April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by josesusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply the best foundation on my dry aging skin. I use buff which matches my skin pretty well. Covers all my imperfections esp. redness. I do use a primer first then apply with a foundation brush. It does last all day remember you just need a small amount it covers very well. My skin has been much smoother since using this. I have to say I use the whole line of ceramide from Elizabeth Arden. The premiere which is for extremely dry skin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lilylaugh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after hearing and watching great reviews. I bought it in Vanilla Shell and it took on a gray cast immediately after application. Then, a few minutes later, it oxidized to a nice even color that matched my neck. BUT then it kept on oxidizing and turned a deeper color so that my face looked slightly orange. I applied it over their primer. And several other primers and also on plain, clean skin, but still the color changed. My face tends to be dry and I have large pores on my cheek and chin. Also very fine lines (beginning) around my eyes. This product really settled into them. I couldn't get a full day's worth of wear without it settling into my pores and coming off on everything. Also, it accentuated my dry spots and fine lines. It evened out my redness but I looked 10 years older. Depressing. I really wanted to like this, but last night, after I came home from a party, I threw it in the garbage. Wore it for several months, but it just didn't work out.
I didn't like dipping my finger and/or by brush into the pot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is a really nice, creamy foundation. Feels whipped or almost mousse-like. Beautiful on aging skin - it floats over fine lines and makes them less apparent (unlike many foundations which settle into lines and look worse). Medium coverage. Has a healthy, natural finish .... Not really matte or luminous ..... Sort of natural and velvety ..... Very soft. Very pretty.

I wear the lightest color which is "Ecru" - it's a teeny bit too light for me. But I use a loose powder in "light" instead of "translucent" over it, and it adds just a hint of color and brings it to a good match for me. I would say Ecru is NC/NW 10-15. It is similar to Revlon Color Stay in "Ivory", CoverGirl "Ivory" and Bare Minerals "Fair". It is your classic "Porcelain Ivory" color.

But the second lightest color, "Vanilla Shell", was a little too dark for me. I would say Vanilla Shell is more for NC/NW 20-25. Vanilla Shell is similar to Revlon Color Stay in the colors "Sand Beige"/"Nude", CoverGirl in colors "Creamy Natural"/"Buff Beige" and Bare Minerals "Light". It is your classic "Light" color.

My perfect color would fall in between Ecru and Vanilla Shell. I wear Revlon "Buff", Covergirl "classic Ivory" and Bare minerals "Fairly-light". But using the slightly darker loose powder actually works pretty well. I suppose I could try mixing the two colors for my perfect match also, if I wanted. Maybe I'll try that.

But I really, really like this foundation. The finish is just beautiful, and it wears well on my combo skin. It's creamy enough to use under my eyes instead of concealer too, which is nice. It won't cover really dark under eye circles, but if you just have some mild discoloration like me, this works nicely. Will purchase again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by SassaFrass88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now that I'm climbing the hill to 40, my skin started to dry out (from normal aging AND a bad skin-care regimen). I've since perked up my skin with a Retinol-A cream, a glycerin-water formulation that tops off my nighttime lotion routine and this foundation perfectly compliments and further lifts my skin to a new, glowing, almost dewy look!

It's like a full-coverage BB/ CC Cream, if I were to compare it to other foundation-like formulas. It's like a more dewy formula of a foundation mousse, but with MUCH more coverage, but looks like your skin is still coming through. Honestly, it looks like I don't have foundation on and have flawless skin! Good-bye drying mineral powder foundation, Hello Ceramide Lift and Firm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This foundation is a real find. It's is the most expensive foundation I've ever purchased, and it was a total impulse buy, as I don't have dry or sagging skin, and I'm not a fan of EA. I'm combo/oily, but have just come to really hate foundations that are supposedly for my skin type. I'm sick of Colorstay and mineral foundations. I don't like the finish or the feel, and they make me look washed out and old. I've found it to be a fallacy that moisturizing foundations don't last very long, or that whether a product is "matte" determines how right it is for my skin. I wanted to keep an open mind, so I perused the various counters at Macy's and really liked the texture and coverage of this foundation. It's extremely creamy and thicker in consistency than liquids, but it's not thick enough to be a cream foundation. It comes in a jar, which I know will turn a lot of people off, but I don't stick my fingers in it. I use a foundation brush to get the product from the jar and distribute it all over my face, then use a Beauty Blender to finish. It applies very smoothly and evenly, and doesn't absorb so quickly that I don't get a chance to blend it. The result is unbelievably natural-looking, even though this is most certainly a full coverage foundation, and I only need a tiny bit for my entire face. I have redness on my cheeks, broken capillaries, some freckling, and this covers all of it without looking like I'm wearing "makeup". The finish is not "satin" or "matte" or "dewy," it just looks like fresh, even, youthful skin. Most surprisingly is that even on my oily t-zone it lasts all day and DOES NOT OXIDIZE. All this from a foundation that no one would have recommended for my skin type. Sometimes you have to shut out the Voices of the Makeup Gods and go with what YOU think is best for you.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aewhalen

