August 28, 2014 | 1376 users online

Styling Products - Suave - Touchable Finish extra hold hair spray

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

At first I was in love with this hairspray. It gave me the hold I wanted without the stiffness. But as time went on I realized this and another product were causing buildup in my hair. This product was the cause of most of it though. The smell is decent and not offensive and it sprays evenly. But the damage it caused my hair will make me never go back to this. I had to ditch this and shampoo with baking soda and a clarifying shampoo for about a week before my hair went back to normal. I gave it 2 lippies instead of one since the hold was what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dwoodruff44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my second or third can of this hairspray. Love it! Holds forever, doesn't make hair crunchy. It smells nice and is inexpensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by brandi8662

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a good hairspray. I really like it, its cheap it smells good its not crunchy and has decent hold. Its nothing amazing it could have better hold but I will definatly buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't ask for more in a product. It works very well! It doesn't leave my hair stiff as it is labeled "touchable" and it holds my waves after using my curling iron. Even after a day my waves are still good. Doesn't flake at all for me. When I think of flaking I think of a heavy duty hairspray that I've used way too much or too close to my hair. It's quite easy to find at either Walmart or Target and the price is super cheap. Also, doesn't leave a lingering scent. I don't feel a need to buy or search for more expensive brands as this satisfies my needs. If you don't like crunchy hair, try this out. Also, don't spray too close as you'll get more hold, but a more sticky and crunchy feel to your hair.
For reference, I have hair down my back, color treated, thick and coarse.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by dpanda

I read the reviews on this product, and I decided to pick it up when I found it at Walmart for only $1.99. I'm used to my John Frida hair spray, but I find the scent on that one to be a bit too much sometimes.

Pros:
Packaging
Amount of Product
Scent

Cons:
Strength (does not hold for more than 1.5 hours)
Leaves flakey white residue
Hair looks greasy and crunchy after an hour

To be fair, this product was only $1.99, and my hair has a hard time holding a curl. However, I think a hairspray should be able to help hold a curl for at least 2.5 hours. My hair does have a tendency to become greasy, at the roots, but not at the ends where I sprayed a bit more hair spray to hold the end curl. Each time I used this product, I held the product a good distance away from my hair, to avoid the white residue and crunchy feeling. Each time I am disappointed though. I will reach for this when I can't stand the scent on my John Frida, but I will have to keep in mind not to touch my hair at all ahahaha
On the bright side, it smells nice! :] and you really can't be asking for anything more!
I'll be trying out the Loreal Elnett hairspray next, I heard they have an "unscented" version now!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by l1zzyholmes

I'm writing a review for the Extra Hold version of this hairspray because there doesn't seem to be any reviews for it. For the price of this product, it works surprisingly well! I use quite alot of hairspray and now that money is tight, this is a good alternative to my beloved Bed Head Tour Tested Rockstar Hairspray.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by cinann4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I love the hold this hairspray offers, it has one big issue that I can't tolerate--it leaves a white residue that flakes off big-time. At first I thought maybe I was spraying it too closely but I tried it at least 20 inches away and I could still see the build-up in my hair. I'm brunette so it is very obvious so I don't think I will be using this spray ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I rarely use hairspray because im a naturally curly girl who uses mousse and spray gel most days, but sometimes I want to get fancy with the enzo curling iron, and ill use a touch of hair spray. So I ran out of the good stuff I was using, and seen reviews about this and it smelled good so what the heck right?
Guess I thought since I don't use it enough then I shouldn't pay a lot for it but if I'm going to take the time to curl my hair or style it any way, it don't make sense if it will fall after only an hour? Now I feel like a dummy because my hair isn't curly or straight and not in a good way. So i'd say this was a fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing smell and hold. I use hairspray everyday and this is a great product for the cost. Wonderful smell , fruity and couldnt bellieve the hold. Nothing like the old formula of suave. So glad I found this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by andrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Usually I use the Biolage
Firm hold hairspray when I curl or heat style and tease my hair, but I saw this when I ran out and I love it! It held my curl thru Texas humidity, smelled like sweet rasperries, wasn't too crunchy and was dirt cheap. Love it!!