub that has beads that do not at all feel abrasive or harsh, it's buffered by slip agents so your unlikely to over do it, for me it leaves skin bright, hydrated, soft, and it does not cause or make breakouts worse.
Perfect for all skin types.

on 12/6/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im really impressed with this product...after a long time searching for a good exfoliating scrub alternative.

This scrub is incredibly fine & I had instant results after the first use. I now use it once a week but I have very dry dehydrated (& flaky) skin in winter. I work this into the areas prone to dry flakes & my skin feels super smooth afterwards. Ive even noticed my makeup applies much better since Ive been using it.

The smell is great - I could be addicted :)

Not a cheap product but compared to other high-end brands, this is not expensive either. I would highly recommend & I will continue to purchase.

on 1/11/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have a quite sensitive, dry and couperosa prone skin, and most of the facial scrubs are too tense for me. So I hoped this one could be perfect for me, since it says "ultra fine" and Im in love with La Roche Posays Physiological-line. But now, after using this product for a month, I must say it is way too "scrubby" and strong for me. The grains are very small and kind of scratching, and the scrub feels like gel mixed with sand. It leaves my skin red and irritated, no matter how gentle I rinse it. Other than that, it has done nothing to my skin.

A very average product, just a little bit too strong for me.

on 10/25/2012 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a gel consistency, with fine beads that feels scratchy. Scent wise, nothing noticeable. I do not like this and i'm using it on my neck and chest just to use it up. This is pricey for the amount (50ml) and what it is. Its nothing more than scratchy beads suspended in a gel.

Will not repurchase.

on 2/3/2012 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great scrub....gentle, non-irritating, but really exfoliating. The beads/scrubby bits do not break down after you apply, and leaves skin smooth....like a newly peeled egg, as they say! I have very sensitive, reactive, clog prone skin, which, when irritated, explodes into angry red bumps. This does not aggravate my skin. Usually I dislike fragrance in my facial products, but the fragrance in this scrub doesn't bother my skin, and I think it smells just like D&G Light Blue. I use this once a week....I think any more would be too much.

on 5/30/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

EDIT 06/08/11: Have since discovered Nivea Skin Refining Scrub, which does an even better job for 1/3 the price.

Fine scrub, your skin feels slick like glass after using it. Fine particles that don't scratch. However it is way too expensive for my tastes, about 18-20CAN$ for a 50ml tube. It does last a while (I only scrub 2-3 times a month.)

on 4/23/2011 4:19:00 PM

This has to be the best face scrub I have ever used! It's scrubby bits are so fine and don't irritate no matter how much you use. Yet it is still very effective and my skin is left glowing and so smooth after use. It has a slight bubblegum scent which took a little time to get used to but it's not really a problem. I use this once a week and the effects are felt for a while, so I feel no need to use it more often. I have sensitive oily skin and this gets rid of the oil and does not aggravate the sensitive parts of my skin, neither does it make me break out which I have found with a lot of scrubs. Yes it is expensive for the amount you get but it lasts ages. I've had mine since november and there is still about a fifth left in the tube. Definite HG!

on 3/24/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The best scrub ever! Another great product from LRP Physiological line. This is the most finely grained scrub, therefore non-irritating to the skin. It also has an extremely pleasant scent, as the entire Physiological line does. Highly recommended. Average priced ~ around $18.00. Available at CVS and LRP's official website.