April 18, 2014 | 1900 users online

Toners - Christian Dior - gentle toning lotion with velvet peony extract-dry/sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having good luck with the matching cleanser and reading such great reviews here, I decided to try the toner too. I have had mixed feelings about toners because my skin is dry and sensitive, even the versions I've tried for this skin type have not been successful - they either strip the skin or do nothing. This one actively hydrates my skin. It looks smoother and plumper after using it, which is probably down to the hyaluronic acid it contains. It smells gorgeous and doesn't irritate - indeed it feels soothing. I'll keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finished the bottle and yes...I'll buy it again. I like it because it is gentle, doesn't dry my skin and it's alcohol free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by alexandra8282

As another reviewer also mentioned I also did not believe in toner until I started using this toner. It feels wonderful! It's gentle but I feel it working. It closes my pores within seconds leaving my skin flawless. I use the pink one it is alcohol free and non drying. The beautiful scent is a plus...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Very good toner for my combo-acne prone-sensitive skin. I was a little dehydrated due acne treatments (i´m always on those). It cleans and refreshes, leaves skin so soft and hydrated but not oily. Def a keeper for my skin type. It doesn´t causes more acne. A little bit expensive but it last for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I didn't really believe in toners before this product. I could not tell what they did or were supposed to do. Maybe it's b/c this product is alcohol-free, but it really helps to hydrate my skin as I suffer from dryness. With regular use my skin has had much less dry/rough patches than before and it feels smooth and soft. I haven't had any problems with that hot sensation and I'm far from the 50+ club, but I do see results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is currently my favorite toner. It's the first toner I've ever used that's alcohol-free. I agree that it initially makes your face hot when applied, but that feeling subsides a minute or two later. The only toner I've tried thus far that's not extremely drying. I used to use Clinique Clarifying Lotion and it destroyed my skin during that time. I find this toner to be moisturizing, smells incredibly amazing, and brightens my complexion immediately. I'm already on my third or fourth bottle because I'm afraid to try anything else. I use this in the morning before I apply my makeup and at night after makeup removal. I didn't have this on me for a couple days because I ran out, and my skin could not have looked worse! Best toner so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by caz5000

I thought my skin type was oily, but the Dior lady said it was dry and recommended this toner over the clarifying one for my skin.

It smells gorgeous, does the job. I would purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This must be for older skin. I can see how it provides some clarifying and radiance for skin that needs it. However, it just makes my facial skin feel hot, like I can't wait to stand in front of the a/c and blow cold air on it. So, I would say, this is for maybe fifty year old and up skin. Update: I ended up keeping this and I have to say it has grown on me. I can't use it everyday but its a good toner for when my skin is feeling like it needs to be a little cleaner. As long as I don't use it on the days I exfoliate, I don't get that hot sensation.