December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Gel lip color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Clementine. It's a gorgeous color--a hot cool orange, if that's possible, that tweaks red. I have pale skin and freckles and am cool to neutral. It seems to brighten up my face in the most springlike way, and better than the LM glosses, it leaves a nice stain behind while also having a lush, not too shiny look when it's freshly applied. A great purchase. If there were a deep pink one I would get that too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The new gel lipsticks are a dream to apply since they have the most moisturizing quality about them.

Berry Sorbet looks like a lovely plum/purple in the tube and in on-line swatches. However, on the lips it turns into a lovely medium hued pink which lasts for a "few" hours. The pigment is very good, however they do not wear well after a drink or eating. But since they feel so wonderful on, I don't mind re-applying!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Rosette, a warm clear pink. Everybody else raves about this so I seem to be in a minority. The formula is very comfortable, colour pay off is quite low (which is exactly what it is supposed to be) and the stain left on your lips is very uneven. The packaging is cute and compact. The lipstick broke off after about 2 months. I will not repurchase since I prefer something more long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by PJBX

I usually run out and buy as soon as it hits the shelves, because LM is one of my favorite brands.But I like a little shimmer in my lipstick,and these are all about pure vibrant color without shimmer, so a waited a while to purchase.
I had just tried my first chantecaille lip chic (amaryllis--vibrant, also no shimmer-- and I love it!) and I read that LM gel lipcolor had the same vanilla scent and shine, so I bought it-- in rosette.
I was a bit disappointed. Although the color is bright, it doesnt seem as rich. It feels lighter on the lips than lip chic, but not nearly as moisturizing. The scent (and taste) is not vanilla bean like chantecaile is. LM is more like vanilla- scented cardboard. My next lip purchase will definitely be lip chic in another color--- or two-- maybe even three.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by roobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

there is a reason why this product gets a 5 rating, its gorgeous!!

Firstly the formula is amazing! I have this in Clementine, which is an coral orange with hints of red? but its a great unique color that works for my NC37 skin but would work for lighter skin tones as well.It can be applied sheer as a gloss which fades to a stain or heavily as a glossy medium coverage lipstick.My only problem is limited color range(my supplier only carried this one but I'll try to look for other colors).For $22USD a pop you cant go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell4

I have the Clementine and it's gorgeous - agree with the reviewer who said they fade to leave a soft stain.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by gogoamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this! I purchased Dollface, a pretty light pink color. It is very hydrating and shiny. All of the colors are great, my next purchase will be Hibiscus Bloom (which they were already sold out of!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my new holy grail lipstick. I bought sweet cherry (it's a rosy berry red on me)- it is a nice bright but natural look- pretty and polished. Very moisturizing, good sheer color that hangs around in a way that a gloss typically doesn't. $22 is a decent price for a lipstick that I'll wear all year, day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely fantastic buy. I have Clementine and Hibiscus Bloom and the colours are fantastic. Previous reviewer said it perfectly: they go on sheer (although you can build them) but punchy. They leave your lips with a lovely soft stain as the glossy-effect slowly disappears through the day, and the stain is very natural looking.

If you put a little foundation on your lips to neutralize your lip colour prior to applying these, then these gels give you another effect which is just lovely. I cannot stress enough how great these lipsticks are.

Summary:
-The glossy effect is NOT sticky at all
-The stain effect is natural looking and pretty even
-If you naturally have a strong colour to your lips then consider putting a little foundation on to neutralize.
-Clementine, Hibiscus Bloom, Berry Sorbet are very complementary to tanned skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is one of the most comfortable lipcolors I've tried. It reminds me of the Vincent Longo baby balms, cushy emollient bliss. The shades are all neon in the tube but go on transparent but punchy. I came home with Rosette, a cheerful raspberry pink. I also love Clementine, a gorgeous coral in the same vein as Mac's gentle coral TLC. I could seriously see owning all of the shades though. True love, hope these become permanent.