October 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Mascara - Laura Mercier - Long Lash Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

I go this in a sample size, will not buy the full size, it not gave me as long lashes as I expected, volume is also so so, and this stuff smudges... Falling off to my cheeks.. I prefer my maybeline and some other drugstore mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by foxkid

The only reason why I would not re-purchase this problem is because the formula is not waterproof and smudges a little therefore (not ideal for rain and tears)

it applies beautifully and if you're not prone to oily eyelids/humidity/rain/tears this will probably be perfect for you.

It's one of the few mascaras that applies smoothly and seperates my eyelashes without clumping.

When I wear this mascara I would usually apply a thin layer of a waterproof mascara first, then the Mercier and then the waterproof again and that way it won't budge :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I received this as part of a GWP and it's ok, nothing special. The brush is thin yet very dense meaning that it does leave a very thin layer of mascara on each lash that can be built up. You do really have to work with this product though as it too at least three coats for my lashes to actually look like I was wearing mascara.

The color I got was black, but it does not look like a black when applied, and instead looks more like a grey-black. It does give a very natural effect with one coat, but it is hardly noticeable. It didn't really give me long lashes (as the product name would suggest) but just coated them at the base and didn't have an effect on length.

I have had far better mascaras from the drugstore, and I am quite disappointed in this one. I am biased in that I normally only wear waterproof mascaras, and this isn't, so I would not buy this one again. Since I only got a mini size of this I will continue to use it up though. Overall, the brush doesn't work for me and the color really isn't dark enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by joanna1302

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried every Mascara going and this is my favourite by far. Not necessarily a going out product but perfect for natural day time wear. I have red hair and find the burgandy colour really compliments my hair and blue eyes without being too harsh against my fair skin. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a very decent mascara. It lengthens well and doesn't flake or smudge. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because of the brush. It is a combo of long and short bristles and if you use the short bristles you get a heavy dose of gloppy mascara. There are a lot better mascaras on the market that don't require much "thought."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I got this as a free sample with a palette I ordered thru the website, and I am lovin' this mascara! I can't believe how good it is, because I never seem to have much luck with high-end mascaras. I always think they are way over-priced and perform much worse than the cheaper drugstore brands. This Long Lash mascara, however, is an anomaly as far as I am concerned. Better than any Bobbi Brown mascara I've tried, that's for sure! Better than most MAC, Clinique, and Estee Lauder mascaras, too. Yes, this one is thin the first time you use it for some reason... but it seems that- like a fine wine- this mascara gets better with age. For me, this mascara makes my lashes somewhat darker (they are already black), but noticeably longer without clumping, smearing, or flaking all over the place. I am definitely planning to purchase another tube when this one expires on me because I think this is great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow..this is a great mascara. It creates lovely, thick, black, separated lashes. The brush is genius--it grabs every lash--top and bottom. If only it came in waterproof! Then, it would be perfect. Still, I love it and will re-purchase until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by NQ

From all the mascaras I've tried, this mascara is personally the best. It doesn't clump and flake, which I love about it, it certainly does lengthen the lashes, and the best thing about it is that my lashes really look natural and enhanced. The brush is quite small which helps get to the smallest lashes since I've got invisible lashes...:p I'd definitely buy it again..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by vitamins

Although I wouldn't repurchase this product (I have many mascaras on my wish list) I definitely wouldn't say it was a totoal failure. When I first purchased the mascara I found the formula quite thin, but carried on with it nonetheless as it was my first high-end mascara purchase and I wanted to give it a fair trial. After a few weeks or so, the formula dries down and it makes the mascara so much better. My lashes look longer, curlier and separated after use, which is surprising seeing as I have awful natural lashes (stubby, not a curl in sight).

This is far from a HG mascara. I'd prefer it if it was perfect straight out of the tube on the first day of purchase, but given the chance this product has great potential. The formula just needs a chance to dry down a little.

Overall, this mascara is a 4/5 for me. I'll continue to use it until it's gone and it's the only one I use now (for the record, I own LashBlast, Full'n'Soft, Plush Lash, The Falsies and my dried-down LM mascara is way better).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A trial size of "long lash" mascara was included with a LM palette that I purchased near the end of 2010. The palette is ok (will write a separate review later), but I decided to write the review on the mascara now, so I can throw it away. The formula is very thin. It makes lashes a tiny bit darker but CERTAINLY NOT longer. It smudges very easily, and the brush is ridiculous. I like a lot of LM m/u, but this mascara is really very sub-par.