April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Styling Products - Suave - Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a very creamy whipped cream texture and it provides great hold with minimal crunch which can be scrunched out with a bit of water. It does a wonderful job of enhancing curl and reducing frizz on my 3b medium textured curls, however I did not care for the scent. Luckily, It fades. Overall, I really like this mousse. I have been on a mousse kick, having bought Joico Joiwhip and GVP Paul Mitchell Body Boosting Mousse all in the same month. So far the Suave has a slight edge over all of them. Plus, it is only 3 dollars at Walmart. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

I cannot believe the holding power of this product. I have stick straight hair which is hard to curl and harder for curls to hold but when I used this, it lasted all day long! I definitely recommend this to people with hair like mine because, for one, the mousse can hold your curls, and two, the product is a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I think Redken d/c'ed the curly hair products in the blue-green containers (not that I was exactly jumping for joy over their prices!!), but I've been using this & the suave curly hair spray gel. Together they are a great combo! I wish suave would come out w a curly hair shampoo/condish!! This product is in my price range 1st off & fairly easily found which are 2 important qualities to me as a consumer. Now for the stuff inside. The mousse makes my curls soft & defined, cuts down frizz, makes me be able to not have to wash my hair every single day, & has a nice, pleasant scent. The packaging is standard not cute but I am more worried about it being utilitarian & useable than cute coz I am all about being concerned about what the products inside are like, if they are any good or effective. This mousse is the only mousse I would consider repurchasing because well, I am always trying new products & barely ever stay loyal to just one thing after 3-4x of buying it unless it's stellar. Suave has remarkable quality of products all across the board & very reasonable prices. All that being said, I am going to repurchase this mousse when I run out (also will repurchase suave curly hair spray gel but I digress!!), & I would rec trying this to all curly haired ppl, it's so cheap so if it doesn't work for you, it's not a huge investment, so what do you got to lose, if u buy it @ a return-friendly store then you really should go pick some up! I don't work for the company. But this is my FAVE mousse, however I've never used HE mousse so the only things I have to compare it to are DS products... (YMMV etc disclaimer.)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hmm.. after reading the reviews here i really expected this to give my long wavy / course / medium thick hair lots of body and bouncy curls (glycerin gels do this, but with unwanted crunch).
i've tried using this a few different ways:

1. worked 2 golf ball size amounts into sopping wet hair, combed it through, scrunched a bit (not too long) with a microfiber towel, and let it air dry.

result: my hair didn't look flat, but felt "slick" (actually kind of nice). it cut down the frizz but did not give curls any hold or bounce like gel does. the under layer looked too greasy, and my ends were still fluffy and rough looking. wasn't happy with my next day hair- at that point the roots were flat and a little greasy looking.

2. used about half the amount on wet hair, distributed the product so there was more on the ends, less along root / underlayer, and scrunched it.

result: no body, no bouncy curls. and (possibly) because i used less product, a whole lot more frizz.

3. liberally saturated wet (squeezed out) hair, combed through, scrunched with a microfiber towel, then blow dried /scrunched on low.

result: flat hair with puffy fluffy ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by amandarp13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I've always had extremely curly (spiral), unruly hair. I've always had to wash everyday because after I sleep on it, it gets crazy and looks awful so I have to start over again. Even when I straighten, it curls up within an hour, so I stopped bothering long ago.

Fast forward to two years ago, my 28th year of life, and thus my 28th year dealing with this crazy hair that other people seem to love, but that I wish would take a chill pill. I'm visiting my family at the time and run out of my high end mousse, and decide to run to the drugstore to purchase whatever's cheapest for use over the next few days before I can get back to my more expensive stash at home.

I picked up Suave Captivating Curls because I've been impressed with Suave hair products in the past and because, let's be honest, it's dirt cheap ($2.50-3). And thus began a love affair the likes of which I'd never seen with a beauty product before that moment.

The mousse is very thick, but I usually do about three generously sized pumps on my long, spiral, partially frizzy, unruly hair. This locks in the moisture for me, and makes my curls bouncy, the right amount of voluminous, luxurious, and most importantly: FRIZZ FREE! After that, I just spritz a little Elnet hairspray on the top of my head to keep my side part in place, and those are the only two styling products I put in my hair.

My hair has NEVER looked this good in my life, and that's why I've continued to use this mousse for the past two years. I've searched high and low for an HG product that would control my hair but NOT make it crunchy. This may feel a little sticky at first, but once it's dry, you'll be left with the gorgeous locks you thought you'd never have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've only had this mousse for about a week, so maybe it's a little early to declare this HG material, but i'm *extremely* impressed so far! i have fine hair, and my curls are bangin' right out of the shower, but "wilt" throughout the day, especially around my face. when i use this mousse and blowdry with a diffuser, not only do my curls go strong all day, but they're SOFT & touchable!! it also seems impossible to use too much as it doesn't make my hair feel "product-y" at all. LOVE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Silvia8329

About two months ago I stopped blowing out my hair and am learning to like my curls. This product is fantastic. It gives me more definition and enhances my waves. It gets crunchy but I just wait until it is completely dry and scrunch the crunch out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylalloyd22

This is the worst mousse I have ever bought. I have medium thick hair with a lot of waves and I scrunch my hair very often with mousse and hairspray. I thought I would try this because I read good reviews but when I bought it I was very disappointed. It is really really greasy and doesn't hold well at all. I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by maggiescratch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OH, MY GOODNESS! Hair mousse like "back in the day!"Thick and creamy with AMAZING results! ZERO frizz and perfectly smooth, bouncy ringlets after hair is dry.

Whatever the combination of ingredients is, it forms some sort of unfelt, unseen barrier that keeps moisture OUT. Also, I have been able to go a third day without shampooing and my hair still looks clean and has only needed for me to spritz with water and reshape in the morning.

Seriously, all this for only $2.99?? Nothing out there I have tried compares to this mousse.. I actually contacted Suave to let them know how much I loved this product. Maybe if enough of us do the same, it will become a classic and not eventually get discontinued. It certainly deserves a spot on every drugstore shelf.

Let's try to keep this product alive and kicking!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by bamberson

I love this mousse! I have curly/wavy hair that is pretty thick and long(lower-back). Most of my curls are in a "S" shape but I also have spirals and loose waves. My hair tends to get frizzy mainly for two reasons: I love to touch my hair, and I live in the humid state of Florida. Most products tend to separate my curls which makes them look stringy and greasy and just plain old gross. I saw this mousse at Walmart and thought I would give it a try since it was so reasonably priced. I washed my hair in the shower and brushed out all of the tangles, then I wrapped my hair up in a t-shirt (cotton tees keep curls nicer compared to towels) and kept it up for about 10 mins. I let my hair down and tousled my hair a bit with my fingers, then I used about a golfball sized amount of mousse on my entire head focusing mainly on the hair that rests past my ears (top of my head isn't too curly). I let it air dry for about an hour and then I went to sleep with my hair still partially damp. The next morning when I woke up I was so surprised! My curls were beautiful and for the most part in uniform. My hair had a nice shine to it as if I had naturally healthy hair, not as if it was covered in product. There was absolutely no crunch to my hair and my curls could still move naturally. Some people say that the smell of the mousse lingers in their hair but I didn't have this problem. The mousse definitely has a powerful fruity smell when its first applied but after awhile the smell faded away.
I would 100% buy this product again especially for such a great price.