July 26, 2014 | 1389 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Brightening Eye Color-Nouveau Neutrals

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Chalky. No pigmentation. Pointless waste of a buck

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

The picture here and on elf's website look nothing like the colors in this quad. NN has a peach, lightish brown, pastel silver green, and olive green. All have shimmer. None have pigment. elf's brightening quads can be decent for a buck. Butternut, Day 2 night, silver linings to name a few.
Nouveau Neutrals is a fail!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this for free so I'm not going to complain too much but yeah..it's bad.
The white is quite pigmented but it's also full of glitter than is all over your face before you even finish applying the eyeshadow. It's also quite chalky.
The green is terrible but with a primer it can look decent, I don't own any muddy green eye shadows and was surprised because the color looked quite good.
The light salmony pink is the biggest disappointment of all, doesn't show up with a primer or without it.
The orangy green is just very very average.
I won't be throwing this away but I don't see myself using any of these shadows, even the selection of colors is terrible because they don't really go that well together. I expected even less based on these reviews though. The packaging is really crappy, the triangle pans are hard to work with and you do get a dual ended sponge with the container but it's easier to work with fingers to be honest. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

No pigmentation at all except in the darker one of the quad, and it doesn't look nice even so. There are no combinations possible that don't make me look like a zombie. Oh well- it was only a dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ely617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like that the e.l.f. quads are shaped in triangles because I feel like it's hard to get to the corners and get the product. This particular quad doesn't have very good pigmentation. The colors are mostly just sheer with bits of chunky shimmer. Using a cream eyeshadow underneath helps the colors show up more, though, but the colors still don't last for more than a few hours. They'll still stick on all day with the cream shadow, but they become much more dull. It's not bad for a simple everyday, neutral eye, and for only $1, it's good. It's just definitely only for beginners and for a more easy-going style. I personally hate the white though because it's pretty much just shimmer with no white payoff, and the green is quite dull and muddy, so I don't like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I found this item at the dollar store. I wasn't expecting mind blowing quality since this was just an impulse cheap buy. Noveau Neutrals appealed to me due to the pretty warm peachy shades in it. This quad includes: 1. Medium warm toned peach-brown 2. Light warm toned peach 3. Medium warm toned olive-taupe 4. Light cool toned silver-blue. The first three colors work well together. The silver-blue shade is extremely cool toned and looks very odd with the other shades. All shades in this quad have small particles of gritty glitter in them which makes fallout a problem. With a trusted eyeshadow primer, the two peach shades looked very nice at initial application and displayed decent pigmentation. However, none of the shades managed to stay on all day. The olive-taupe looks pretty in the pan but more of a muddy poor pigmented mess on the lid. We won't discuss that silver-blue shade..........it's just bad! The overall texture and finish of this quad was chalky and dry. Is it worth the buck? No, you would be better off buying a faux bump-it at the dollar store then this quad.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I received this as a GWP with an ELF order. This was a disappointing product from ELF. The shades are not pigmented at all, which is a shame. When I received this I was hoping to create some nice looks for work.

The best shade of the bunch is the green. I suppose I could use two if them for highlighting.

I know these only cost $1 so I shouldn't expect too much, but some of their other $1 quads are quite nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

Total crap. I generally like most of E.L.F.'s shadow quads, but the colors in this set are terrible. They're not pigmented, they're way too sheer, and the only thing that you really get out of this quad is massive glitter fall out on your cheeks. I'm also fair complected and they STILL don't show up! I've used foundation, eye primer, concealer, and Pixie Epoxy; nothing helps. The only color that I may use again is the green...it's not too bad, but the rest of the shades are a glittery mess. Boo, E.L.F., boo!