November 21, 2014 | 1773 users online

Highlighters - Boots - No7 Skin Illuminator

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Definitly not a fan of this!!! I had this on a few hrs and it's like it mixed in with my foundation and made it look cakey and Mucky? And looked gathered in to clumps!! And I only wear a light foundation! I usually use mac strobe cream so I guess sometimes it's worth spending the xtra money!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got the pink, by mistake, instead of peach, but am happy with it. I don't like is the packaging, with the brush top.. Nothing came out and then a whole handful. No way to apply it with the brush and not look like a disco ball. I tested it with a very matte BB I spread it all over just to see what happened. Not really a good idea to do that. Made my face shinier. You can spread it on your hand and apply but it's hard to make it work. Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Translucent Illuminator is very similar product in a pump bottle that works much better. Both are sold at Target and I thought I got them mixed up. I ended up tossing this. The Kashuk is a nice illuminator and way cheaper than the NARS, which I haven't tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lcak

Such a great product, it is a little bit greasy but its tolerable, for the price you pay, you get loads of product. I have had mine for about a year and a half. The only thing I would say is listen to the packaging, when it says "do not wash the brush" it really means that, I washed mine and it fell apart, its not the end of the world as its still apply-able but the brush was good! Mine is in "Peach", its really subtle but you can build it up if you need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Shade: I bought this in Peach, which when applied sheers out to a golden-y colour(although very very sheer, be warned) with tons of micro-fine yellow/golden glitter.

Consistency: Ok. Look, i have a problem with glitter. It doesnt look classy on anybody, unless you have magic hands and know how to work it. But this one - the glitter here is visible but teeny teeny tiny. I couldn't pick it up with my finger if i had to. And the glitter is distributed out very very evenly. On my NC43/44-ish skintone, it looks quite natural when not mixed in with foundation. If you do decide to mix this in with your foundation and apply ALL OVER your face however, you might turn out like Edward Cullen, which is not a very subtle look.

Application: Throw away the offending brush please. I dot it on cheeks, browbone and nose and then blend it out. When the light hits it, you see subtle shimmer.

Lasting power: The colour, which is already sheer, will be gone in a while, but the glitter will remain. Its been a day and i'm still staring at the glitter that is swatched on my hand.

Price: I got it for 9 bucks online. I think. For the amount of product i think its quite affordable.

Ladies (and dudes), do not be afraid when i keep saying glitter. It is NOT the glitter that you put on your eyes. The particles are way way smaller in this. Give it a go, you might like it too. Just don't put it all over please.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really lovely highlighter. It comes in pink and peach, I decided to buy peach because it blend in better with my skin tone when tanned (I've already got a pinkish highlighter at home for winter). The brush is not very handy, and it wastes a lot of product but I'm getting a bit better at handling it now. I wish they'd gone for a different design though. I put some on my arm and then apply it from there with fingers, rubbing it between them first and then slightly patting it on cheekbones, eye lids, cupid's bow, and wherever else I feel it can go.
This way it's very subtle but gives a gorgeous glowy look. I think the regular price is £ 11 (I used a coupon), which I find a tad on the expensive side but it's quite lovely and you get a lot of product.

UPDATE: I got the BECCA Shimmering Skin perferctor, which is a 1000 times better than this. I suppose if you are on a budget it's a good alternative but won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointed with this illuminator!

The built in brush wastes a lot of product because when you squeeze out too much you can't get the product back in.

Also when I applied it to my makeup it made my foundation clump together!

The illumination isn't subtle so if your going for the natural look this product won't help with that.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Amazingly disgusting product. Tested this in the shop, was repelled by the huge, stupid brush, but went ahead and bought it anyway. (Why? That part was my fault). This is truly the world's most impressive makeup repellent. If you want your foundation to peel off your face in revolting flakes, this is the product for you! simply apply some of this highlighter, allow it to dry (it will be sparkly, but that's what you want, right?) and then carefully dot a little foundation over it, blend in. It will look fine for about two hours, then your foundation will start flaking off, like a horrible skin disease. Brilliant eh? Or you could try putting this OVER your foundation. It will instantly curdle your foundation, making you look like you have different disgusting skin disease. Amazing. At least that way you have time to re do your makeup before you leave home. Apart from the hideous packaging (the brush is ugly, pointless, wastes product and adds cost for no benefit) this really is the most horrendous stuff. I'm amazed as Boots normally do reasonable products, but this is only useful for makeup artists who want to replicate a 'mild psoraisis' look. Not for the rest of us. Arggh.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

I like this highlighter alot. I got it at Boots in london with a 5 pound off voucher. I have it in the peach version because it suited me better.
I dont like this applicatior brush thing, so what I did was i broke it off with pliers and then I transferred the contents into a small empty pump bottle.
this thing will last forever, i only need a small pump and i dot it onto my cheekbones, nose bridge and cupids bow. Give a nice subtle glow :) product dries quickly and is not greasy.
I doubt i would need to buy another highlighter. Go buy it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in Peach as I have golden undertones and this is just beautiful on my skin. It has to be applied lightly, tho, otherwise it will look way too frosty and shimmery. But at the right amount, it gives serious healthy glow for my face.

The way I apply it is to tap and stroke lightly with a brush (I use RT's pointed foundation brush from the core collection) or just use my fingers. I use it on my upper cheekbones, browbones, center of the nose, cupid's bow, and inner corner of eyes. My face looks healthy and radiant.

I share people's disliking on the packaging. The brush is too big for me and catches too many products. Such a waste. Although I like the sleek tube for storage purpose, one can easily dispense too much product. I pulled off the nozzle, dispensed some to a 5ml pump bottle and popped the nozzle back to prevent the product from oozing out. I only need one squirt out of the small bottle for one face.

This product will last me forever, but I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really really like this & thanks to lisa eldridge, i would never have discovered this otherwise :-)
i purchased this in peach because its warmer of the 2 available & i find it great to use for all sorts of things. illumination in general, highlighting, primer under some eyeshadows. i have also been known to use this when im feeling particularly sick - it just instantly makes you feel brighter & glowing.
definite xmas prezzies for the girls coming up! great product.

update ***** like other reviewers, i too pulled off the brush. i found it wastes alot of product & i prefer to use my fingers to apply. removing the brush was done really easily by gripping it with pliers & pulling it off. its just glued in so there is no fear of breaking anything!!