October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Polishes - Essie - Jamaica Me Crazy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by atsirk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty polish! It's a really shimmery magenta color that applies really well. The polish itself isn't too thick or thin. The first coat can be a little streaky and by the second coat the color is typically opaque and super even, but sometimes if I apply it too thin I need a third coat to get rid of any streakiness. But it's okay because three thinner coats works just fine and dries without a problem. I love this with a nice glossy topcoat. It's a fun summer color and a great color to transition into fall, and I love it for pedicures, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence. I LOVE the color. It dried somewhat fast, but not as speedily as some have said, at least not for me. I painted at night and by the time I went to bed, some were already chipped. I used a base coat but no top coat (the second coat of color was still drying and I didn't want to go to bed with wet nails). Not very impressive. As some have mentioned, a top coat would probably fix this but it has to stay unchipped long enough for me to apply one! I'm not a fan of the skinny brush, either. I've been spoiled by OPI and Chanel, which have wider brushes and apply with fewer strokes and therefore less unevenness. Also - I had a VERY hard time taking this polish off compared to any other I have ever uses. I had to SCRUB at it like crazy. Maybe it's the shimmer? I use a Chanel that has shimmer all the time and it doesn't create this issue. I'd try it again with topcoat and see how it goes. I do love love love the color, but that's where my affection ends!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this color, and I mean I fell in love with it hard. It's honestly one of the most gorgeous colors I've ever seen, a bright magenta pink made up of tiny, tiny flecks of glitter. It's so Hollywood...reminds me of something Elle Woods would wear. (If we're talking Legally Blonde, Jamaica Me Crazy is actually a line from the musical...ironic) Anyways, this peeled off very easily. I was surprised, as I've never had another polish peel off in huge chunks before. The lasting power was good, about a week with only slight chipping at the tips. My first experience with Essie and I'm impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I'm a sucker for shimmery polishes and this just caught my eye immediately --an absolutely gorgeous shimmery, jewel-toned purple-y pink I thought it would be too dark on me, but it's really not. I haven't seen this out in the sunlight yet, but I love the way it shimmers even indoors. I use a base coat and top coat religiously. For this, I used two different top coats for extra shine and strength -- I can't recommend enough how important this little extra step is. Top coats add shine and protect your nails. My nails are very thin. They bend and peel quite easily. My favorite topcoats include Revlon and Jordana. I've heard good things about Seche Vite, but it's a little pricey for me and I achieve the same results with more economical formulas. But who knows, I just might treat myself since base and top coats are so important to me. I've been reading other reviews and the consensus seems to be that this manicure will last about a week. I'm hoping that with the top coats I've used that it'll last a bit longer. Another interesting tidbit: I've never tried Essie polishes before. This seems like a perfect introduction to the line. I'll definitely be looking for these the next time I go to the store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Jamaica Me Crazy is a pretty magenta shimmer. It's filled with blue and pink shimmer which is what makes this such a lovely polish for me despite my general reluctance to wear this kind of color. Not too much to say, except it went on about average though it did take longer to dry than I would have liked. That and I'll never get used to the Essie brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Kurls315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautiful purple. The formula is easy to work with, opaque with 2 coats.
Last abou 3 days before chipping.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bvloet

I really like the colour of this polish. However, I'm not really loving the quality of the Essie brand. This polish is $10 in Canada, which is the same price as Nicole OPI. I found that Essie doesn't last as long on my toes as the OPI. I also noticed that Essie looked dull on my toes, whereas OPI retains its shine. I do like some of the colours offered by Essie but I think it is overpriced. I won't buy this brand again or recommend to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i was at a girls weekend pedicure and just walked in, glanced the wall and picked this without thinking too much. i feel in love. i KEEP looking at my toes. all the other girls agreed that i had an awesome color. i loved it so much i went and bought it the very next days. it's so fresh and bright and pretty and it just makes me happy! this is in my top 5 right now for sure. the name is also cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by SunFlower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty color! Dried fairly quickly and has not chipped for 5 days now. This is my first Essie nail polish and I would recommend this brand to a friend. Very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by heroicdestinysqud

Jamaica Me Crazy is my new go-to summer color. The bright magenta almost reads purple in some lights and I've noticed a subtle duochrome effect. The shimmer give the polish a bit more visual interest. The formula is amazing. I could definitely get away with one coat. The wear time is great. I usually chip my nails within half a day of wear but this has lasted nearly 5 days without chipping. When this bottle runs out, I am immediately getting a new one.