Bobbi Brown Peony & Python

on 1/11/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually love Bobbi Brown's palettes, but I found this one very difficult to wear. it's very intense looks beautiful at night.

I love this palette! The packaging is beautiful and very sleek! Usually palettes that have some sort of special packaging tend to be bulky but this is very slim and fits in my make up bag, no problem. The colors inside are gorgeous and great quality. I like using the deep purple for eyeliner. I carry this with me now and recently used it to touch up after work for drinks. It was so convenient! I would definitely recommend to a friend, especially if my friend loves to do day-to-night transformations without stopping at home.

on 3/31/2011 10:02:00 AM

This is a very pretty palette. You can create quite a few day and night looks with it. My favorite colors are Plum Orchid of course, Cool Ivory (really nice for blend out the darker shadows) and Eclipse. One of my tricks is to use Eclipse on the lid and add Lavender (the lighter purple) over it. It makes the black softer while adding a hint of purple. Although there are tow purples in this palette, it makes a different one! so it's liek you have a 3rd purple! :) then i add Plum Orchid (darker purple) in my crease and blend out the harsh line with Cool Ivory. Opal and Cobra are nice as well. They can be a wash of color or assist in brightening the eyes or darker shadows.

on 3/20/2011 1:25:00 PM

I found the colours in this palette great for a day look especially the light purple, looks fresh with bone as a base and using the darker plum gives a great smokey eye.
The brushes are small but pick up just enough colour. All together I am pleased with my purchase and can see me getting a lot of use out of it, all the colours blend well together and layering them gives a stronger look whilst having a lighter hand gives you the classic Bobbi Brown natural look.

on 3/18/2011 10:47:00 AM

The packaging is "cute" but cumbersome with the zip around sticking sometimes. The colors were intriguing but lack pigmentation except for the purple and black. The surprise was that the black is very black but on the powdery side in comparison to Espresso which is almost creamy. One of the lighter shadows made my eyelids itch which happens with her other frosted shadows. The purple is really a blackened plum and not a purple. It's an OK palette.

Popular Palettes