BeneFit Cosmetics Fresh Squeezed

on 6/20/2012 10:45:00 AM

Really nice colour and smell. Lasts fairly long for a gloss. Brush not great though.

on 6/7/2012 4:25:00 PM

I went to my local Benefit counter to buy some bronzer, when my sister pointed out their promotion: buy two Benefit products to receive a free gift. I didn't have a lot of money on me and Benefit products are quite expensive, so even though there are plenty of other products I would rather have bought, I had to look for the cheapest option. The lipglosses were still expensive, but at least I could afford it.

I chose Fresh Squeezed, as it looked like such a pretty grapefruit pink colour and I thought it would pair well with the orange-toned lipsticks that are so fashionable in 2012.

It's not the best gloss I've ever used. I do like the colour, it's very pretty, quite pigmented and it turns orange lipsticks a nice warm apricot colour. It has very tiny glittery sparkles in it that can't be felt on the lips. It also has a lovely fruity smell that I really like. However, it's not very glossy at all. Not a lot of product comes out on the wand and I find I have to dip into the bottle a couple of times to cover my lips. Perhaps I need to slather on more product to get a glossier finish, but I don't think I'd enjoy that. It ends up being about as glossy as my lip balms.

I wouldn't repurchase, as I'm not a huge fan of lipgloss and I thought this was far too expensive for something that's not even very glossy.

on 9/16/2011 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price, I'd expect to get more product, but the tiny amount you get is still great for what it is. In the tube it appears to be a shimmery peachy pink, much like Orgasm from Nars, although Benefit's formula is far superior to Nars. It's thick and creamy, smells fruity, has no discernable taste and last for a great deal. IMO, it's better than Nars' glosses because I do like the longer lasting thickness. But the smell can be an issue, as it is very strong and I've been turned off by the fruity scent on days where I get a little headache. Pigmentation wise it is neither in the sheer side or the strong side, so it's just enough to show up with or without lipstick underneath. I consider it one of the better glosses in the mid-high end range of lip products.

on 3/18/2011 12:37:00 AM

A pink grapefruit colour with lot's of shine and great pigmentation/lasting power :)

Recommended for Medium Skin