August 23, 2014 | 1340 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Anytime Volume Refresher

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This dry shampoo works amazing on my Asian hair. I have thin, limp flat hair that gets oily within 24 hours. If I don't wash it in over a day, I can only describe it as stringy, oily, flat and embarrassing. The powder used in this product is so light and fine. It sprayed in looking white in my black hair but after lightly fluffing my roots with my fingers the powder just disappeared. It felt light and refreshed and took out the shine. There was no heavy residue and this stuff smelled great. I am very sensitive to scents in any product and get migraines from them very easily. The scent in this product was pleasant and nearly disappeared. It also got rid of the dirty hair smell.

One can cost about $15 and even though the price is much higher than the Tresemme dry shampoo I tried earlier, it is 1000 times better! Definitely recommend for those who battle excessive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by BellaNya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super fine hair that will start out bouncy and pretty blow dried. By the time the work day is over and it's time for a cocktail my hair is flat and dull. This stuff is a god send. On my fifth can - can't live without it. Tried, tested and looooved!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by pinaro

Disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

I've gone through a few cans of this product already. Which isn't exactly a good thing because it doesn't seem like I get very many use out of this. apart from how little product there is in one can, I actually really like this dry shampoo. It's the best I've tried. It absorbs any access oil and gives you volume that lasts for a few good hours. It doesn't leave a white powdery residue either. If this product was cheaper or if there was actually more product in each bottle, I would probably buy it more often. At the moment I swap between this and the tresemme one, saving this for special occasions or when my hair is in need of a lot of volume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have thin, limp, mousey brown, Slav hair; nothing to write home about. Therefore in most of my hair products purchases I look for something that will add a bit of 'umph' to it without being too visible or making it going greasy fast (it greases fast on its own way too well, thankyouverymuch).

So far a product in a form of a light spray works the best for me, giving me the most bounce and lift. If it helps my hair look less greasy that is an added bonus.

This product is so hyped as a volume adding wonder by British beauty editors that I decided to try it, even though I find its price way too high for what you are really getting - and you are getting quite a small package of a not too good dry shampoo. It leaves my hair fly-away, matte and looking like a Marie Antoinette's powdered wig but it is still the best product that I have managed to find at Boots.

I just think it might work for someone with a platinum blond hair better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This is a terrific dry shampoo - it absorbs all of the oil at my roots and leaves my hair looking, feeling and smelling clean. Although the can is small - about half the size of most other dry shampoo cans - I actually feel that this is a plus, since I can carry it around more easily. It's really fantastic for travelling.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by elles143

I use the shampoo, conditioner and spray and that really well for getting volume so I was expecting a lot more from this product. I don't find you get volume, and it doesn't absorb oil that well either. I do use this to tease my hair and it's good for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by xtinkx

This product was eh for me. It works for it's price. Don't expect over the top results though. I still use on normal days. It smells okay and doesn't leave a powdery look behind. Helps volume a little on a normal day. I'd buy again though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So far, this is the best dry shampoo spray I've tried. My hair gets very greasy if I don't wash it every day but washing it every day makes it dry... so I use this in between shampoos to keep my hair looking and smelling fresh.

PROS:
Doesn't show up white on my dark hair
Smell is nice but not overpowering
De-greases very well
Adds volume to my heavy hair
Soaks up oil without making my hair too chunky like other dry shampoos
Doesn't break me out!*

CONS:
The can is SO SMALL, so it's expensive at $7

If the can wasn't so tiny, this would be PERFECT. For now, I'll just wait until John Freida products go on sale at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by lovebuzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at target ON SALE for 7.99... it wasn't worth a penny. I have dry damaged blonde hair that gets really greasy at my roots because of new non-color treated hair growth. THIS STUFF SUCKED! My hair stayed greasy after spraying it A TON on my hair... also, the can is sooo small it will not last you but a week! I can get tresseme or suave dry shampoo for a fraction of the cost and it will work better. WILL NOT buy again!