July 30, 2014 | 1870 users online

Masks - Avene - Soothing moisture mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lauralove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great emergency mask but used for longer periods makes my pores visible and cloggs them. Good product after too much sun on the beach...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by earthakitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this mask after feeling that I needed to treat my skin to more moisture! I applied a thin layer of it on my face after cleansing and a few minutes after application my skin had this very tight uncomfortable feeling. I hated it and was already regretting my purchase. How can a mask that is supposed to be moisturizing make my skin feel so tight and dry? Being so annoyed that I had wasted my money I decided I might as well make the most out of it and slathered on another layer of the product and instantly my skin was receiving the benefits of this mask!

My skin completely transformed! All the redness disappeared, my skin tone appeared more even and most importantly my skin looked plump! I love this mask and use it almost daily. When I use it at night I wait for my skin to absorb all of it, use my usual night cream on top and when I wake up I have amazing plump and evenly toned skin! I never use it on its on. I don't bother washing it off, on dryer days and when my skin needs more tlc I put it on after my shower while I brush my teeth and moisturize my body and after my skin has absorbed most of it I carry on with my usual routine of serum, sunscreen and moisturizer. I use it in the mornings when I feel that my skin is a little dry from my retinol-A night time routine before I shower. I love this mask my perfect pick me up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by vanessalmeida

t has a creamy light texture that goes on smoothly. I usually never wear it for just 15 minutes, I'll put it on my face at night after cleansing, let it sink for a few minutes, then follow with another layer and leave it on as an overnight sleeping mask, it just gives me the most amazing plumped glow when I wake up. It's such a nice product to just wipe away with a tissue and throw away.

It is also great to soothe the skin after you waxed your upper lip or after plucking the eyebrows. It is a nice eye shooting mask, I tend to wear it around my eyes when the're feeling tired and sore, it's so revitalizing! I usually use it to draw some panda eyes on my face and go to sleep, my eyes always look fresher and nicer in the morning. If you're looking for a good mask for oily skin, really do consider this one as it's non-comedogenic.
That being said, this is really my all time favorite hydrating mask and although I have 10 more identical products on my stash I always go back to this one as I feel its the one that quenches my dehydrated skin the most.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This feels cooling and soothing when you apply it, but my skin is dry to very dry and it does not give enough moisture to my skin. I apply it at night before I go to bed and let it sink in for a while, in the morning my skin isn't really improved or less dry because I would still have some flaky patches. Nice mask, neutral scent, no irritation, cooling and soothing feeling, but not suitable for very dry skin, I really need something heavier!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is on the dry side, and I just haven't found this mask to be all that moisturizing even leaving it on overnight. I slather on quite a bit, let it absorb and go to sleep. When I wake up, my skin is still dry. It feels really cool and soothing going on, but I'm looking for moisture and will have to keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

Soothes my skin everytime I use it! When I'm all red and irritated,this is the one to use. I wear it for 45minutes and wash it off. Happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by dusice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say, I love this moisturizer. It is the first moisturizer that didn't leave an oil mask on me, it dries matte and feels great. I now have normal skin! The only thing is that I noticed some clogged pores on my cheeks, but that might be from a new cleanser I was trying at the same time. All in all, I would repurchase, as, even with the clogged pores (if that indeed is from this product) I like the silky, luxurious feel of normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cnsyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best moisture product i have used.
I use it once a week, after a shower. I immediately soothes my red cheeks and give an overall moist and softness.

The only thing i am not sure of is, it sometimes make me break-out. The next day of using the mask, i see some red pimples on my face which are usually dissappear in two days. Maybe they are because of some other product, not sure about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This is my all time favorite hydrating mask that has never fail me. My skin gets really sensitive whenever the season changes and this is the only product that works for me, it really hydrates and stabilizes my skin. Whenever my skin is acting up, I'll just use this all over my face (even around my eyes) and leave it on for as long as possible. I'll only tissue off any excess before I go to bed and I usually wake up with normal skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually have very oily congested spotty skin and never in a million years would I have thought I'd be writing a 5 star review for this!!. The reason being I used a 30 day murad acne kit and 3 days later ended up in hospital with what they say we're chemical burns and my eyes were badly swollen. After my treatment my skin became extremely dry and still I do not get any oil or shine(though I'd give anything to have that skin back!). I was recommended the Avene range for sensitive dry skin and the whole range has really helped with no irritations at all. This mask Is my favourite I use it twice a week but for me there is no need to rinse because my skin drinks it in in seconds that's how dry it is!. It makes my face feel so much more comfortable and I don't wake up with tight flaking skin, it has been a few weeks now and although very dry the texture has improved massively which has given me a bit of confidence back. I am not going to write a horrible review for the murad because I was a very rare case of what can happen and I no it works wonders for most all I can say is please patch test I didn't really have any sensitivities to anything until using murad. And this was all I was using.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No