Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Lotion

3.2

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Arbutin, Disodium Succinate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, PPG 10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, styrene/VP Copolymer, Succinic Acid, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide

on 6/23/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have oily/dehydrated, acne/clog prone skin with a damaged moisture barrier. And I have done a lot to calm ALL of that down and balance it out.

I think this product is a great price, but I THINK I accidentally purchased this thinking it was "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" I don't know what I thought or bought. My fault and not a fault of the product.

It gets 3 lippies only because it doesn't work for me. I changed nothing else about my routine and when I introduced this product I actually found this oddly makes my skin feel dry and tight. My guess is that my skin doesn't like the Arbutin ingredient. I did notice some of my marks faded faster, but I also started to breakout mildly along my jaw line. As soon as I stopped this product, my skin stopped feeling dry and the bumps calmed down and went away.

I love hada labo tokyo replenishing hydrator. It's HG for me and it cleared my flakes and balanced out my moisture barrier. I am going to order "Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion" soon and hope that works for the days when I need a pinch more hydration than the tokyo hydtrator alone gives. YMMV.

on 5/5/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

After more than 4 months of use I'm haven't noticed any whitening or brightening. This was my first product with Arbutin and although I had high hopes for its potential to fade hypermigmentation, I'm not seeing any results even when using it with complementary products like the vitamin C in Hada Labo whitening essence. I love that Hada Labo includes hyuralonic acid in their products, but don't find this lotion (toner) anywhere near as hydrating as the other lines. After the first 3 months I reduced use to once per day instead of twice, as I feel it was contributing to a rougher skin texture and enlarged pores. I splash some of this watery lotion on my face after cleansing and wipe off with a cotton pad, but most of it soaks into my skin in those few seconds and only residual makeup and minimal product is wiped off my skin, making it feel extra clean.

I'm trying a new Arbutin toner by Lab 46 now to see if I have more success with lightening hypermigmentation, or maybe it's that Arbutin is not the ingredient for me. After 1 week my skin texture has already improved and skin seems slightly brighter, but not lighter, which I must put down to the change in toners as everything else has stayed the same.

Hada Labo does an amazing toner packed full of hydrating HA in the Gokujun line that I'd highly recommend if your after a nice, clean, moisturising step after cleansing and whitening isn't a priority. Unfortunately this Arbutin lotion isn't as good in either hydrating or lightening aspects.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle of the Hada Labo whitening lotion. It's great stuff! Hada Labo products promise only the essential ingredients for good skin are packaged in the ingredients. No perfume, mineral oils, or any other unnecessary ingredients that may irritate skin. It's key ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which locks in moisture and keeps skin well hydrated and supple. Good skin that's well hydrated and moist will give you that healthy glow. This product definitely has served well in delivering that promise! Before, my skin was dry and dull with rough, large pores. I used to use a lot of makeup on a daily basis and never bothered to follow a proper skin care regime which has continuously damaged my skin. When I decided to take better care of my skin, I signed up to Hada Labo hydrating skin care and it has worked wonders! I no longer have dry and dull skin! My pores are finer and my skin looks smooth and healthy. I swear I would never walk out of the house without slapping on some makeup before. But now, I can confidently exit the house with a naked face because I don't need any makeup to cover up anymore! My skin is fantastic and I'm proud to show the world that healthy glow! However, while Hada Labo delivers amazing hydrating results, I don't think it has much whitening results. Yes, my skin is brighter and feels more supple, but I don't think it's any shade lighter than my original olive skin tone. Apparently, the hydrating lotion is sold at one bottle every 7 seconds in Japan - which shows how much faith people have in this product. If you are suffering from dry and dull skin, do try this product asap! It's cheap, reliable, and easily available in any personal care store (like Guardian and Watsons). Two thumbs up for Hada Labo!!!

