April 16, 2014 | 2034 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quad - Designer Chocolates

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

So disappointed :( I heard great things about this product but I found there's so little pigmentation, it just blended into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I took this from my mom hehe :B Btw I do not have an eyelid primer, so the colors are not as vibrant.

Pros
-Perfect for everyday look
-Good pigmentation
-I love the purple one :)

Cons:
....with no primer, it doesnt last long (duh)

I love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This quad is ok, I don't find anything special about it. The base white color I find quite chalky. However, the purple crease color is very gorgeous, the best one out of all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by teaforvictoria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the first Eyeshadow Quads that I have purchased & I used it for big performances that were on stage and outdoors. I've gotten many compliments on how natural this quad looks and I absolutely love it. Definitely one of my go to eyeshadow quads when I have no time to pick & choose colors from my big palettes. I also prefer to use my own eyeshadow brushes to really pack on the color since there is occasional fall out and it does tend to give your face a lot shimmer since 3/4 of the eyeshadows are shimmer.The only matte color is the dark brown that is used for the liner, which really isn't that dark at all.

I love the cranberry metallic color used for the crease.What I also like about the quad is the fact that each color is labeled for lid, base, crease and liner. You don't have to follow it and you can definitely use the dark brown liner to make a smoky look as well (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow- i really become almost obsessed w/ collecting eyeshadows- they are def a must have in my makeup collection & being a drugstore makeup buyer, these quads are def great! & I think everyone can enjoy this one!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Maybelline ExpertWear Shadow quads can be readily found in most drugstores like RiteAid, Walgreens, CVS as well as mass stores like Walmart, Target, & Kmart. They have released a lot of these quads so one store may not have them all so it will vary. The price will also vary slightly depending on your location as well as sales/discounts. I always find me a bargain though. These are pretty fairly priced esp for the quality. These typically sell for $5-7 depending. I typically pay around $5 and think thats cheap!
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
"Designer Chocolates" is a nice basic but beautiful neutral quad with four gorgeous coordinating shadows that can be worn for day and nite looks. They do have suggestions but you can make your own looks. I think all four shadows are pressed well, smooth and easy to apply & blend. Pigmented and look amazing! I think these will go on pigmented enough to show up alone & wear for hours with little fading but if you use a primer, it will help significantly (as with most d/s shadows) I find with a primer, these go on a tad more pigmented and wear for hours with almost no fading or creasing. If you have more oily lids, a primer or powdering your lids will help keep them from creasing. I think my shadows look great even after a long day at work. With each quad though, you will have a shadow that may need a little more work but nothing too major that i cant handle. But whats also great about the Maybelline quads is that they include four coordinationg shadows and four different finishes so you can add texture or dimension. Everyone can wear them since you get some matte, satin & metallic or shimmer. It wont be too much glitter- its great that we finally get some good mattes and not always shimmer bc the older i get, the less i want sparkles all over, you know. So ill describe the shadows in my opinion-
BROW- a nice soft matte vanilla shadow. since its matte its great along the brow bone for a natural highlight & can also be used all over for a wash for a soft natural look.
LID- a soft satin champagne gray. this is one of my favorite colors to put all over the lid to open up the eye area. its great alone paired with liner. very pretty
CREASE- a gorgeous metallic cranberry wine color. This can add dimension to the look. can be built up or if you use a fluffy brush & run this along a brown, it can add warmth to your look, such a beautiful color from the d/s
OUTER CORNER (OR LINER IN NEW QUAD)- a nice matte dark chocolate brown. this makes a great outer v or crease color as well. This can also be used to smoke out the look or wet for a liner. Its not as dark as it looks in the pan but can def be built up or blended for a more sheer natural brown.
All four of these shadows make a great day time natural and beautiful look but can be smoked out & jazzed up with that cranberry. These colors are all beautiful alone or together. This quad is neutrals but w/ a pop of color. I love this quad esp for fall & winter but i def reach for it year round!
~~PACKAGING~~
The Maybelline ExpertWear Quads come in the standard hard plastic compact. Backing is a black with a sticker covering with all the labeling, info, and whats great is they include a picture tutorial of the eye & where & how to place the labeled shadows for different suggested looks. Its great for beginners to show them basics but also for those who want to throw looks together themselves. The shadows all have suggested placements such as lid, brow, crease, liner so its nice to see what can go where. It taught me how to place different shadows together. The lid is see thru (which is great if you have more than one of these) with maybelline logo & quad name located on a connecting sticker to the back. I dont think its the prettiest looking compact but it keeps my shadows safe & in place and def has withstood thru traveling & handling. I have had a lid snap off but that was me trying to open it the wrong way (duh, im blonde, i know) Its slim & great for traveling since can make a few looks with each quad! this is def great for that!
Overall, id def suggests this quad as well as others from Maybelline for those beginning to collect and do their makeup since you can get a few looks with each quad. This quad is def great for day time & nite time and can be worn season after season! Its basics but with a punch and i def love it! id repurchase if Maybelline would QUIT TESTING ON POOR INNOCENT CREATURES! it drives me crazy that companies are still doing this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This is a good product for a neutral eye look. Unfortunately you have to work with it a little. I found I had to use an eye primer or there was no color payoff. Second the base has a lot of fall out, I skip that and use for inner corner highlight. I also use the liner color to deepen the crease. I think a great product for young girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by zudowdrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

nothing wrong to say, i use it everyday :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by elainechau329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didnt see the chai latte quad review here rather yet, I dont see much of the quad shadow reviews either lol. So I got this eyeshadow quad and I really like. Its kinda like the smokey shadows. I think they are discontinued this though, I dont see it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by metdiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see that there are very few reviews on these Expert Wear Quads. This was not the quad I was looking for, but thought I would give it a try. Again I am not a person who shops in the drug store, but after a review I heard from a friend on YouTube I wanted to try this line. Designer Chocolates is a beautiful Quad. It has shimmer and mattes. The lid color is a neutral taupe, the crease is a beautiful shimmer rose color, outer corner is chocolate brow and the brow bone is a nice cream. They seem to be a paint by number type of product. It has the area to use the the color on each color. I don't feel they have the best pay off, but for the cost not bad.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No