July 29, 2014 | 1955 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Pure Clean Finishing Paste

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is just a waste of money. I'm returning mine to Walgreens. It has no hold. I might as well have put nothing in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very long, layered hair and I use this to tame fuzzyness and flyaways in my hair and I put it on the ends of my hair for a sleeker, smooth look. It smells good and it feels soft in my (not sticky) hair. I like it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is labeled "strong" hold, but it's NOT; the hold lasts for under 2 hours. i applied it to my chin-length hair for definition, and i'm not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It doesn't provide a strong hold, but I like it!
So, after reading the negative reviews for this product I actually got up to go look at mine. When I bought it, I didn't notice that it said "strong" hold, and if I had noticed I wouldn't have bought it! The negative reivews are right, this definitely does not provide a strong hold. I like it because it gives my hair that texturized piece-y look without making it crunchy or sticky. My hair still feels pretty soft after using this, and the hold is definitely flexible. As with all Garnier products it smells wonderful, and it's budget friendly. It's not my favorite styling product (that's Got to Be creme pomade), but it's pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by x5x5x5x5x5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have chin length layered hair and wanted something to make it look chunky or piecy. This stuff did nothing except make my hands smell weird and kind of gross (at least to me). Well, that's not true - it made my hair look sort of damp. Not what I was looking for. As a matter of fact, usually I would just throw something like this away and find another product - but this time I am going to actually return it to the store because they need to know what a bad product this is.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by notmyryan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product. I was looking for something that would make my hair piecey but not really stiff. I saw this on sale for $3 so I'm not sure why this has 3 $$$ next to the price. Anyways, when I first put it in my hair I thought - ok... maybe this is going to work, but then quickly fell flat. I kept adding more and more but it was only getting product filled and not holding any shape at all. I was completely disappointed and returned the product. Maybe it would work on super short cuts (mine is longer) but did not give me any hold at all!. Next day my hair was completely flat!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

SAVE YOUR MONEY. The only good thing about this - is the smell. If you want to dip in and get the product underneath your fingernails, this is the packaging for you. The hold for your hair? There is no hold. Not sure who this paste works for? the bald? Trash can filler.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff works really well for me. I agree it will give your hair a grungy look if you use a lot, the key is less is more. I've got really short hair with chin length bangs so it pretty much styles itself. I mainly use it in my bangs and where it's really choppy in the back. To me this is more for definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by joules6

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it a lot. Inoffensive, gently scented. Strong hold, zero stickiness, as advertised. Works well, great product, based on acacia gum. "99% Naturally Derived".

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by terracotta88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, very surprised by the other bad reviews. I picked this up at walmart for about 4 bucks. I have very thick dry, course hair....wavy underneath and straight on top. I have lots of layers and since my hair is so heavy mousse just doesn't do it for me.
I have a shoulder length shag and basically I take a quarter size scoop, run my hands together, and then just run it thru my almost dry hair from the inside layers out. It seperates the layers and accents the line of my cut, and my highlights.
It smells good, isn't really sticky and waxy, and does a great job for me. I also use it on my 9 year old son(who HATES product!) to hold and define his haircut.
Oh, and it's 97% percent naturally derived, too.