September 2, 2014 | 1711 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Gypsy Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think its a geourges highligther if you are looking for a touch of pink color. And the only reason that I woun't buy it again is because I want a "white" highlitgter next time. But it's a really good highlighter though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

prettiest highlighter colour ever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am big fan of Becca pressed shimmer powder and loose shimmer powder.so far my fav is the nymph.

I had to try the Gypsy since I am really in love the Nymph.so I just wanted to see what's like ?
I am cool toned with pale skin & Asian. I was looking for something pale pink shimmer powder which don't have any glitter or something not too much shimmer to apply on a blush.
I did try Dior's rose amber. it's beautiful and cool tone shimmer pink.
however, somehow I feel not right with the color to my skin.
it's bit too light like I can tell it's there.
so I decided to Becca's gipsy. now I am in love the Gypsy !!
it's not too much and more calm dawn than the Dior Rose Amber.
( since I am in the 40', I don't want to be wanna be young look)
my ceek more pop up when I apply it on the blush.
also I apply much more in the night time.<- all depends on the light condition. if you go to darker place, it's might be not much shown.
in the case Nymph or KO's candlelight is beautiful.

I would not much recommend to people if have strong yellow tone.
it's can be make skin dull ( if your skin tone is very yellow tone)

I would recommend to any body who have cool tone for apply it on the your own pink tone blush. it's makes your skin beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is what a highlighter should be - a very fine pressed powder with subtle shimmer that will make your skin look glowy and smooth. The colour is a pinky mauvy slightly magentarish. I don't mind the packaging at all, it is a little heavy but I don't think it looks bad. I also bought Nymph, which I also love, going to buy angel as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Valentyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Rop for pics. I'd like to say 1st off that for those of you having trouble locating this product (I did too - had to call several stores) it is, actually and truly, worth it. I live in a metro area (Washington DC, US) and have several retailers at my dispense that carry Becca. None had Gypsy PSP. No one had the LSP either, and swaps were ridiculous, YKWIM? I finally located one through the Becca web site list of retailers, and can say that this is a very unique and wearable plum blush. It's more purple IRL than it looked in all of the pictures I saw and my stomach kinda flip flopped when I first opened it, but I'm quite pale (NW 15-20) and can actually pull it off so I think if I can almost anyone could. As for the glitter question, well, it is a shimmer powder so it's got, ya know, shimmer. But it's natural looking shimmer, so don't be too scared but don't expect a matte blush either. It has a light scent, similar to Becca soft touch blushes, which fades quickly. Final word of advice: if you're on the fence and get the chance to buy, do it! This is one item that will swap in, like, 2 seconds.

Sylph on the left, Gypsy on the right

Clockwise from top left: Desire, Gypsy, Sylph, Sweetness, Ballet

continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

There is really nothing I can add to what glossedup review stated except-buy it! I was so sick and tired of hearing all the hype on the board about this magical product that when I found it on eBay for way less than retail I pounced on it.

Well, it arrived and all I can say is now I see what all the fuss is about. It is insanely pretty on-makes you look like you are kind of flushed and glowy from within.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by glossedup

*******CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PICTURES AND SWATCH*****

Public Service Announcement : Gypsy is kind of the best thing, ever. In my opinion Becca's Pressed Shimmer Powders are the stars of the entire line, and all impart a fantastic, diffused glowiness that is never OTT or obvious. In my experience, they have photographed fantastically on me - even with flash, they look like glow and not oil patches!

So the formula's fantastic. The colour is also hard to beat - what looks like an odd, cool-toned bright magenta goes on a sweet pink. Colour is buildable, as shown in swatches below - anything from a pinky-gold tint to a full-on in-your-face flush. I think it's kind of magic because on the boards, both warm and cool-toned girls go absolutely nuts for it. Seriously. Watch us :D It looks totally natural on me if I apply lightly - it *actually* looks like I'm glowing-blushing in selectively flattering areas (instead of my usual giant red flush-face.)

Price-wise it is not fantastic. You do get what you pay for, though. 10g of product, 0.33oz, and I use so little (stippling brush, one touch per cheek every use) that it works out so well. It's paraben free, too, and Becca is a cruelty-free company if I recall correctly. At $34USD/$56AUD retail, it's pricey, but in my opinion definitely worth it. You can get it 10% off online at particular sites all the time, so that makes it a bit better.

Just - get it, okay? It's that good. I can't believe I'm only reviewing it NOW. Definite rebuy.

The packaging is terrible, though - hard to stack, and the mirror part doesn't 'stand' on it's own. The rubberiness catches dust and shimmer, and is pretty hard to clean. I put up with this, because it's crazy amazing.

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)

Gypsy, Nefertiti, Angel

Gypsy lightly, Gypsy a bit heavier, Nefertiti continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a pink highlighter that would show up on my GGG/DDD skin, and Gypsy sounded like it would be just what I was looking for. The pink is very subtle on my medium-dark coloring, but the sheen gives me a bright, beautiful glow, without being frosty or glittery. This is gorgeous over other blushes. I ordered this about a week before purchasing MAC Light Flush MSF, but had I seen Light Flush before Gypsy, I probably wouldn't have purchased this particular color because I prefer Light Flush more. Still, I like Gypsy enought to keep it. It gives me a cool-toned glow whereas Light Flush is more of warm bronzey glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gypsy works best as a blush or blush topper for me because I'm so fair. I completely adore this shade - it's basically the equivilent of Wild Orchid creme blush only with ultra fine gold shimmer. I can wear it alone, but for some radiance, I use it along with Wild Orchid. I'll catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror sometimes during the day and be surprised at how glowy my complexion appears. This is a must-have for fair cool toned girls!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this blush/highlighter! I been looking for a subtle plum blush that wouldn't make me look bruised. I bought this during the BECCA sale at Sephora for 75% off and will reorder if needed at full price in a heartbeat! Its a plum blush with a subtle hint of gold sheen that makes you GLOW! better than the overrated NARS Orgasm blush. Packaging is quite heavy but its truly unique.