November 29, 2014 | 1016 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place ShadowCreme - Smokey Plum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gem is hidden in my stash and I definitely to bring it out more. I got this about two years ago and it's still going strong in terms of colour, consistency and application, which is a testament to its quality. I have found that high end cream shadows do last longer and it is worth spending the extra money if you like this kind of formula.

Smokey Plum is just that - a beautiful rich, plum that is perfect for a purple smokey eye. It's very pigmented so I find it's best to apply a little at a time and layering for more colour as I want or need. This shade definitely brings out my brown eyes.

The staying power is fantastic too. It stays put all day without creasing or fading so yes, it lives up to its name.

It looks like I'll need to check out more shades with EL's Double Wear cream shadows.

Edit to add: it seems that this product has been discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Smokey Plum is a gorgeous shade. It's almost a mushroom purple, or a taupe purple. For the price you get the same amount as in a MAC Paint Pot, but this is nothing like the MAC formula. It doesn't seem to set on lids and stays slightly creamy. I waited and waited for it to set and when I rubbed it the color moved. So you have to use it as a base or under a primer. I'm going to continue to work with it, but this may be my only EL cream shadow purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yesterday I went to a mall to buy a Chanel blush but in my way I saw this Cream shadow in Smoky plum and when I swatched it, I instantly fall in love and I had to have it, and I left the Chanel blush...
I could not find any info about this shadow, so I do not know if this is new or permanent or LE.
I have a few of their cream shadows and always check if they are some new colours out there, but never saw this one before.

Approx 1 year ago I read here that plum colors were great for greenish/olive eyes, I tried and that was right, the plum is really great and my eyes are not very green but the plum intensifies the green and makes them pop.
So since then, I have just a few plum colors, this cream shadow looks like the Guerlain Rivoli (darkest shade tempalia describes it as a grayish taupe with plum).
Today I applied the cream shadow on the lip up to the crease with a brush, then a color like Mac Seedy pearl on the brow bone and a plum color similar to Mac Shale on the lid, patted on top of the cream shadow. Then Mac Carbon as liner on top of a plumish-neutral pencil.
I really really love the result, it is dramatic but work wearable, looks elegant and sultry and will be doing this look over and over again.
And this lasts so long, you do not have to worry on refreshing your look at all during the day.

I got compliments from a colleague that loves makeup as well and I trust her opinion because when she does not like it, she does not hesitate to say so :o)