December 18, 2014 | 973 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Gypsy Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Possibly one of my favorite blushes of all time. It's beautiful. A soft, gentle pink, with lavender undertones, but with golden shimmer on top. This is the perfect, loveliest blush for skin that's fair but also yellow-toned. It blends perfectly with my skin tone but also doesn't oxidize with my warm undertone, and remains a blue-pink, despite the soft gold shimmer playing nicely with the golden undertones that my skin likes to pull. I realize this is weirdly specific to a certain skin tone (NC10, very pale but olive-ish and not pink) but this is a rare complexion and hard to complement, so hopefully anyone else with this type of coloring looking for a blush will see this and look into it! Although I think it would look pretty on anyone, although someone with a deeper color might find that it won't show up. The pigment is rich and shimmery but is very light and so anyone above an NC30 or so might find that they really have to layer it to see anything. If you're medium-toned or darker-complected, this may be too light, so swatch first!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this one soo bad...soo soo bad. Sadly, it did not work on me because although it swatched beautifully as a pink blush with golden highlights, on my cheeks all I saw was the gold. My skin was just too dark to make the pink show. But it did look beautiful with a heavy swatch on my hand. Just wish I could have had that look on my cheeks too, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think its a geourges highligther if you are looking for a touch of pink color. And the only reason that I woun't buy it again is because I want a "white" highlitgter next time. But it's a really good highlighter though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

prettiest highlighter colour ever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am big fan of Becca pressed shimmer powder and loose shimmer powder.so far my fav is the nymph.

I had to try the Gypsy since I am really in love the Nymph.so I just wanted to see what's like ?
I am cool toned with pale skin & Asian. I was looking for something pale pink shimmer powder which don't have any glitter or something not too much shimmer to apply on a blush.
I did try Dior's rose amber. it's beautiful and cool tone shimmer pink.
however, somehow I feel not right with the color to my skin.
it's bit too light like I can tell it's there.
so I decided to Becca's gipsy. now I am in love the Gypsy !!
it's not too much and more calm dawn than the Dior Rose Amber.
( since I am in the 40', I don't want to be wanna be young look)
my ceek more pop up when I apply it on the blush.
also I apply much more in the night time.<- all depends on the light condition. if you go to darker place, it's might be not much shown.
in the case Nymph or KO's candlelight is beautiful.

I would not much recommend to people if have strong yellow tone.
it's can be make skin dull ( if your skin tone is very yellow tone)

I would recommend to any body who have cool tone for apply it on the your own pink tone blush. it's makes your skin beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what a highlighter should be - a very fine pressed powder with subtle shimmer that will make your skin look glowy and smooth. The colour is a pinky mauvy slightly magentarish. I don't mind the packaging at all, it is a little heavy but I don't think it looks bad. I also bought Nymph, which I also love, going to buy angel as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Valentyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rop for pics. I'd like to say 1st off that for those of you having trouble locating this product (I did too - had to call several stores) it is, actually and truly, worth it. I live in a metro area (Washington DC, US) and have several retailers at my dispense that carry Becca. None had Gypsy PSP. No one had the LSP either, and swaps were ridiculous, YKWIM? I finally located one through the Becca web site list of retailers, and can say that this is a very unique and wearable plum blush. It's more purple IRL than it looked in all of the pictures I saw and my stomach kinda flip flopped when I first opened it, but I'm quite pale (NW 15-20) and can actually pull it off so I think if I can almost anyone could. As for the glitter question, well, it is a shimmer powder so it's got, ya know, shimmer. But it's natural looking shimmer, so don't be too scared but don't expect a matte blush either. It has a light scent, similar to Becca soft touch blushes, which fades quickly. Final word of advice: if you're on the fence and get the chance to buy, do it! This is one item that will swap in, like, 2 seconds.

Sylph on the left, Gypsy on the right

Clockwise from top left: Desire, Gypsy, Sylph, Sweetness, Ballet

continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

There is really nothing I can add to what glossedup review stated except-buy it! I was so sick and tired of hearing all the hype on the board about this magical product that when I found it on eBay for way less than retail I pounced on it.

Well, it arrived and all I can say is now I see what all the fuss is about. It is insanely pretty on-makes you look like you are kind of flushed and glowy from within.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by glossedup

*******CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PICTURES AND SWATCH*****

Public Service Announcement : Gypsy is kind of the best thing, ever. In my opinion Becca's Pressed Shimmer Powders are the stars of the entire line, and all impart a fantastic, diffused glowiness that is never OTT or obvious. In my experience, they have photographed fantastically on me - even with flash, they look like glow and not oil patches!

So the formula's fantastic. The colour is also hard to beat - what looks like an odd, cool-toned bright magenta goes on a sweet pink. Colour is buildable, as shown in swatches below - anything from a pinky-gold tint to a full-on in-your-face flush. I think it's kind of magic because on the boards, both warm and cool-toned girls go absolutely nuts for it. Seriously. Watch us :D It looks totally natural on me if I apply lightly - it *actually* looks like I'm glowing-blushing in selectively flattering areas (instead of my usual giant red flush-face.)

Price-wise it is not fantastic. You do get what you pay for, though. 10g of product, 0.33oz, and I use so little (stippling brush, one touch per cheek every use) that it works out so well. It's paraben free, too, and Becca is a cruelty-free company if I recall correctly. At $34USD/$56AUD retail, it's pricey, but in my opinion definitely worth it. You can get it 10% off online at particular sites all the time, so that makes it a bit better.

Just - get it, okay? It's that good. I can't believe I'm only reviewing it NOW. Definite rebuy.

The packaging is terrible, though - hard to stack, and the mirror part doesn't 'stand' on it's own. The rubberiness catches dust and shimmer, and is pretty hard to clean. I put up with this, because it's crazy amazing.

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)

Gypsy, Nefertiti, Angel

Gypsy lightly, Gypsy a bit heavier, Nefertiti continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a pink highlighter that would show up on my GGG/DDD skin, and Gypsy sounded like it would be just what I was looking for. The pink is very subtle on my medium-dark coloring, but the sheen gives me a bright, beautiful glow, without being frosty or glittery. This is gorgeous over other blushes. I ordered this about a week before purchasing MAC Light Flush MSF, but had I seen Light Flush before Gypsy, I probably wouldn't have purchased this particular color because I prefer Light Flush more. Still, I like Gypsy enought to keep it. It gives me a cool-toned glow whereas Light Flush is more of warm bronzey glow.