December 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Toners - Dior - gentle toning lotion with velvet peony extract-dry/sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this has found its way into my skincare routine. i use it everyday i wear makeup. i use the dior gentle cleansing oil and a hot wash cloth. then i use this toner to wipe off any left over residue and it just makes me feel so luxurious. ill admit this it a splurge buy for as there are other toners that are just as gentle. but there is alot of product in the bottle. the ingredients are simple and i LOVE the smell. its nothing strong but it does linger for a few minutes and my husband gave me a hug and said "what is that? it smells pretty." :) its never caused a reaction and it doesnt leave a 'film' or stickness like some toners can. just fresh clean feeling. also no dryness! i will continue to buy as long as they make it!

update: still loving this and its become a holy grail. the hyaluronic acid really helps tone my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I admit: it's my fault that this product did not work for me. Previously I bought the Dior cleaner with velvet peony and it gave me allergies. It's been a couple years ago. So, I decided to give the toner a try based on great reviews. Well, it was very moisturizing but it also gave me allergies. Such a pity, coz otherwise the product is great (a little over-fragranced, maybe).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seemed ok at first, but ultimately it irritated my skin horribly, making it inflamed and itchy. I actually don't think it was the fragrance, because the matching cleanser hasn't been bad at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I finished the bottle and yes...I'll buy it again. I like it because it is gentle, doesn't dry my skin and it's alcohol free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by alexandra8282

As another reviewer also mentioned I also did not believe in toner until I started using this toner. It feels wonderful! It's gentle but I feel it working. It closes my pores within seconds leaving my skin flawless. I use the pink one it is alcohol free and non drying. The beautiful scent is a plus...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Very good toner for my combo-acne prone-sensitive skin. I was a little dehydrated due acne treatments (i´m always on those). It cleans and refreshes, leaves skin so soft and hydrated but not oily. Def a keeper for my skin type. It doesn´t causes more acne. A little bit expensive but it last for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I didn't really believe in toners before this product. I could not tell what they did or were supposed to do. Maybe it's b/c this product is alcohol-free, but it really helps to hydrate my skin as I suffer from dryness. With regular use my skin has had much less dry/rough patches than before and it feels smooth and soft. I haven't had any problems with that hot sensation and I'm far from the 50+ club, but I do see results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is currently my favorite toner. It's the first toner I've ever used that's alcohol-free. I agree that it initially makes your face hot when applied, but that feeling subsides a minute or two later. The only toner I've tried thus far that's not extremely drying. I used to use Clinique Clarifying Lotion and it destroyed my skin during that time. I find this toner to be moisturizing, smells incredibly amazing, and brightens my complexion immediately. I'm already on my third or fourth bottle because I'm afraid to try anything else. I use this in the morning before I apply my makeup and at night after makeup removal. I didn't have this on me for a couple days because I ran out, and my skin could not have looked worse! Best toner so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

I thought my skin type was oily, but the Dior lady said it was dry and recommended this toner over the clarifying one for my skin.

It smells gorgeous, does the job. I would purchase again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must be for older skin. I can see how it provides some clarifying and radiance for skin that needs it. However, it just makes my facial skin feel hot, like I can't wait to stand in front of the a/c and blow cold air on it. So, I would say, this is for maybe fifty year old and up skin. Update: I ended up keeping this and I have to say it has grown on me. I can't use it everyday but its a good toner for when my skin is feeling like it needs to be a little cleaner. As long as I don't use it on the days I exfoliate, I don't get that hot sensation.