November 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco Shine #63 Rebelle

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

All the rouge coco shine lipsticks I've tried are very nice. They have great color payoff, feels smooth on my lips and don't dry my lips out. One thing I would say about them is that they are quite fragranted, so it will be good to check whether the scent is offensive or not before buying. This particular shade is a sheer orange red, and it looks so beautiful against blue/navy outfits.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am scared of red lipstick. I have tan-golden skin, not voluptuous-full lips, so nude lips are very comfortable for me. This is the first red lipstick that I actually love. I've tried red lipsticks before! I think they look rather aging if you ask me! But this has a coral-orange tinge to it which pops on my skin yet enhancing. All of these blue lipsticks are not so flattering on me. And I've tried a pink-red lipstick and perhaps it was the formula or something but I looked like a cheap hooker. This is a sheer lipstick and shiny, also perks which i like very much. I dispise matte lipsticks, they make my lips look thinner and this plumps them up and the formula feels so great. I can only complain about the price. There was a sale and I got this half off. I'm thankful, I would have never considered red lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very nice bright warm red! Perfect for spring/summer! It doesn't last and it's best used with a lipliner (like Rimmel 1000 kisses in Red Dynamite) as it tends to travel outside the mouth lines... Only con as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely love this little red gem!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by svmgv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just bought this today after being on the fence for days between it and Monte Carlo. Glad I got this one. Looks pretty orange in the tube, but on my fairly pigmented lips it's a true red. LOVE how sheer it is since lipstick that is too pigmented scares me and so rarely gets worn out (as another poster mentioned!); bought a red from Lancome a few years back which is pretty much the same shade, not sure I have ever worn it out because it is so pigmented! Plus you can layer the color with this one. Really lovely packaging, as one would expect, but only gets four lippies, because for that price I would not expect it to be at all drying (although maybe lipsticks are by their very nature more drying than glosses?)

UPDATE: After trying some other lipsticks, I have discovered that this has absolutely NO staying power, plus it fades really unevenly for me, downgrading from 4 to 3 stars. However, have gotten a few compliments on it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great clear wearable red with transparency, if you are like me and find the strong red lip always gets wiped off at the last minute! I would have to agree with the many reviews that point out how short this formula wears, very silicone-y, but fine textured and comfortable`

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful, vibrant coral-red shade. Sheer formulation, but buildable. I have three Rouge Coco Shines now and still want more. This is a very flattering, vibrant red shade on my fair skin. Makes me feel like a J Crew model with their bright punchy orangey-red lips, worn with just mascara and a bit of neutral blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by abbeylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a sleek, shiny, classic bright red. It reminds me of a sportscar. I love this red and it can be toned down with a deep red lip liner. I think this shade is great on blondes and I love the Rouge coco shine finish (slightly glossy). This lipstick is quite sheer and I like to apply it in layers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ceen

A beautiful orange-red shade and a seductively comfortable featherlight, water-based formula. Shade may seem overpowering at first but can be successfully reworked/toned down with the right liner. Probably best reserved for summer use though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I purchase two rouge coco shine recently and both have the same pros and cons.
I have to say right away I prefer long lasting lipstick, I have pigmented lips and I need coverage. That's where Rouge coco shine fail for me, yes those lipsticks are moisturizing and light. I actually really like the colour, Rebelle is a nice red with yellow under tone so great for people who have warm tone (like me) it is a swipe and go lipstick BUT after two hours it is all gone! No lasting powers and sheer (too sheer) It is an expensive lipstick acting more like a lipgloss. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best red lipstick you can buy for daytime wear. Juicy and luminous. Perfect for Summer time and very hydrating. However, be prepared to reapply every couple of hours as it doesn´t last long. The red sade is beautiful though. A kind of transparent Ferrari Red.