January 29, 2015 | 2048 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Quad - ALL SHADES

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Fresh Cut Greens.

Pros:
- beautiful soft greens; avocado, celadon-green
- no fallout (or minimal at best)
- no glitter or shimmer
- pearl finish in some shades

Cons:
- not for NC30 Asian skintone

Great price especially when it goes on sale. Beautiful seafoam greens and light greens just not suitable for my skin tone no matter how light or dark I apply it (makes me look more yellow and garish).
White Gold = pale eggshell white
Minted = reminds me of inside of an avocado
Moss = exactly moss with hint of gold
Celadon = mid-grey with hint of dark moss

Tried sample and will not purchase. This would suit those with hazel or light brown eyes and fair skin. My rating for this quad shade on my skintone = 1/5

Next review is for Earth Tones:
Pros: nice summer shades
Cons: shades are not for office wear
Rating of shade on me: 1/5

Next review is for Smoky Eyes:
Pros: inviting pale pink and grey combo; soft wash of colour on my NC30 skintone
Cons: fades after 2 hours but a heavy hand leads to washed-out look (shades are very cool)
Rating of shade on me: 3/5
Could purchase for office wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first brand that I tried outside of standard drugstore makeup brands. I think it has a better quality,formula, and durability than any of them. I have acquired 18 over the past 5 years. I also own 3 of their duos. So, I feel i can give an honest opinion of them. I have only had 3 quads that were disappointing to me, but I utilized the colors I did like from it to help with other looks.

These are a fantastic buy for beginners and when you want to have a nice look in a hurry without dragging out a master palette. It takes out all the guess work of pairing colors. Also, it is good for those of you who want to go beyond neutrals and try out actual colors without worrying about looking like a hot mess. I'd suggest these for teens wanting to experiment with makeup because of the simplicity, qualities, and cost of this brand.

They have beautiful colors and combinations in these quads. The shadows are typically composed of different finishes. They always have at least one matte... one to two shimmers... or one to two satin's....it depends on the quads color scheme. You rarely get one that is all shimmers. I have not seen one yet that was a glitter eye shadow...not sure if they even sell that kind.

You can wear these as is, if you want a sheer look, but I will warn you that not all of them are highly pigmented. It is hit or miss. This is not a brand that will give a deep crazy color that you have to apply carefully.They are very buildable...and if it still doesn't suit your tastes (as with any eye shadow) you can get a more defined look with a primer or water. They do not settle into your crease at all, even at the end of the day, you will not see it creased!

Their durability is OUTSTANDING!!! I am not proud to admit it, but there have been times where I fell asleep wearing it and had to get up in the middle of the night to take someone to the E.R or go to C.V.S for medicine, and it was still holding up to a respectable level! I just cleaned up my eyeliner, put a dab of concealer on my under eyes, and headed off without feeling embarrassed. That is amazing in my book!

They typically are $8.... Wait until they have a sale where they go down to $5 or $6, then buy a few...this happens a few times a year...if they go into the Avon outlet catalog they will be even cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sjholt13

I love my quads. Purple haze is the best. I was selling Avon because I was extremely addicted to it but it ended up being a hassle. I Wish I Could Go To A Store AND JUST Buy it. The colors are vibrant and stunning. Get yourself a good eye primer and the quad will make your eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Emily988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really love Avon's eyeshadow quads! The colors are amazing and look beautiful. The compact is small, yet there's a lot of eyeshadow in each circle! It comes with a double ended sponge brush (which works great. Sponge brushes are my favorite!) and there's also a large mirror! The product is brilliantly crafted.

The colors last very well and are so pretty.

I completely recommend! Would buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by margiela

Great eyeshadows! Long lasting, blend nicely, not to powdery and very pigmented. I like the packaging, it's very sturdy also the mirror inside is very useful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Punkye

They are just awesome ... Higly pigmented , holds well , not powdery , nice colors ... I recommend this for everyone (My fave quad is Coffee Latte Moka, i use this every single day)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Jinxicat9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Avon True Color Eyeshadow is the best pigmented eyeshadows I've ever used. The quad sets are wonderful. It blends well and the colors are rich and vibrant. I love my MAC eyeshadows but find myself using the Avon True Color more than my MACs. It wears better and the color stays true all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this product awhile ago, probably 2 years ago. i haven't really touched it in my collection, which is sad. i've been trying to use them more. these eye shadows are amazing! they are highly big pigmented and have great lasting power!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by HoneypieMommy

This eyeshadow stays put all day long & the colors are very nice & easy to apply. I have 2 different shade combos & I will be getting more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is first product by Avon I have used regularly. I have in Sandy Corals. I hit pan on the chocolate brown and the peachy pink. Both stay on long time but not the off white color, even with primer base. The shimmery pink one is not flattering. I purchase regular from Avon because my cleaning woman sells it and is great person. The lipsticks are so nice, and creamy with nice case but damn if I can find a color I like.