December 19, 2014 | 1537 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette - Amethyst Glam 300

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by DropsofKarma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really really wanted to love this palette. I had a couple of events coming up and I wanted to add that pop to my brown eyes. First the good things about this Palette. The Palette comes with two sponge applicators and a step-by-step guide for a "day look" and a "night look". These colors are simply gorgeous but a bit dramatic so achieving that day look is going to be a challenge. It's expected from a palette with the word "glam" in it's title.

My gripe about this palette is the application. Not once, not twice but three times I had to go in with the "lid" color to get an even solid base. They apply too sheer to be a glam palette. Mind you these colors were very pigmented when I did a swatch test. I used a flat shadow brush and not the sponge applicator and the brush was clean. I had eyeshadow primer (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer) and an eye base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in White) which never failed me.

Also these colors didn't blend well for me. Maybe it was my crease brush but I had a heck of time blending my crease color with my lid and eyebrow bone color.

The bottom line: Love the colors and the liner color is AMAZING when applied wet but some of the colors were hard to blend and a little too sheer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I think this palette is beautiful! I've been in the search for the perfect shades of purple. I usually wear neutral browns. The colors in this palette are very wearable and the formula is smooth and highly blendable. One shade is a bit glittery..but for a night out..I could definitely tap some of that on. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by NeufChatel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love purple, but I usually don't choose this color first when shopping for eye makeup. I've tried many purples before, and they would often turn muddy on me. The Lancome Color Design formula is so pigmented that there is just pure color. No ashiness or muddiness. Photos do not do this palette justice. The fine iridescent shimmers are best seen in person so you have to check it out at the counter to really see the colors. The staying power is great as the Color Design e/s has always been. This seems to be the same formula as the e/s singles, which I love... :) The texture is soft and blendable and feels comfortable on my lids. It does not dry out or irritate. The color also lasts all day, even without primer which is unusual. I would like to try out the other bright colors in this collection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No