September 22, 2014 | 1240 users online

Fragrances - Bond No.9 - Madison Square Park

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by NewNewYorker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite Bond perfume! I've been wearing Scent of Peace and Highline for the past two years so I decided to switch it up and expand my Bond collection. My favorite thing about Madison Square Park is that it wears really well- it lasts all day.

The packaging is really beautiful. I bought the large 3.3 oz bottle and it came with a green flower bracelet. I recommend layering this scent with the Madison Square Park body silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by annielull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this perfume, and fell in love with it the first time I used it. Then i looked into getting a full-sized bottle and was blown away by the price! $190 for 1.7oz. really!?

It has an extremely sweet note but not overpowering. It has a great staying power, which I like. You don't have to spray multiple times.

Some people mentioned that this is similar to MJ Daisy. I own MJ Daisy and would have to disagree. There are some similarities, but Bond is much deeper. MJ smells kind of cheap and disappears within a few hours even after multiple sprays.

All in all, i love this perfume, but I'm not sure if i can make the jump and pay 200 bucks for a bottle of perfume yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by fleeting_fancy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

first blast is juicy, sweet, true peach with grass and what i assume is hyacinth.

this is a less complex version of jo malone nectarine blossom and honey, but i prefer this to JM's complexity. this adds a sweetness and a bubbly happiness the JM lacks, and does not have the vetiver (or something) that adds depth to JM and keeps it slightly aggressive. the light teak in the base is beautiful.

this is not unique. others have said that, and it's true. BUT it's one of the juiciest and most uplifting scents i have come across.

i would not pay 260 for this unless i had gobs of money. even then, i'd wince when i did, because this really has been done before. but never this well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Madison Square Pk is a light Spring-Summer fruity-floral -- very inoffensive. Young at heart, smells "pink" -- a young teen or 20's scent, for the most part. Good for the office, shopping, and general casual wear. Rather meh to me, yet very on-trend.

It smells similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Daisy Eau So Fresh, MJ Dot, or Chance Eau Tendre -- in that general family. A very mild, subtle, inoffensive, youthful fruity-floral.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Tinga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the scent- fresh peaches. Very fruity. However not particularly long lasting- need refresher sprays throughout the day! Fun (however somewhat tacky) hot pink bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands-down my favorite Bond No. 9 scent. It's a very fresh, grassy fruity floral. Bond didn't exactly reinvent the wheel with this one (it has mega mainstream appeal) but it's extremely well-done for what it is. It opens with a fresh grass note mingled with fuzzy, ripe peach skin. You know how when you're choosing peaches at the market you smell them to find the best, ripest ones? That's exactly the peach note here, as opposed to the sticky, sweet, juicy sensation of the actual flesh. It's even a little earthy, like the peach is still a tad dirty. Peach is not listed anywhere in the notes, but when I spray Madison Square Park, I find it in spades.

After the inital fresh, sparkly burst, the floral notes come out to play, but the fresh grass and fruit notes remain. The scent doesn't develop much from initial spray to drydown.

I can tell that Madison Square Park was formulated by the same nose that created High Line. Madison Square Park is High Line minus the aquatic notes, with fruit added in.

Many say that this scent reminds them of Marc Jacobs Daisy or Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey, but they both smell sharper and thinner somehow that Madison Square Park. Anyone who enjoys fruity florals should definitely give this a try.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I'll pass the tacky bottle and come straight to the fragrance.
It's pretty, sparkling and yet elegant.
The key to rescueing an overly fruity fragrance from a "junior high school cheerleader" verdict is the fresh grass note, which lends a dose of class to the whole fruit-flower salad.
Also notice that the blueberry note resonates of the world famous Bond Scent of Peace: I imagine Maurice Ramé concocting her scents in an off-white NY kitchen and realizing there's a whole plate of fresh blueberry leftover from Scent of Peace, she tosses them in her rose-tulip salad for a refreshing dessert (and while she's there, she'll even save some for her lovely I love NY for Her candies: OK, mrs. Ramé never goes wrong with bluekberries...).

I love wearing this in spring, although the close resemblance with Marc Jacobs' Daisy (which leads me to consider how both Jacobs and Ramé considered adding a plastic flower to their bottles just to raise the price tag and still convince consumers they're not tacky reminiscences from the Eighties...) makes me somewhat ask myself if I'm not gone a bit too media-manipulated to shell thousands of dollars on a bottle of this when I could have smelled the same way for a lot less (but I wouldn't have my wonderful classy pea-green bracelet at my arm).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells just like the bottle looks. Bright. Uplifting. Fun.

I bought this purse spray and already wish I would've gotten the full bottle. It's one of those scents that you could use up quickly because not only does it smell good on it's own but also mixes well with other floral. green and citrus scents.

I'm not a big fan of Bond's opaque bottles with all the over the top, somewhat cheesy designs but this one will appeal to high school age women to women into their 30's. Could do without the bracelet too. Especially if that would knock the price down a few dollars.

Overall, lovely and versatile fragrance that I can see repurchasing and having in my fragrance wardrobe for years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This scent is perfectly lovely (and I think it is one of the prettiest perfume bottles ever). It does remind me of an Escada scent, but I smelled all of my Escadas, and this is slightly different. It's like it is a hybrid between a fruity Escada scent and Scent of Peace. If I find a cheaper dupe, I will come back and update this review, but until then, this just may be my favorite fragrance (even better than Scent of Peace!).

EDITED on 6.14.12: Wait! This seems to smell exactly like Marc Jacobs Daisy (which I love), although the Daisy smells cheaper. The verdict is still out on this . . . if I determine it dries down just like Daisy, I will deduct lippies and just recommend you purchase Daisy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Juliesaprincess

Pretty scent, fruity/ floral-y, very nice for the summer. However I found it comparable to more affordable Joe Malone nectarine blossom & honey so I'd rather spend the money on a different bond no. 9 scent.