December 26, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance - Candlelight

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yuck! This makes my eyelids look old and wrinkly. The glitter in this is just too much. Its like a glittery yellowish cream shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using it for a year now and it is a product that I really like.
Disadvantages: It is a bit difficult spreading it with the fingers because it's a little thick. I am 54 old and it's a bit bright for my age, because it stands out wrinkles. for that reason I use very little of it.
Advantages: I must say that the shadows last me hours intact. And I love the colour!

I definitely would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I am so disappointed. I love the regular Shadow Insurance and got this because it's just a gorgeous light golden/champagne color. It creased after 4 hours. No idea what happened but I never had this issue with the original.

Not only was my shadow creased badly but my liner was up to my brow bone...it literally appeared as if the primer made everything shift. I will not purchase this again and I am highly bummed about this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by pensativa

I'm on a roll reviewing my favorite, must-have beauty products, and this Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight definitely goes on the HG list!

Application is simple - squeeze a tiny bit of the product out onto your fingertip, apply all over the eyelid from lash to brow and voilá - one's eyes are beautifully illuminated! This product is wonderful because it works alone to impart a nice, subtle highlight but also serves as a fantastic eyeshadow base. When I layer other shadows over it (typically powder), Shadow Insurance extends the staying power of any shadow by hours, it's really that good!

Candlelight gives a nice, golden glow that is a perfect natural highlighter for girls with medium-warm skintones. The other option (Glitter Glue?) looks like it might be a bit too much shine for daytime. Candlelight gives a really nice, subtle effect that is perfect for day or night.

The only downside of this product would be the price point. $20 for 0.35 oz seems a bit steep, but I have to say that a little goes a long way. I bought a tube over a year ago and I'm not even halfway through it, with moderate use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really disapointed in this. I've been using it for a long time now, it lasts forever and I hate to waste it. I thought the color was pretty when I bought it, but maybe the texture's changed a little since then?? I put it on my lid then smooth it up to my brow. I have to apply my shadow carefully to cover all the primer, because it just doesn't look good. It's a little clumpy and difficult to work with. I don't like the tube it comes in.

It does help with shadow stay power/creasing.
I won't repurchase, but my sister loves the glitter glue one. She uses it every day. I had her try my candlelight (I wanted to give it away), but she didn't want it because hers is way better. haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would call this prettiness in a tube.... :) Women like getting dolled up but we dont want to put in effort. This is a primer AND pretty gold shimmery eyeshadow all in one. Because it is formulated as a primer, it will stay on ALL day, and I have the OILIEST eyelids ever. When I wear this alone, it gives me dimension in my eyes, but the shimmer isnt obvious at all. It just make my eyelids lit like a candlelight which was exactly what I was looking for. It is DEFINITELY NOT frosty, but just a light wash of gold shimmer color which is fantastic for summer, for the beach, on a warm day and you dont have to worry about it coming off. I love this product so much. It works REALLy well on warm asian skintones like mine, you will love it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by namida23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the Natural Flirt collection. I don't wear makeup often but whenever I wear eyeshadow I use this. It took me a while to work out the best way to apply this - I use a tiny amount and massage it between my ring fingers. I then use one finger for each eye, gently patting the product across my eyelid and then blending it up to the browbone. There are soft shimmers in this product that look beautiful, making this product great for an effortless natural glow over the eyes. My eyelids are a little oily but not too bad and after a long day my eyeshadows may be slightly creased. Not so bad that it looks terrible but easily fixable by blending the little creased eyeshadows together with my ring finger - this gives me eyeshadow another few hours of life. I've found it lasts about 10 hours on me, depending on the level of activity I've been through in the day, before I need to check on it. However, I do think for the price there are better products out there so once I'm done with this I will be testing the UDPP and comparing it to the Etude House Eye 10 Primer which is a fraction of these high end products' prices.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the original Shadow Insurance by Too Faced so I thought I would give the Candlelight version a try since it just looks so pretty to have on the lids as it peeks through your shadow. Big mistake. I don't understand why it does this but it creases so badly on me! the original did not crease even after 12 hours, while candlelight creased within a few hours of application. Returning and never buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by aj21math

I had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I'm too oily for it to work. I put it on in the morning and by lunchtime it was all gathered in my crease. I gave it a rating of 2 because I really did like the color and sparkle, but it just didn't last. It's too expensive of a product to not work. I'm sure it would be great for someone that has normal skin, but not oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first eye primer I ever used and I didn't really know what to expect. I received a sample of this about a year ago and the sample isn't even close to running out. I really don't understand why they tried to make this have a color in it because it seriously just looks like a regular eye primer. I noticed it kind of looked patchy on my lids and it dried my lids out a bit and accentuated my dryness on them too. It is very hard to blend too. Once you put it on your lids you have to blend quickly or it will look really REALLY patchy in some areas. I really didn't notice a better staying power when I applied eyeshadow, it still made my shadows crease...well my shadows crease with every primer even UDPP, but I think it's just because my eyelids are hooded/oily. I wouldn't repurchase, definitely not that great.