July 23, 2014 | 2191 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Pure Clean Finishing Paste

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is just a waste of money. I'm returning mine to Walgreens. It has no hold. I might as well have put nothing in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very long, layered hair and I use this to tame fuzzyness and flyaways in my hair and I put it on the ends of my hair for a sleeker, smooth look. It smells good and it feels soft in my (not sticky) hair. I like it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is labeled "strong" hold, but it's NOT; the hold lasts for under 2 hours. i applied it to my chin-length hair for definition, and i'm not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It doesn't provide a strong hold, but I like it!
So, after reading the negative reviews for this product I actually got up to go look at mine. When I bought it, I didn't notice that it said "strong" hold, and if I had noticed I wouldn't have bought it! The negative reivews are right, this definitely does not provide a strong hold. I like it because it gives my hair that texturized piece-y look without making it crunchy or sticky. My hair still feels pretty soft after using this, and the hold is definitely flexible. As with all Garnier products it smells wonderful, and it's budget friendly. It's not my favorite styling product (that's Got to Be creme pomade), but it's pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

SAVE YOUR MONEY. The only good thing about this - is the smell. If you want to dip in and get the product underneath your fingernails, this is the packaging for you. The hold for your hair? There is no hold. Not sure who this paste works for? the bald? Trash can filler.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff works really well for me. I agree it will give your hair a grungy look if you use a lot, the key is less is more. I've got really short hair with chin length bangs so it pretty much styles itself. I mainly use it in my bangs and where it's really choppy in the back. To me this is more for definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by terracotta88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, very surprised by the other bad reviews. I picked this up at walmart for about 4 bucks. I have very thick dry, course hair....wavy underneath and straight on top. I have lots of layers and since my hair is so heavy mousse just doesn't do it for me.
I have a shoulder length shag and basically I take a quarter size scoop, run my hands together, and then just run it thru my almost dry hair from the inside layers out. It seperates the layers and accents the line of my cut, and my highlights.
It smells good, isn't really sticky and waxy, and does a great job for me. I also use it on my 9 year old son(who HATES product!) to hold and define his haircut.
Oh, and it's 97% percent naturally derived, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This finishing paste is OK. I just had my hair cut into a shorter style that needs some added piecey-ness. I was hoping to like this product, because it is touted as being natural, no 'cones, etc.
The smell is not bad, the texture is not difficult to work with, however, I have noticed that my hair does not keep the piecey-ness look for very long, so as far as being 'strong hold' as the product states, definitely not.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff was absolutely terrible. It made my hair look dirty and separated with no shine whatsoever. It also had zero hold despite saying "strong" on the label. I ended up having to pull my hair up and pinning my bangs to the side because I didn't have time to rewash and dry it. This is going straight in the trash.