August 22, 2014 | 2017 users online

Treatments (Face) - Acnevir

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by nshelt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good topical gel but it is homeopathic which some people may not be aware about. I bought this because it was something different from what i usually buy and i am always looking for new products that are rarely advertised. I like using this as a spot treatment because it does make pimples worse and brings pimples down in size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jmgerch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Acnevir has been a miracle worker! Not only does it clear up my blemishes practically overnight but I've found that it has helped clear up my Rosacea!

This stuff dries quick so i can wear makeup over it and it doesn't dry out my skin. It's strong enough to do the trick and clear up my skin fast but gentle enough not the irritate the hell out of it! I use it 1 to 2 times a day depending on hormones or what stress is going on in my life (which like most of us manifests on our face) or let's be honest... how lazy I am. What would usually be full on breakouts are almost cleared up or gone in a day!

I think it's reasonably priced (then again i guess it depends what store you buy it from) especially bc a little bit of the gel goes a long way so each tube has definitely lasted me a while. Besides, have you seen the prices of the products on the shelves next to it? I think it's very reasonable!

I also wanted to say that for all you Rosacea suffers out there, I can't stress enough how much this stuff has helped clear up my p&p/acne! I have tried absolutely every product! You name it, it's been on this gal's face! But I've been using Acnevir for about 6 months now and won't use anything else. I swear by it! My skin has never looked better!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by taranisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been trying this out for the past month or so, maybe slightly more...Breakouts are usually really rare for me and I blame the current acne I'm struggling with on stress and hormones. I saw this and thought it sounded good so I decided to give it a try, but it has done nothing. You might as well not put anything on your face because this does nothing it says it will. I noticed no reduction in the redness or size of my blemishes. If it works for you, that's great, but I had zero luck with it. I'll stick to salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide because those actually work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now. I have persistent, likely hormonal, adult acne on my chin. It's been going on a few years now and I've never found anything over the counter before that really made much of a difference.

At first, Acenvir seemed kind of pricey to me for how much you get - $8 for 0.75 of an ounce. But, if it works, aren't we willing to pay a lot more than that for clear skin? Plus a little spreads out quite a lot, so it should last probably a month - so it's really not that much to pay at all.

Since I started using it twice a day, it has healed almost all of my old blemishes that I had when I first got it and also helped to fade some of the old blemish marks. I have had one random minor blemish pop up about two weeks in, and then when I cut back to using it only once a day for a few days, I had a small breakout of three to four minor blemishes. I went back to twice a day and that breakout cleared in 3-4 days. When I do have blemishes with this, it doesn't seem to allow them to get big and also dries them out pretty fast.

I have dry/sensitive/combination skin and a lot of acne treatments are too harsh on my skin. Many have damaged it so much with dryness that it actually changed the texture; others have caused redness, painful tightness and/or flaking. So far, Acnevir has done nothing of the sort. It's really quite the feat. It seems to have had an effect on my acne but no negative drying effect at all on my skin. I do apply my moisturizer over it (like some of the other reviewers say they do), so maybe that helps. Also It has helped to reduce oil production on my chin somewhat. I'm finding that when I use it under my makeup (powder foundation), I don't need during the day touch-ups on my chin anymore.

That's another thing - the application of this stuff is pretty wonderful and unheard of. You rub on a thin layer of this clear gel until it absorbs into your skin, which is does fairly quickly (about 5 minutes) and then you can TOTALLY APPLY lotion or makeup over it. No white pastes, no invisible formed layers that roll or crumble if you try to put something on top. Sometimes if I don't let it absorb completely it will flake a bit when I put my powder over it, but that's just me being impatient. It's wonderful because you can actually apply it any time. I use it in the morning before I put on my makeup for work and at night, after I've washed it off, before bed.

My hopes are high, but it's still early for a verdict on a product of this nature. I just wanted to offer my initial observations of usage. I will update this review with continued use, and hopefully what I have to say will only get better. So far, this has been the most effective hormonal acne topical treatment I've ever come across and I'm very happy with and encouraged by the results.

Update, Dec. 2013: I'm on my third tube. While this doesn't prevent all blemishes, it does seem to heal the big ones faster and stop the smaller ones from forming. It's effective enough, without drying or damaging skin around the affected spot, so I'm going to keep using it. I have noticed a difference in the amount of blemishes I get when I'm using it versus when I'm not, and while it's not a miracle-worker, it definitely helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Cassycolaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Goodness! I usually have at least 3-5 pimples at a time and since using this, it's been reduced to only 1-2! I also used to have mini acne bumps (dunno what they're called, not blackheads) that would feel scratchy along my chin and those bumps are practically gone too. I got this at Walgreens for I think $6 and it's worth

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by veeqdee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for a couple of weeks. I maybe glanced too quickly at the ingredient list, but today I looked at it more carefully and saw, in tiny font, "homeopathic topical gel" at the bottom. I have no idea how I missed that when I bought it, but I felt immediately irritated as soon as I found out.

Skip this product, maybe purchase something with the same active ingredients but in less diluted quantities.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kittypotatoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After enduring a sudden breakout - the worst I've ever had - for about two weeks, my usual benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid not helping at all, I ran to the drug store frantically searching for something that would help. I grabbed Acnevir, remembering I had used it before to successfully control a few zits here and there and hoped it could help me handle whatever was happening to my face now.

And it was seriously like a miracle, I don't know what else to call it, because I literally saw results overnight and it's been a week and my face is perfectly clear. I can only pray this keeps working because I'm like crying from happiness. My face is so much less red now and it didn't dry out my skin at all, although I do moisturize afterwards. It also dries clear and I can put makeup over it without a problem. I'm going to update after it's been a month to see if it still works though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clear, colorless gel, spreads well, makes bumps go flat...for about a week. Then I break out really badly. As you can imagine, that isn't quite what I'm looking for, haha! Benzoyl Peroxide works for me, so that's what I'm sticking with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kjb778

I've only used this one night, but after many days of applying BP to a few zits on my cheek (3 right next to each other), this has finally made them go down to almost flat. I'm pretty impressed. The product is a clear gel, no smell to me (and I'm sensitive to scents) and it dries quickly. I've been using BP but it bleaches everything including my PJ's and takes forever to work. By the time I get rid of current breakouts, I'll get a clear day then new breakouts. It's frustrating as an adult to get acne, I've used other treatments like Clearasil 10% BP and Acnomel (the tint also gets on bedding and is hard to remove). I'll continue to update, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by thistlegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was lucky that as a teen I had clear skin, thanks to excellent health insurance and bi-monthly visits to the dermatologist.
I'm not that lucky now, and since having my kiddo several years ago, I've had the acne I should have had as a teenager. Adult acne is a cruel joke!
I've tried everything- prescription meds, folk meds, over the counter and television informercial meds and Acnevir is the one product I've found that is truly working for me.
I've had a significant reduction in acne, so much so that I've been completely clear for the past two weeks - which is some kind of record in my world. It's pulling blackheads to the surface and my redness is next to nothing.
There IS some tightness as it dries, but it's not terrible and since I apply moisturizer after Acnevir, it goes away quickly. I've read reviews on other sites complaining of an unpleasant odor, but I've not noticed any. To my nose, there really is no scent. (And just about anything smells better than Benzoyl Peroxide!)
Spend the $6 at your local pharmacy. IMHO, it's completely worth it.