Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder - Light Bronzer

4.1

on 2/28/2015 1:42:00 AM

First let me say that I bought this for a whopping $2.98, or there about, at Rite Aid while in Louisiana for a meeting. It reminded me of the Too Faced Heart Bronzing Beads that I believe have been discontinued as I can no longer find them. I am so glad that I picked these up and wished that there had been 2 on the peg. This bronzer gives such a nice healthy glow, the pigment is not dark or orange but a nice golden hue that just makes me look happy, youthful and yes, healthy. I swirl my Ita Kabuki across the beads and lightly dust along the hollows of my cheeks, jawline and hairline to frame my face. I then apply the Happy Booster in Warm on the apple of my cheeks with my Yachiyo Kabuki and the effect is amazing. FYI, the Happy Booster in Warm was also on sale at Rite Aid for $3.28! I think I need to travel to Louisiana more often so I can hit Rite Aids clearance shelves and sale racks! I also want to mention that while I love my NARS brushes, I think a nice quality fan brush and blush brush that are not too densely packed will do just as nicely.

I remember one of my first Physicians Formula purchases being the multi-colored blushing and bronzing beads some 20+ years ago. These were very similar to Guerlain's Meteorites and they have been discontinued for years, they provided warmth, color and a subtle highlight all in one. I do wish that PF would come back with those as I must have gone through 4-5 compacts of those little beads. I think these little heart beads have been discontinued and that's why I found them so cheap. That's too bad as I have seen from multiple reviews that the round beads that look similar in color are poorly rated as not having much, if any, pigment. Why do they keep discontinuing such nice products?

If you stumble across these little heart shaped ones, BUY them. Do not hesitate or think twice, just grab up all that's left in stock and go straight to the checkout!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do really like the colour of this bronzer. It is not too warm toned, so it looks natural when I wear it. It is not highly pigmented - I wish it were a little more pigmented actually as I have to pile on this bronzer to even notice it on my fair skin.

However, I think part of the pigmentation problem is that a film has developed on the top layer of one of the large hearts. It is almost like a crust, and it prevents my brush from picking up any of the product. This hasn't happened to me before with any powders, and I have had this bronzer for less than a month. I have had to actually scratch the top layer off of the heart, and I am hoping that this solves my problem, but what a waste!

I bought this bronzer on sale, as I read all the great reviews. I am not sure I would purchase it at full price. I would rather pay a little bit more and get a bronzer that I know is pigmented and doesn't have weird issues with the top layer.

on 1/30/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is fun! There is something about the smell of this that reminds me of my childhood though I can't put my finger on it. Put together the scent and the cute little hearts and voila, a happy smile whenever I use it. The color payoff is not much on my nc42 skin and the sparkle is a bit too much sometimes but I like to use it to give my face a bit of a shimmer if my foundation seems too matte or my skin is looking dull that day. The packaging is cute but way too bulky, not something I'd like to keep in my purse.

I plan on using more on those summer days at the amusement park!

on 7/25/2014 12:22:00 PM

This didn't work for me. The bronzer only shows up on my brush as a shimmer and barely comes onto my skin. There is no pigmentation in this and the hearts fall out every time I open it. I am disappointed with this especially for the price. The idea is cute though!

on 6/20/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bronzer.It gives nice golden glow and its very pigmented and easy to wotk with.I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/18/2014 2:44:00 PM

This is a great bronzer to start putting colour back on my face now that Winter is almost over here in NY. I love the little hearts they are very cute. The packaging is big but I like it and the brush that comes with it is not bad at all I swear. The puff I don't use except to keep the hearts from getting all over. I used the brush last night and it gave me the perfect amount of colour. Usually after foundation I will add my bronzer if I'm warming up my whole face. I don't contour really with this because of the shimmer. I love the shimmer in this bronzer though it's very subtle and looks very good on the skin. It doesn't look glittery or sparkly at all. You just look healthy like you have a glow or life to the skin.

I used the brush with no problem and I also use a stipple brush with it with no problems as well. The product goes onto a brush very easily and it's super easy to apply. It makes me look like I got a little sun for me this is a great transition to summer bronzer. For me I will use this I won't go darker because I'm an NW15-20 but if you tan this is good to start with before you move onto a darker colour. I really like PF cosmetics they are very good quality which, makes me think that's why they aren't as cheap as other DS products. You get a great amount of product and it works great. Great bronzer for people who just want that touch of colour without looking super bronzed. This would work very well for fair skinned lady's without a doubt.
Luv this! Definitely Recommended!

on 12/10/2013 11:42:00 AM

First off, I gave this lower than the previous reviewers before but I would buy this product again on clearance. I would not pay full price. I originally got this from CVS for 75% off. I already like and have almost finished the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Bronzer. That one is a compact with the powder pressed in. This one is quite different, the most obvious being the packaging which is a bit clumsy. As soon as you twist off the top you are in danger of loosing some of these cute hearts. Also every time you swirl your brush in you are also in danger of the same. With that said, on sale if you like PF bronzers its a cute addition to your collection. I opened it 4 days ago and have already used it every day.

I took off 1 lippie for the clumsy packaging and 1 for the format, I would like this product in a pressed format.

on 11/3/2013 5:54:00 PM

I really wanted to try this out since it looked like a much cheaper alternative to the higher end brands I have seen at Sephora. It comes in a round container with a screw top lid. Under the lid, there's a mirror. The product itself are loose heart shaped pebbles (SUPER cute!!). There are 2 colors: satin finish brown color and a frosted gold color. Also includes a powder puff as well as a brush. I didn't use the brush and just tossed it out. I kept the powder puff in there to act as a cushion so the hearts don't break if i were to tote it around or bring it travelling. Despite some of the hearts being frosted, i didn't find it looked too OTT when applied (even with a heavy hand). This is a LIGHT bronzer as the name implies, so don't expect it to have a lot of color saturation. Some may say this is too sheer, but for me, i like it. I have other bronzers that are very pigmented and needed one that was a bit more sheer. This fit the bill perfectly. Unfortunately, the one thing i don't like about this product is the price! It's $18 (at walmart canada). However, what got me to try this out even tho it was pretty expensive was that it came with the matching happy booster blush from the same line as a bonus. I would buy again if it came with another bonus but not by itself at regular price.

Oh, it does have a rather strong scent. Kinda smells like roses? just as an FYI. I didn't mind it so much and didn't seem to notice the scent once applied but some might find it a bit overpowering.

on 9/19/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It took me awhile to get the hang of this stuff. I bought a separate fluffy brush, based on other reviewers saying the included brush wasn't great. Because of this, at first I thought the bronzed was useless, as I couldn't pick up much color on the brush.

Once I used the included brush, I got much better results. It's great for very pale people like myself, as it's quite subtle, but you can build it up to an appropriate level without going overboard.

It gives me a nice healthy glow - no danger of looking orange, which is wonderful. I used to use Benefit Dandelion, but found it too pink, and Hoola was too dark. Happy Booster is just right.

The hearts are quite cute, but I wish the lid was opaque, because eventually those hearts are going to look trashed. This is true of most drugstore brands - why the clear lids? Oh well.

I'll definitely try this again once I use up my current compact. If you're pale and scared of bronzed, definitely give this a try.

on 8/17/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this stuff! It makes my skin glow w/ the right amount of color. And the packaging did me in... how cute is it?!

Popular Bronzers