Amika Curling Wand

on 9/30/2013 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love this! it seems that my hair sucks at holding curls but with this curler my hair lasted all day and night! plus it heats up and cools down really fast, and gave my hair that amazing shine. definitely a must-have!

on 3/23/2012 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm pretty bad at doing my own hair, and I have never been able to master the clipped curler...but this curling wand is SO EASY. It heats up quickly and makes for consistently pretty curls. I used the glove at first, but then after the second or or third time using this, this self admitted klutz was confident enough that I could maneuver this without burning my skin. I cast the glove aside, and whirled away--- the swivel cord is a godsend! I would wind the hair around without fear of it getting caught into the clip, hold for a few seconds, and voila! a beautiful curl. I say I would buy it again, but I probably won't need to. I am highly recommending the wand, and this brand. I've been using it for 6 months now and it hasn't let me down once.

on 3/19/2011 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this curling wand, then again let me qualify this review saying I got it lightly used off of ebay for $40 and the seller was kind enough to send a mini tub of hair mask with it.

When I first got this I had to be super careful because it didn't come with any sort of heat protection glove so I wouldn't burn myself. but when I slightly mastered the idea of a curling wand, my curls were impenetrable I went and worked out, showered, and THEN slept on them and they were still beautiful the next day. I don't need to use hairspray in order for them to stay, even though my hair is very unfriendly to the idea of curling.

The downside is though it heats up in a jiffy, it takes a while to cool down and only has one temperature setting. Although the curling wand part is pretty water proof, I was in a hurry one day and wanted it to cool down so stuck the wand into a snow drift...it worked and my wand is still fine.

I think I found my HG, I would recommend this wand to experienced curlers, just because it runs the risk burning yourself trying to do your own hair.

Popular Hair Styling Tools