August 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kmb96

I'm currently on my 5th pot of this! It is amazing, a gentle yet effective scrub. It makes my combination skin smooth and removes any oils. It smells good and removes dead skin, leaving your face feeling great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this ocean salt and have used it every other day in the face. I let it stay on for about 10 after I scrubbed the face. I think my skin looks fresher after I started using ocean salt.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Today my LUSH products arrived in the mail, I recieved OCEAN SALT SCRUB & BUBBLEGUM LIP SCRUB, with a free sample of a cinnamon cleaner. I had a shower and tested the ocean salt scrub, my first impression is that the exfoliating is great, it definitely gets all of the dead skin off, however....it made my skin feel so dry! I then used my sample cleanser to see if that worked any better, it made my face feel really oily!!! Now that my skin has dried off, it does feel clean, but I feel as if there is a small overlay of oil on my skin. The lip scrub is amazing though... I would buy that again. But not the other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by AcapellaDitty

When my face is in desperate need of a good overhaul this is the first product i reach for. My skin is not sensitive so the super scrubby Ocean Salt does wonders for me. I find it much easier to apply to a dry face and buff away (a wet face seems to dissolve most of the salt) and my face always feels much cleaner and softer afterwards.

With ingredients like vodka, coconut, salt and lime it does excellent things for the skin but TERRIBLE things to the tastebuds if you're unfortunate enough to accidentally taste it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've forgotten how much I loved this!! I never get to a Lush often and after using it again after a while of using other exfoliants I find this really makes my skin super smooth like a baby's bottom. My skin isn't sensitive so it works very well. I love that it doesn't smell and if I get any near my mouth it just tastes like salt. I only use it in the shower every other day. After using it I can't stop touching my face (even though I know touching my face is a no no.) The salt is naturally antibacterial so it really benefits acne prone skin. It also has a beautiful blue tone to it, even though it doesn't do anything for your skin...but it's nice to look at. It feels like a spa sea salt scrub you get at the spa!! Oh and not to mention, my skin feels squeaky clean without feeling over dry! Bonus!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This scrub is too harsh for using on your face, but can be nice as a body or foot scrub.

The salt can sting your skin though (if using on cuts or any sort of irritated skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by 07words

At first, I thought this was too harsh for my skin but i've eventually found my love for it.

I use this twice a week and scrub my face gently with it using a small amount. You need to watch out for sharp bits as they will hurt if you scrub your face too hard. The vodka in the ingredients is good as a toner, you can feel it getting to work on your skin. After washing this off with warm water, my skin is left feeling extremely smooth and not dry at all.

I've given up on all other exfoliators - this is my favourite. If only they'd now reduce the price (they put it up by 1).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I bought this to exfoliate my dry skin. (I always have flakey skin) I found it to be too harsh, irritating and drying my skin too much.

However, it works well as an acne spot treatment for me. Its also been verryyyyy handy to exfoliate my body before shaving so that's how I usually use it now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by shaunan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is combo-dry. I was told to use ultrabland, WITH this to exfoliate but still have some moisture. This combo did not do it for me at all, it actually caused me to have break outs under my skin as well as near my mouth and along my cheeks.
On its own, its SUPER abrasive. If you have softer skin, this is going to be wayy too harsh. And honestly, I felt like mixing ultrabland and ocean salt was the same as mixing honey and sea salt together. much cheaper too

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

First off, let me preface my review by saying that I do not have sensitive skin. If you do - in any of the areas you plan on exfoliating - skip this product. It is definitely on the harsh/aggressive side, and sensitive types won't do well with it, IMO.

That being said, I don't have sensitive skin, and I love this scrub. I was skeptical of it at first, but after I tried a sample out on my hand, I was hooked - I could not remember my skin ever feeling so smooth and baby-soft.

This has a combination of finer crystals and coarser ones. When you first buy it, the coarser ones will be at the top, so you'll need to mix it (a long orange wood stick works well). The scent is oceany/watery and fresh, with a whiff of lime and vodka. It is bright blue, which is unnecessary, of course, but fun.

I've used this on both body and face. As I mentioned, it's quite aggressive, so you don't need to put a lot of pressure behind it. Simply glide it over your skin and the scrub itself will do the rest. (Seriously, don't scrub this into your skin. It is plenty strong on its own and working it in too roughly will be unpleasant.) Also beware of using these near any sort of open cut or wound. It does have salt, after all, so doing so will sting.

When I rinse this off, my skin is unbelievably smooth, like a baby's bum. This is quite a feat for me on my face especially, as my facial skin is rather roughly textured. This makes it feel refined and almost marble-like. Any rough spots I had are completely eliminated. I also feel that it has contributed to fading some of my hyperpigmentation from old acne, as I have fewer red marks now than I did when I started using this (and nothing else I'm using would be a contributing factor). Ocean Salt is like a facial-in-a-jar for me. It's also nice to use on the body prior to shaving. My legs, underarms, and bikini area get a remarkably smooth and close shave after exfoliating with this first.

I do not find this irritating to my skin, but again: I have resistant/non-sensitive skin, and I use a light hand. I also don't use this extremely often - usually once a week. I will keep repurchasing because nothing else has ever made my skin feel this smooth. If you're worried about the harshness, use with caution at first and try to get a sample before you commit to a full size.