April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Polishes - Essie - Jamaica Me Crazy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this color, and I mean I fell in love with it hard. It's honestly one of the most gorgeous colors I've ever seen, a bright magenta pink made up of tiny, tiny flecks of glitter. It's so Hollywood...reminds me of something Elle Woods would wear. (If we're talking Legally Blonde, Jamaica Me Crazy is actually a line from the musical...ironic) Anyways, this peeled off very easily. I was surprised, as I've never had another polish peel off in huge chunks before. The lasting power was good, about a week with only slight chipping at the tips. My first experience with Essie and I'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I'm a sucker for shimmery polishes and this just caught my eye immediately --an absolutely gorgeous shimmery, jewel-toned purple-y pink I thought it would be too dark on me, but it's really not. I haven't seen this out in the sunlight yet, but I love the way it shimmers even indoors. I use a base coat and top coat religiously. For this, I used two different top coats for extra shine and strength -- I can't recommend enough how important this little extra step is. Top coats add shine and protect your nails. My nails are very thin. They bend and peel quite easily. My favorite topcoats include Revlon and Jordana. I've heard good things about Seche Vite, but it's a little pricey for me and I achieve the same results with more economical formulas. But who knows, I just might treat myself since base and top coats are so important to me. I've been reading other reviews and the consensus seems to be that this manicure will last about a week. I'm hoping that with the top coats I've used that it'll last a bit longer. Another interesting tidbit: I've never tried Essie polishes before. This seems like a perfect introduction to the line. I'll definitely be looking for these the next time I go to the store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Jamaica Me Crazy is a pretty magenta shimmer. It's filled with blue and pink shimmer which is what makes this such a lovely polish for me despite my general reluctance to wear this kind of color. Not too much to say, except it went on about average though it did take longer to dry than I would have liked. That and I'll never get used to the Essie brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Kurls315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful purple. The formula is easy to work with, opaque with 2 coats.
Last abou 3 days before chipping.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bvloet

I really like the colour of this polish. However, I'm not really loving the quality of the Essie brand. This polish is $10 in Canada, which is the same price as Nicole OPI. I found that Essie doesn't last as long on my toes as the OPI. I also noticed that Essie looked dull on my toes, whereas OPI retains its shine. I do like some of the colours offered by Essie but I think it is overpriced. I won't buy this brand again or recommend to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i was at a girls weekend pedicure and just walked in, glanced the wall and picked this without thinking too much. i feel in love. i KEEP looking at my toes. all the other girls agreed that i had an awesome color. i loved it so much i went and bought it the very next days. it's so fresh and bright and pretty and it just makes me happy! this is in my top 5 right now for sure. the name is also cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by SunFlower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty color! Dried fairly quickly and has not chipped for 5 days now. This is my first Essie nail polish and I would recommend this brand to a friend. Very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by heroicdestinysqud

Jamaica Me Crazy is my new go-to summer color. The bright magenta almost reads purple in some lights and I've noticed a subtle duochrome effect. The shimmer give the polish a bit more visual interest. The formula is amazing. I could definitely get away with one coat. The wear time is great. I usually chip my nails within half a day of wear but this has lasted nearly 5 days without chipping. When this bottle runs out, I am immediately getting a new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Essie nail polishes because the formula is awesome. It lasts on me for at least a week with no chips. I also love that the color in the bottle is what you get on your nails - Jamaica Me Crazy is no exception.

It's a magenta with very fine shimmers. The shimmer shows up indoors as well as in direct sunlight, which I like. However, as others have said, this particular polish looks much more shimmery with a clear topcoat. Without a topcoat this color looks kind of dull when it's completely dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Jamaica Me Crazy is a magenta with lots of very fine purple shimmer. The shimmer gives the polish an almost foil-like effect, which looks really pretty in the sunlight.

The application of this polish was very good, it didn't apply streaky and it dried extremely quick. I was barely done coating some of my nails and the polish seemed to already be dry from the first brush stroke. The color is opaque, and only needs two coats for full opacity.

One downside with this polish in particular is, once it's dry, the color becomes very dull. Therefore, a top coat is extremely necessary. I also ended up with small bubbles on all of my nails - which is something that hasn't happened to me in years. I'm not sure if it was the formula, or the humidity.