i cant believe i found this comes up on MUA hahaha bcs i think im the only one who use this product lol

i reallyyyy love this product. it gives me a light moisturize and doesnt leave my skin too sticky. it is colorant free and fragrant free so i feel it is so safe to aplicate to my skin regularly. i use it everytime after i wash my face and it gives me a healthier glow and reach a better state of my skin.

the only thing i hate from this product is the packaging. not handy, too big, it is not a tube so more like a bottle that you have to put effort on aplicating it, also it is too fragile. mine is fell once and the top is broken so i put all the lotion to my old spraying bottle from TBS which is so sturdy and fabulous.

on 1/11/2015 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was using the white bottle first and I felt that it was very mediocre, maybe it was because I live in South East Asia where it us very humid and skin hydration is not a really big problem for me (unlike my skin in N.America which is super dry). I wanted to try other benefits apart from the hydration part so I bought the whitening line instead. Toy biggest surprise, after using it everyday for 2 full weeks in a row, my skin is so much more supple and super duper soft!!! It's very crazy because the actual skin surface has completely changed. I wouldn't say it has much effect on the color of my skin, though it should take some more time. Highly recommend to use under your favorite moisturizer and after washing your face.

on 5/21/2014 11:38:00 AM

My friend recommended this to me back when I didn't use any facial products thinking they were pretty much scams judging from my experience with Faceshop and Etude House toners and creams. But this product really hit home for me. I bought it on a whim since the set was on discount and it turned out great! I can't say much about the Hada Labo abutin milk - it was sticky and thick and I really don't like the feel of it on my face especially during summer. This lotion (toner) on the other hand is AWESOME. I guess it's because I didn't get any breakouts like some of the other people did. I did get breakouts when using Etude House toners though so it's really up to the individual. Anyway, after using this for a week or so I noticed that my pores around my nose area shrank significantly and my skin brightened up a lot - not becoming fairer but a healthy glow to it. The product is light and it doesn't make me feel like there's something plastered on my face with a sticky feeling (it feels slightly sticky upon application but after half/ an hour or so it goes away). When I use this at night, I don't wake up to over-oily skin in the morning which I had with other toners. Plus it's quite cheap considering the length of time I can use this - 3 drops on my palm is enough for the whole face.

Overall, great product! I'll definitely repurchase after my trial set finishes :)

on 4/30/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't believe this has such terrible ratings! Pretty much this stuff is nearly identical in texture/formula to the original hada labo SHA toner. The biggest difference is the addition of arbutin!

The texture on this is very slimy, it's very runny so you must be clever with your application techniques. There is no scent on this, and it's not super hydrating but when used in conjunction with heavier moisturizers it really gives your skin a boost of extra hydration.

Unfortunately, this doesn't do much for whitening marks so if you're interested in this, you'll have to add something else for lightening your PIH. Overall would I buy this again? Probably not, but only because i love trying different brands. However, it is a great starting toner :D

on 4/1/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a dry skin and it really helps my dry skin a lot.
After using this, my skin become healthy and fresh.
I don't notice the whitening but my face become less dull than before.
Before using this, I'm always use moisturizer to snatch away the dryness of my skin but now I rarely use moisturizer again.
I bought this along with the milk and the essence. The milk is like moisturizer but the next time I will not buy the milk again, yes it really moisture your skin but too much! (even for my dry skin)
So, if you have oily skin makes sure to not buy the milk, buy the lotion (or you say toner)

on 3/29/2014 4:33:00 PM

My face looked very healthy after using this toner.
I was very surprised at how healthy my skin looked.
This toner is moisturizing.
I use it with the Shirojyun Cream.

I noticed very slow gradual whitening. My skin tends to be dark from over scrubbing (a bad habit I picked up). Something like whitening I think takes time.

I think this would be great for the warmer months. During the winter, I put a moisturizing cream from another brand on top of the toner and the cream.

on 1/7/2014 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I won't buy this product again as it's whitening factor didn't really work that well on me. Minor acne scars are still visible, compared to other better drugstore products I've used. It probably be better off as a moisturizer for anyone with dry skin.

Top Rated Hada Labo Products