December 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Eye Shadow - Sonia Kashuk - Diamond Life Eye Shadow Duo (20)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I really wanted to love this duo. I'm on the lookout for the perfect cool taupe matte shadow, and this seemed like a winner.

I love the packaging; the magnetic closure is really convenient, and the white color looks clean. BUT......the product itself is just so low-pigmented. I have to scrub and scrub with my shadow brush to get color loaded on. I apply it, and it's almost invisible, so I have to keep scrubbing and applying....over....and over...and over. By the time I'm done, there's taupe-colored powder all over the counter. Also, once I finally have enough product on my lids, it's really hard to blend.

Sonia Kashuk needs to up the quality/pigmentation of this one. I won't purchase again. I went to the next aisle over in Target and found Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect eyeshadow palette in Good Earth.....it's much better, much more pigmented and easy to blend, than Diamond Life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow duo. The matte gray took some getting used to before I really liked it--but now I love it. The silvery shimmer (I actually think it's more of a sparkle color) is a great highlight shade (or an all-over the lid shade for a nighttime party). These two colors work well with various other colors to make good looks. And I especially love the texture of the matte gray...so velvety.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Leahkh19

Beautiful eyeshadow I absolutely love the grey shade !!! Very inexpensive for the quality of product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Evanthia

This is a great easy neutral eye look for office. The gray/taupe matte color I place over lid and smudge along lower lash line then use the shimmer color to highlight inner corner and brow-bone add mascara and I'm out the door. This eye look goes with any blush color and lipstick because it neutral. Great pigmentation and wearable color duo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I bought the Diamond Life Eye Shadow Duo from Target to test out the quality of the SK eyeshadows (BTW; they are average). It turns out, I really like it.

COLORS:
*SHIMMERY SHADE - There is a matte color and a coordinating shimmering color (not too glittery or having fall out issues with this at all). The shimmer color is a sparkly grey champagne color that looks like you took some of the purple out of the bottom shade of the WnW Silent Treatment Trio. It is a grey/taupey champagne color with a hint of lavender.

*MATTE SHADE - The matte shade in the duo is a really nice grey (mostly)/taupey color. Not a full on gray, it is soft and subtle. And like the shimmery shade, it has a hint of lavender to it.

Yes, I would buy again. The lavender hints don't mess with the ease of the shades, I think it is what makes them soft. I am really surprised how much I am enjoying this neutral, yet dramatic duo. I am NW20, with dark undereye circles that always cause problems with my eye makeup - and there are no problems. If you are curious about trying a Sonia Kashuk e/s, start with this duo. It was $6.99 and I am having a lot of fun with it.