July 23, 2014 | 1573 users online

Primer/ Corrector - RoC - Brilliance Anti-Aging Face Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the way this primer works. It makes my skin look smooth and virtually poreless and it does a good job of holding my makeup in place. I also like the idea of the e-pulse technology with the copper ions although I've never felt any tingle nor do I fully believe the hype. Unfortunately, if I use it for more than a few days, I start getting breakouts. I usually have a problem with products that contain a high amount of silicone and this definitely does. Probably won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just don't like the way it makes me look. I used it for a couple of weeks, but eventually had to put it aside. The texture of it as I apply it is fine. The gray color is disconcerting but a non-issue once on. My makeup glides on over it well. But after a few hours, I feel like my face just looks a little clouded, melted and disheveled, as if I were ill, or had been sweating or working out (even when I haven't). I don't know how else to describe it. Not an allergic reaction (no swelling or bumps), it just doesn't make me look very put together. I recently ran out of all my other primers but had a tube of Too Faced BB cream. I ended up applying the RoC primer only to my jawline and around my mouth, since this is where my skin tends to be the roughest and makeup needs help going on, and applying the BB cream to the skin above. The RoC was fine for that. So lesson learned: as long as I keep it off my cheeks I'll at least be able to use up the rest of the tube. After that, I won't re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ughhh. It's making me break out!! At full price here in NYC it is about $25, which is the same price as other department store primers. After all the rave productville reviews, I had to try it. It's left my face feeling quite greasy, my makeup (that I've worn every day for 5 yrs now) is balling up, and I'm getting lumps under my skin. HUGE FAIL. Product is silicones, it's in a neat squeeze tube (handy for travel) and that's about what it's got going for it. Obviously a HG for some people, just not me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this primer too. It's a good one. Available at CVS for $25. However, you can get it on sale or if you get back the CVS rewards bucks, etc.
The ingredients are few and of course there are silicones in it. The primer also has copper powder which is supposed to be good for the skin. Although the copper powder does give the primer a grey color but when you apply it to the skin it goes on clear. It also goes on really smooth and makes my mineral foundation go on smooth too. Like most primers, it softens the look of fine lines and gives the skin that "airbrushed" look.
This primer comes in a 1 oz. squeeze tube.
I did buy another Roc Brilliance Primer on sale so I am obviously happy with this primer. It does work good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this primer. It does what it's supposed to do - make my foundation last many, many hours.

What I like even more that it leaves no irritation on my skin. I've tried a few other primers and some samples as well and have always found that they break me out. I'm not sure it it's because other primers block my skin from breathing normally or what but this primer works really well.

The finish is soft, matte but not dry looking. It feels very silky and corrects redness while making my pores all but disappear. I think it retails for about $20 but I got mine in the Allure beauty box. I just hope that enough people buy this product to keep it available for when I need to stock up again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a bit with good results! The color scared me a bit as it's gray - but that doesn't at all transfer to my skin. It feels amazing on, one of the absolute best in that arena. It's as if I don't have a primer on at all. Pores and fine line pretty much disappear and make up definitely goes on smoother and stays fresh. As for the long term benefits, I haven't used it long enough to see anything. It's expensive but still less than the usual primers - I got mine for about $20 on sale at Walgreens. My one issue is as my skin tends to get even more dry as Fall and Winter progresses...I am not sure how great this is going to work. With liquid foundation it's great however I noticed with powders it can make my skin look a bit dry in patches, even with moisturizers and exfoliation. With oilier gals/gents this may be perfect for winter but not so sure about us with dry skin. I will update, but for now this is an excellent alternative to the mainstream ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I have only had it and have been using it for a week. I bought it at CVS when it was on sale for $4 off down from about $25 and I also had some extrabucks to use. I was a little surprised to see it came out of the tube a grayish color.. The claims this primer makes are pretty amazing. I can't say they are all true, I can say my one "age spot" or red spot on my cheek that I have has faded. I don't know what the spot is, it looks like a patch of sunburn but never goes away, I'm 26 I guess it's time for the anti-aging products. I also use Olay's Regenerist line and believe that has helped with pigmentation problems as well but just within the last week with adding the RoC primer to my routine I do notice a difference in the quality of my skin, and my face really looks a lot better with makeup on b/c it is already more evened out. This primer helped with pores as well but I also use fusion's blush w/ amplifat and have been for quite some time which helps minimize pores... and hydrolyze which would also help with some areas of the skin and it's texture... SO... all I'm saying here .. this primer is a good one. Definitely expensive for drugstore but u can find it on sale or maybe in a swap.. It is like a gel texture, first 2 ingredients are Dimethicone and Dimethicone Crosspolymer it also has silica, coppoer powder, and maybe MAYBe glycerin I don't remember... but those other ones i'm sure about. I do believe smashbox's primer lists these first two ingredients as the main ingredients in theirs as well so u may find a similar result/effect with this Roc primer although RoC claims that after 2 weeks of use makeup may become optional... I'll have to write an updated review on wether or not I agree with that.. And this doesn't leave a shine on your face, it does go on smoothly and slides right on, makes the skin very soft but it is not slipppery which I like, yet allows for makeup to blend in very smoothly. I love it so far and will definitely re purchase!
UPDATE: CONTAINS NO COMODEGENIC INGREDIENTS .. i love this primer b/c of the simplicity of it's ingredients.. it only has a few - not a long complicated list of chemicals. (reference, www.cosdna.com) = THIS PRIMER WILL NOT BREAK YOU OUT OR IRRITATE YOUR SKIN OR CLOG YOUR PORES!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by texasflamingo

I love this primer! It makes my Colorstay foundation go on so smooth . It's about $25 in stores, but I got it for less than $15 (no tax and free shipping) on Amazon.com! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Evanthia

This product is expensive for drugstore prices but after reading several positive reviews and had $10 extra care bucks that I needed to spend at CVS I decided to buy. This is by far the BEST primer I have ever tried smooths over my face easily and I use less foundation because of that by end of day my foundation is still on. I use Make Up Forever HD and the fact that I use less foundation is great bc mine is expensive. My skin is no longer patchy even if I just use this under my Chanel Tan De Chanel with no foundation my skin still looks great. I have tried several primers over the years and this is by far the best!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by fancypants7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I've used just about every primer out there and this is by far, hands down, THE best. I'm not sure I buy into the whole "micro pulse technology" bit, but nonetheless this smooths out my skin like no other. I wear very sheer make-up and I've noticed since using this primer what little I do wear stays put all day long.....and the best part is it mattes my skin so I don't have to dust any powder, which means a lot on these hot and humid Texas days. I also use the ROC primer for eyes and when i apply it, all lines are instantly erased and my concealer glides on. I'm a girl that smiles with my eyes and that's just not going to change, but this primer makes me look at least 5 years younger. Highly recommend for other smiley girls. One word of caution though is that the primer is grey.....so it can be hard for those with dark circles. I just dab on a little bit of tinted moisturizer and that seems to take care of it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No