September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Lip Gloss - Tarte - LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Pouty

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Texasdoll1000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. It is different than the one listed in the review line. It's called "Adorned" I love it bc it's sheer like a gloss,but goes on like lipstick. It has a slight shimmer, the glitter in it is so small that u don't really see it unless u are up close and it has a healthy hint of pinkness. It's a lil bit pricey at $28. I think it's worth it bc so much glosses these days are sticky and gooey and have no smell or they smell like chemicals. This has a slight smell and taste that is pleasant. I give it 5 stars and have already purchased 2 or it and 2 of another one I love of the LipSurgence. I wish I could upload a picture of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

The color, smell, finish, and look is terrible. On the lips you can tell its just sitting on top and not blending in and attaches to dry flakes. I definitely do not recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like some of these lusters, but this one has more shimmer & seems to have larger particles left behind and sometimes you can see them right after applying, too. It is a fuschia color but I prefer Frisky (sheer hot pink) to this one that I plan to just give Pouty away. You have to put on less or it gathers in your lips in an odd way. I like to have enough on that it feels slick, but when I do this with this darkest pink they make that is when it slips into places on my lips. Too much large shimmer in this one it is not a keeper but it was free so I can't return it or I would have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TDMS

I think that it's a good product if you just want a sheer lip color with a not very noticeable shimmer then you should get this. I like that personally. I thought it was going to have alot of sparkle and I'm not into that but it is a good amount. I did expect there to be a better color payoff since it's $24. I got it in a value set so I didn't pay that much for it but I am happy with the product overall. Definitely not worth that much money though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mint flavor is horrible, and I found the product horribly drying, as I do all Tarte lip pencil formulas. They go on fine initially but make my lips shrivel up within the hour. Color is flattering, but ordinary. I'd rather buy a real lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by 1hotchick909

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a few different lip stains, and this is by far my favorite. It is easy to apply, has no artificial flavoring, which is exactly what I wanted and very moist with a peppermint taste, It keeps my lips moist, and even the shine lasts. Tarte"s products have no irritants in them. I am so glad that I bought these and will continue to purchase them as long as they are available. I have 9 so far (=

Reason to love:

jojoba seed oil: easily absorbed, leaving skin soft, supple and smooth

peppermint oil: cools and soothes inflammed or irritated skin

vitamin C: antioxidant that fights free radical damage and prevents oxidative stress and premature signs of aging, while brightening skin

vitamin E: natural preservative that also acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and protects against free radical damage

formulated without mineral oil
formulated without paraben
formulated without phthalates
cruelty free
formulated without sodium lauryl sulfate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gadzooks the price - normally this is $24 - but I got this at Ulta for $6.33 (in a 3-pack deal for only $19 with mascara and cheek stain). I would NOT repurchase this, however if it was gifted to me or if it came with another amazing deal, I would be pumped. The color is fine. Like a rich berry color. My only complaint there is the "shimmer" or micro glitter that remains after. The mint smell reminds me of dental floss. The packaging gets 2 lippies, b/c yes, while it is cute, you can't see how much product remains and this bothers me (esp. if it's "priced" at $24).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lilly116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Ulta as part of a three pack for only $29 (also had a 20% off coupon, so it came to $27 for the three -- great price) with Moody and Envy and I love all three! This has a bit of shimmer as does Moody and both of those are pretty moisturizing, though I still use my Aveda lip balm first because my lips are pretty dry in the winter -- in summer it will probably be fine on its own. It seems to help eliminate flakes from my lips on its own, though. I would say this is more almost of a fuschia pink, definitely a bright pink, although not too bright to wear (if you're pale like me) if you put it on carefully. It would look great on a darker complexion too, although it is a cooler tone. Since my big issue is lip sticks that dry out and make my lips peel, I think these are a keeper so far. The staying power is not any worse than a lipstick, but it does not leave a stain on my lips really like a true lip stain would, but that's ok. I will not want to spend the $24, so I will be on the lookout for these value sets. I particularly like the more natural ingredients for your lips, since you end up consuming them. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by happyhygienist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this a lot. It goes great with amused color of Tarte's 12 hour clay powder blush. Gives a great pop of color for my lips and lasts much longer than gloss, but not heavy like lipstick. Very moisturizing. I agree that it is more of a pink than a berry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Tarte calls this "berry". On me it's a sheer rich/deep pink with slight shimmer. Somewhat moisturizing and glossy and wears like a tinted shimmery balm. Stains only slightly.

Comparisons - Reminds me of Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers but glossier.

Packaging - Twist-up crayon pencil with silvertone cap. Plastic casing reflects the shade inside. Be careful not to nick the pointy tip of the product with the lid when you put the lid back on :)

Overall - Really liking the product but not the pricetag ($24 each). continued >>