Let me begin by saying I have very sensitive, dry, rosacea skin that breaks out easily. Lovely. After trying (and loving!) the EA ceramide capsules, I decided to try this foundation to help cover some of my pinkness. My skin is in a happy, breakout free phase right now--so only I needed redness coverage. The foundation looked GREAT on! It was a lovely dewy finish that provided excellent coverage without looking cakey, dry or settling into pores and lines. I really really wanted this foundation to work since it looked so lovely! I tried a sample for a week, and unfortunately, every time I wore it, I broke out by the end of the day :( My skin just doesn't like something about this foundation. But my skin is difficult. If you have less sensitive skin--give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally reviewed this under "Plump Pefect Makeup", because the EA display was labled "Plump Perfect", however, I noticed this morning that my container says "Ultra Lift and Firm". Anyway, I think this foundation is incredible for dry skin. I adore the cream consistency and need only the tiniest bit to achieve terrific coverage for my redness, broken capillaries and blue veins. Vanilla Shell is a dead-on match for my skin tone, and my face just glows. I'm thrilled with this purchase. Although I have tried several foundations this year and written good reviews for most of them, I am declaring this my HG. I need to contact EA. Someone there needs to amp up marketing toward women in my age range because whenever a friend asks what I'm using they are stunned when I say EA. It may not be a hip and trendy line, but they make gorgeous and reliable products.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by cloudpink999

I recently started using this after my mother found it to moist ( she's an oily skin) I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and react to just about any foundation on the market. I wasnt expecting much from this foundation but its turned out to be a life saver. It's been only a week and my skin is now hydrated and almost completly clear from a blemish. It's worked wonders! The texture is a creamy medium coverage that feels moisturising but isn't to shiny. You don't need much product to get a flawless cover. The only thing I dislike is that its in a tub. It can get a little messy so I just use a cotton bud to get a little product out. Lovvveee thiis!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jacks250

I was in love with the ORIGINAL Plump perfect makeup, which was replaced by this ultra lift. At some point, Elizabeth Arden changed the formula of the plump perfect without changing the name - then, all of a sudden, they changed the name to ultra lift. What bothers me is that they DENIED this, and insisted it was the same foundtion. Trust me - the ultra lift is extremely drying and makes my skin look about 10 years older. It is terrible - plus it causes breakouts for me, whereas the old plump perfect would never cause breakouts WHY do they have to change perfectly good foundations.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally like a foundation. It is a step above a tinted moisturizer in coverage, which I need for my pregnancy melasma now. Comes in a jar like a beauty cream, but is lighter than a cream going on the skin. It has UVA/UVB ingredients, not just UVB like most. Although, I wouldn't solely rely on this sunscreen. The package states a luminous finish. Perhaps my skin is drier during pregnancy, but this has a natural finish (to me) with very little to no sheen (thank goodness) depending on your moisturizer and skin type. It doesn't absorb completely in the skin like an alcohol based product, but it doesn't lay on the skin either. It sits well under loose talc powder if you prefer a natural matte finish like me. Doesn't accentuate lines or pores and thankfully doesn't have that fake luminous glow that makes older women like myself try to look shiny and young. I don't know any young people with naturally shiny faces. I wear # 2, vanilla shell, which is quite neutral on the skin, not too pink or yellow. So far it lasts throughout the day without rising or separating with oils or oxidizing, but I wear it under powder and it isn't exactly warm here right now. I'll see if it passes the summer test and repost. This may be the only foundation, not tinted moisturizer, that I've ever given a 5 in my many years on makeupalley.