December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG face scrub!
I have Normal/Oily skin and no acne. I use this every three days, and it keeps my skin happy,clear and bright! I take a small amount on my fingers in the shower and focus it on my nose/inner cheeks then work my way to the edges of my face and rinse! If you have sensitive skin I can see this being too abrasive for you! I buy the big tub and it lasts me four to five months!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by withlovekassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the worst time withe getting rid of the acne on my back, untill i splurged on this.
I abs. Love it!!!
No for the face aspect of it. I have very oily and ance prone skin tried it out for two weeks. It made scars to harsh for my face.
I will use it for my body. I love the scent.
My husband, a navy sailor uses it on his back and shoulders, he makes me do it 2-3 times a week. Hes skins is so soft and clear.
Love for a bodyyy scrubb!!!(:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Wongsterable

I thought the product smelled great. Perfect for a body scrub but I thought it was a little too harsh for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Okiidoke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Too harsh for my face but PERFECT for my body. Leaves me feeling smooth and soft! Also amazing for the bottoms of your feet- it's brought my dry flakey feet back to life multiple times. Definitely buy this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ocean salt has mixed reviews and I believe part of that is because of a misunderstanding of the product. This scrub is a mix of fine and coarse salt and is layered in the tub. The top layer is very coarse and NOT very suitable for face use. I used this bit of the scrub for elbows, legs, etc. The bottom layer is pretty fine and is perfect for use on the face. I found that this scrub is a very good for exfoliating and smoothing skin, as well as preventing blackheads. This scrub did not break me out; I do not have sensitive skin, however, so please keep that in mind. The smell does kind of remind me of salt water (appropriate!) But it doesn't stick around in the slightest. The price is my one complaint, but I find that you often get what you pay for. 5/5

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by skylight106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I started using this about 5 or so months ago, when my "bacne" was quite bad. It really made my skin feel dry, so I stopped. But I retried it just a few weeks ago, using an Aveeno skin relief body wash afterwards, and it's made a difference. I only have the occasional bumb now. I don't know if I'll buy again as it is pricey in my opinion. But overall, good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by miriammak97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the sleek black packaging that most Lush products come in, with the tub packaging you can make sure you're getting every last drop of the product.
Moving on to the scent and texture: The scent is very citrus-y, you can also smell a tiny hint of the vodka that is in the scrub. The texture is the perfect medium; not too grainy and not too gentle. It gets the job done without being too abrasive or melting before having the chance to actually scrub your skin.
However, I did find that after 10 seconds or so, the salt particles began to break down into my skin and melt into an oil-like substance (either it was the salt or the other ingredients in the scrub i'm not entirely sure). I didn't mind this too much as it felt very moisturizing without leaving heavy residue on my face which I personally hate the feel of. After I got out of the shower and patted my face dry, my face felt very smooth and refreshed and I noticed that my moisturizer went on a lot smoother.

Overall, I liked the product however I will probably stick to my St. Ives Apricot Scrub which is a fraction of the price and does the job just as well if not better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Meemiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love everything about it; except the taste.
I use this maybe once a week or when I break out, I always feel like this scrub scrubs more than other scrubs (phew, what a sentence).
Make sure to not get any of it in your mouth though, unless youre gonna drink tequilla after - it's not pleasant ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ocean Salt is a very nice body scrub but it's package indicates that it is for face and body. That said, although I liked the product and I love the smell I cannot use it on my face because it contains some pore clogging ingredients that cause me to break out. It has a thinner consistency than most scrubs I've used, which didn't make me like how it worked any less but it does mean you go through it faster. The amount of body scrub you get and how long it lasts for the price is a little high.
If I got this as a gift in the future I'd be happy or if it were on sale I may purchase it again for the smell but it didn't work any wonders to make me want to rush out to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use a small amount of this when my face is broken out with allergies, or itchy with small sores. I know salt on an open wound sounds bad, but it acts as an antiseptic and clears things up for me. Occasional use only on my face. Like 2X a month. I do not use oily things in the shower cuz they are horrible to scrub out of the tub!