November 24, 2014 | 1971 users online

Styling Products - Suave - Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Catitude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mousse. It has a thick, creamy consistency with a pleasant mild scent. It is also very affordable and easy to find at any drugstore. I can achieve up to day 4 hair with this. My hair is curly yet fine & low-density. With this mousse, I am frizz-free and volumized! I like the fact that this doesn't weigh my hair down but still provides adequate moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

This is my first mousse ever. I have straight hair so I never need mousse. However, I've been experiencing the sock bun method for curls and this mousse was the best product to use if you naturally have straight hair. NOTHING curls my hair. It is heavy, long, blunt, thick and coarse. I've used various curling irons clip and clipless for cheap to $$$. By the time I get to the other side of my head, the curled side starts to fall and I have to go back and re-curl that side. By an hour, my hair is straight again. I've tried hot rollers, foam rollers etc nothing! My first time doing the sock bun method (no product), I got very weak waves that fell in a few hours. My second time doing the sock bun method (wave sea salt spray), I got dreadlocks. My third time doing the sock bun method (curl enhancing spray gel), I got frizzy weak hard to the touch waves The most recent time, I used this Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and I got some serious full blown curls that lasted two whole days! This mousse is the mother of all products to enhance curls. Anyone should use this. I can only imagine how beautiful this mousse would make naturally curly hair look. Okay, some details of this mousse. 1. It is so creamy! Just like Reddi Whip! It's dense and holds peaks but when you work it in your hair, it disappears and evenly covers from root to ends. 2. It gives such a soft touchable yet strong hold. It doesn't feel waxy or stiff at all. 3. It controls frizz and leaves hair shiny. 4. It doesn't have a gross smell. 5. It gives hair volume. 6. It does an amzing job holding a curl. 7. It is extremely affordable. There are no cons to this mousse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this. I have naturally wavy hair that can be made into curls with some scrunching and curl enhancer, and this works nicely to hold them and help define them more. I usually use this after using an anti-frizz serum and curl enhancing spray, then scrunch for a bit and let my hair air-dry or blow dry with a diffuser. It smells very clean and the mousse squirts out easily. It does make my hair a bit crunchy, but you can solve that with a bit of scrunching. Amazing for the price too. Great for curly girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Chinklesliee

I have really curly hair I have tried other mousses and all they do is leave my hair frizzy, dry it out bad,leave hair stiff or flake, but I started using suave captivating curls and omg I love it!..it works really well and it tames my hair it leaves it soft and my curls look amazing and it smells really good. I recommend it to all the curly heads

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by nserrano15

**WARNING: This product works BEST on naturally curly hair. Otherwise the results will not be nearly the same.**

My hair: Fine, semi-curly and thin.

How I Use It: Squeeze into soaking wet hair, comb through, shape curls with fingers and let air dry.

I have used this product for about three years now, and it doesn't fail to amaze me. I have used all kinds of mousse in all price ranges all my life to try and get a perfected natural curl look that is not frizzy or crunchy. This is the ONLY thing that works for me. My local stores ran out and so I had to resort to Tresseme Curling Mousse, but the results are not even close to what you get with this one! It adds volume, shine, and PERFECTS my curls like nothing else. The results are best when hair is air dried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a very creamy whipped cream texture and it provides great hold with minimal crunch which can be scrunched out with a bit of water. It does a wonderful job of enhancing curl and reducing frizz on my 3b medium textured curls, however I did not care for the scent. Luckily, It fades. Overall, I really like this mousse. I have been on a mousse kick, having bought Joico Joiwhip and GVP Paul Mitchell Body Boosting Mousse all in the same month. So far the Suave has a slight edge over all of them. Plus, it is only 3 dollars at Walmart. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sakura14

I cannot believe the holding power of this product. I have stick straight hair which is hard to curl and harder for curls to hold but when I used this, it lasted all day long! I definitely recommend this to people with hair like mine because, for one, the mousse can hold your curls, and two, the product is a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I think Redken d/c'ed the curly hair products in the blue-green containers (not that I was exactly jumping for joy over their prices!!), but I've been using this & the suave curly hair spray gel. Together they are a great combo! I wish suave would come out w a curly hair shampoo/condish!! This product is in my price range 1st off & fairly easily found which are 2 important qualities to me as a consumer. Now for the stuff inside. The mousse makes my curls soft & defined, cuts down frizz, makes me be able to not have to wash my hair every single day, & has a nice, pleasant scent. The packaging is standard not cute but I am more worried about it being utilitarian & useable than cute coz I am all about being concerned about what the products inside are like, if they are any good or effective. This mousse is the only mousse I would consider repurchasing because well, I am always trying new products & barely ever stay loyal to just one thing after 3-4x of buying it unless it's stellar. Suave has remarkable quality of products all across the board & very reasonable prices. All that being said, I am going to repurchase this mousse when I run out (also will repurchase suave curly hair spray gel but I digress!!), & I would rec trying this to all curly haired ppl, it's so cheap so if it doesn't work for you, it's not a huge investment, so what do you got to lose, if u buy it @ a return-friendly store then you really should go pick some up! I don't work for the company. But this is my FAVE mousse, however I've never used HE mousse so the only things I have to compare it to are DS products... (YMMV etc disclaimer.)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

hmm.. after reading the reviews here i really expected this to give my long wavy / course / medium thick hair lots of body and bouncy curls (glycerin gels do this, but with unwanted crunch).
i've tried using this a few different ways:

1. worked 2 golf ball size amounts into sopping wet hair, combed it through, scrunched a bit (not too long) with a microfiber towel, and let it air dry.

result: my hair didn't look flat, but felt "slick" (actually kind of nice). it cut down the frizz but did not give curls any hold or bounce like gel does. the under layer looked too greasy, and my ends were still fluffy and rough looking. wasn't happy with my next day hair- at that point the roots were flat and a little greasy looking.

2. used about half the amount on wet hair, distributed the product so there was more on the ends, less along root / underlayer, and scrunched it.

result: no body, no bouncy curls. and (possibly) because i used less product, a whole lot more frizz.

3. liberally saturated wet (squeezed out) hair, combed through, scrunched with a microfiber towel, then blow dried /scrunched on low.

result: flat hair with puffy fluffy ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by amandarp13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I've always had extremely curly (spiral), unruly hair. I've always had to wash everyday because after I sleep on it, it gets crazy and looks awful so I have to start over again. Even when I straighten, it curls up within an hour, so I stopped bothering long ago.

Fast forward to two years ago, my 28th year of life, and thus my 28th year dealing with this crazy hair that other people seem to love, but that I wish would take a chill pill. I'm visiting my family at the time and run out of my high end mousse, and decide to run to the drugstore to purchase whatever's cheapest for use over the next few days before I can get back to my more expensive stash at home.

I picked up Suave Captivating Curls because I've been impressed with Suave hair products in the past and because, let's be honest, it's dirt cheap ($2.50-3). And thus began a love affair the likes of which I'd never seen with a beauty product before that moment.

The mousse is very thick, but I usually do about three generously sized pumps on my long, spiral, partially frizzy, unruly hair. This locks in the moisture for me, and makes my curls bouncy, the right amount of voluminous, luxurious, and most importantly: FRIZZ FREE! After that, I just spritz a little Elnet hairspray on the top of my head to keep my side part in place, and those are the only two styling products I put in my hair.

My hair has NEVER looked this good in my life, and that's why I've continued to use this mousse for the past two years. I've searched high and low for an HG product that would control my hair but NOT make it crunchy. This may feel a little sticky at first, but once it's dry, you'll be left with the gorgeous locks you thought you'd never have.