November 23, 2014 | 1763 users online

Toners - Hada Labo - Arbutin Whitening Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by llissie07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My friend recommended this to me back when I didn't use any facial products thinking they were pretty much scams judging from my experience with Faceshop and Etude House toners and creams. But this product really hit home for me. I bought it on a whim since the set was on discount and it turned out great! I can't say much about the Hada Labo abutin milk - it was sticky and thick and I really don't like the feel of it on my face especially during summer. This lotion (toner) on the other hand is AWESOME. I guess it's because I didn't get any breakouts like some of the other people did. I did get breakouts when using Etude House toners though so it's really up to the individual. Anyway, after using this for a week or so I noticed that my pores around my nose area shrank significantly and my skin brightened up a lot - not becoming fairer but a healthy glow to it. The product is light and it doesn't make me feel like there's something plastered on my face with a sticky feeling (it feels slightly sticky upon application but after half/ an hour or so it goes away). When I use this at night, I don't wake up to over-oily skin in the morning which I had with other toners. Plus it's quite cheap considering the length of time I can use this - 3 drops on my palm is enough for the whole face.

Overall, great product! I'll definitely repurchase after my trial set finishes :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

I can't believe this has such terrible ratings! Pretty much this stuff is nearly identical in texture/formula to the original hada labo SHA toner. The biggest difference is the addition of arbutin!

The texture on this is very slimy, it's very runny so you must be clever with your application techniques. There is no scent on this, and it's not super hydrating but when used in conjunction with heavier moisturizers it really gives your skin a boost of extra hydration.

Unfortunately, this doesn't do much for whitening marks so if you're interested in this, you'll have to add something else for lightening your PIH. Overall would I buy this again? Probably not, but only because i love trying different brands. However, it is a great starting toner :D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Dinisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a dry skin and it really helps my dry skin a lot.
After using this, my skin become healthy and fresh.
I don't notice the whitening but my face become less dull than before.
Before using this, I'm always use moisturizer to snatch away the dryness of my skin but now I rarely use moisturizer again.
I bought this along with the milk and the essence. The milk is like moisturizer but the next time I will not buy the milk again, yes it really moisture your skin but too much! (even for my dry skin)
So, if you have oily skin makes sure to not buy the milk, buy the lotion (or you say toner)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1234

My face looked very healthy after using this toner.
I was very surprised at how healthy my skin looked.
This toner is moisturizing.
I use it with the Shirojyun Cream.

I noticed very slow gradual whitening. My skin tends to be dark from over scrubbing (a bad habit I picked up). Something like whitening I think takes time.

I think this would be great for the warmer months. During the winter, I put a moisturizing cream from another brand on top of the toner and the cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by haneeesa

I won't buy this product again as it's whitening factor didn't really work that well on me. Minor acne scars are still visible, compared to other better drugstore products I've used. It probably be better off as a moisturizer for anyone with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by chinney

broke me out. no good

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NisottKhairul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is sooo awful :( i haven't used toner before so i would like try this one to brighten up my skin. For the first 3 day it works well. It brightens up my skin and my acne scars starts fading.
But within 1 week, there's this tiny bumps all over my face! >:( i throw it away and wait for the bumps to disappear. But it didn't! It was almost a month so i decided to go to see a dermatologist. She said my face got clogged up from inside! She gave me a cream that works really well. The bumps are starting to disappear. Overall, i hate this. Such a waste of money :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Fluffysealion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was awful. I have sensitive skin, and am always wary when I try new products, but so many people raved about this product that I just had to try it. Unfortunately, it made my skin go crazy.

I almost never get any pimples, and when I do get pimples, it's usually from something I put on my face. When that happens, at most, I will get 2 pimples and even that is rare. After using the Hado Labo lotion, I got clumps of pimples between my brows and on my hair line. Furthermore, I developed small hives on my cheek and chin. I immediately stopped using this lotion and went back to organic skin care, which cleared up my pimples almost over night.

Do not use this product if you have sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by raverockababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased the whitening trial kit range to test out during a short trip to Bangkok. This product caused me to breakout all over my chin despite using only for 4 days. Definitely hell for people with sensitive skin. I had since researched and realized one of the ingredients arbutin might be the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by salire

I used this in the last of one months and got a significant result of my skin. I applied three times a day without cotton through face and neck, just after washing my face. Previously, i had a lot of acne, dryness (in the summer) and my skin look so dull and lost it shines. I've got my skin looks more healthy and bright now. Although i still have acne on my face, but it doesn't looks dull like before.