Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Ether, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, Methylisothiazolinone, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride

I like the texture of this mousse...a lot. It is thick and feels solid, not like some that fall flat as soon as it hits your hand. But after using this and blow drying my hair I have lots of frizz and fly aways. This is a problem because then I have to use other products to bring that frizz down. So it seems like I'm creating more of a problem. I will also say that I do not use this to create curl. I use it for volume and blow dry my hair straight. When I am finished it seems like I have volume in some places and other areas are flat still. I'm guessing this is because I suck at blow drying my hair but this product makes my suckiness really stand out..

on 2/26/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have 2c, coarse, low porosity, normal elasticity and low-med density hair.

This gives my waves great definition, great body and shine. It makes me look like I have a full head of hair from the root that I no longer clip my roots to give it a lift. I suspect because it kind of "expands" my curls, so it does slightly stretch out my waves. I don't mind it at all due to volume I get and it still greatly defines my waves, so my hair doesn't look like unruly lion's mane. The mousse also doesn't dry crunchy nor does it make my waves look wet.
It looks full, bouncy, defined, soft and shiny.

It has dimethicone and amodimethicone, so it's not exactly CG-safe. But I read a few blogposts by blogger with scientific background that claim cetrimonium chloride can emulsify and wash away -cones and my staple conditioners I used as CO/RO/LI have it. Cocamidopropyl betaine does as well, which is in the feminine and facial washes I use as low-poo.

It may buildup on my scalp after a while, but low-pooing or clarifying sorts that out.

I live in Malta which is very humid and I also found this better on mid-lower dew point. I think it tends to "expand" my hair too much in summer heat and humidity.

I no longer see the product on Suave's website. I suspect it got discontinued and replaced with another product. I believe I can still find it in here for a while (this island is really behind on new releases), although I have another staple mousse, yet I will still miss it when it's gone.

on 12/17/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had high expectations buying this. Lots of great reviews. Used it on wet hair out of the shower . Added some gel on top. No muy bueno. Hair felt heavy and a little greasy. Curls did not curl right. So this morning I decided to use it in a different way. I brushed my hair out lightly then wet down my second day hair with a spray bottle and scrunched so I could see the curls reform. Then I added about two golf ball sized amounts to my medium bob 2B/C hair and scrunched again, mostly on the ends. Then waited for it to dry. Almost dry, then I scrunch it. WOW! Beautiful, separated, moisturized curls. I am really impressed.

on 10/17/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this mousse. It has a thick, creamy consistency with a pleasant mild scent. It is also very affordable and easy to find at any drugstore. I can achieve up to day 4 hair with this. My hair is curly yet fine & low-density. With this mousse, I am frizz-free and volumized! I like the fact that this doesn't weigh my hair down but still provides adequate moisture.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is my first mousse ever. I have straight hair so I never need mousse. However, I've been experiencing the sock bun method for curls and this mousse was the best product to use if you naturally have straight hair. NOTHING curls my hair. It is heavy, long, blunt, thick and coarse. I've used various curling irons clip and clipless for cheap to $$$. By the time I get to the other side of my head, the curled side starts to fall and I have to go back and re-curl that side. By an hour, my hair is straight again. I've tried hot rollers, foam rollers etc nothing! My first time doing the sock bun method (no product), I got very weak waves that fell in a few hours. My second time doing the sock bun method (wave sea salt spray), I got dreadlocks. My third time doing the sock bun method (curl enhancing spray gel), I got frizzy weak hard to the touch waves The most recent time, I used this Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and I got some serious full blown curls that lasted two whole days! This mousse is the mother of all products to enhance curls. Anyone should use this. I can only imagine how beautiful this mousse would make naturally curly hair look. Okay, some details of this mousse. 1. It is so creamy! Just like Reddi Whip! It's dense and holds peaks but when you work it in your hair, it disappears and evenly covers from root to ends. 2. It gives such a soft touchable yet strong hold. It doesn't feel waxy or stiff at all. 3. It controls frizz and leaves hair shiny. 4. It doesn't have a gross smell. 5. It gives hair volume. 6. It does an amzing job holding a curl. 7. It is extremely affordable. There are no cons to this mousse.

on 8/14/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. I have naturally wavy hair that can be made into curls with some scrunching and curl enhancer, and this works nicely to hold them and help define them more. I usually use this after using an anti-frizz serum and curl enhancing spray, then scrunch for a bit and let my hair air-dry or blow dry with a diffuser. It smells very clean and the mousse squirts out easily. It does make my hair a bit crunchy, but you can solve that with a bit of scrunching. Amazing for the price too. Great for curly girls!

on 7/28/2014 7:43:00 PM

I have really curly hair I have tried other mousses and all they do is leave my hair frizzy, dry it out bad,leave hair stiff or flake, but I started using suave captivating curls and omg I love it!..it works really well and it tames my hair it leaves it soft and my curls look amazing and it smells really good. I recommend it to all the curly heads

on 7/9/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

**WARNING: This product works BEST on naturally curly hair. Otherwise the results will not be nearly the same.**

My hair: Fine, semi-curly and thin.

How I Use It: Squeeze into soaking wet hair, comb through, shape curls with fingers and let air dry.

I have used this product for about three years now, and it doesn't fail to amaze me. I have used all kinds of mousse in all price ranges all my life to try and get a perfected natural curl look that is not frizzy or crunchy. This is the ONLY thing that works for me. My local stores ran out and so I had to resort to Tresseme Curling Mousse, but the results are not even close to what you get with this one! It adds volume, shine, and PERFECTS my curls like nothing else. The results are best when hair is air dried.

on 3/24/2014 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has a very creamy whipped cream texture and it provides great hold with minimal crunch which can be scrunched out with a bit of water. It does a wonderful job of enhancing curl and reducing frizz on my 3b medium textured curls, however I did not care for the scent. Luckily, It fades. Overall, I really like this mousse. I have been on a mousse kick, having bought Joico Joiwhip and GVP Paul Mitchell Body Boosting Mousse all in the same month. So far the Suave has a slight edge over all of them. Plus, it is only 3 dollars at Walmart. I would repurchase.

on 3/24/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot believe the holding power of this product. I have stick straight hair which is hard to curl and harder for curls to hold but when I used this, it lasted all day long! I definitely recommend this to people with hair like mine because, for one, the mousse can hold your curls, and two, the product is a bargain!