Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara

3.3

(Black): Aqua (Water), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI77499 (Iron Oxides), Sorbitan Olivate, Stearic Acid, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tocopherol, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA Copolymer, Panthenol, Silica, Ceramide 3, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract.

on 3/16/2015 12:44:00 PM

This mascara goes on easily, does not smudge or flake off, enhanced lash length a little (not much) and overall is good in a basic way. Not very exciting. I found it has a slight tendency to clump also. It's just a bit too middle of the road - you could probably get something just as good from a less expensive brand. I chose this one as I have very sensitive eyes that tend to get watery - this mascara was at least good for my sensitive eyes as it has not caused any irritation, unlike cheaper brands.

on 11/23/2014 1:12:00 PM

I bought this looking for a replacement to my Korres provitamin b5 mascara in black and I am quite satisfied so far after about 1 week of use.
Pros
Does not irritate sensitive eyes
Stays all day
Better applicator than Korres
Feels OK, not dry
Very little clumping when applied, easy to take care of
Lengthens well

Cons
The applicator could be better on lower eyelashes

If you like to look like an all-eyed doll, or need substantial volume, this product is not for you. Perfect for work.

EDIT: The product dried up after 1month of regular use - unlike other mascaras- so I now have used the Jane Iredale PureLash Lengthening Mascara with good results overall

on 8/7/2014 12:43:00 AM

I go this in a sample size, will not buy the full size, it not gave me as long lashes as I expected, volume is also so so, and this stuff smudges... Falling off to my cheeks.. I prefer my maybeline and some other drugstore mascaras.

on 6/27/2014 5:58:00 PM

The only reason why I would not re-purchase this problem is because the formula is not waterproof and smudges a little therefore (not ideal for rain and tears)

it applies beautifully and if you're not prone to oily eyelids/humidity/rain/tears this will probably be perfect for you.

It's one of the few mascaras that applies smoothly and seperates my eyelashes without clumping.

When I wear this mascara I would usually apply a thin layer of a waterproof mascara first, then the Mercier and then the waterproof again and that way it won't budge :)

on 2/13/2014 11:07:00 AM

I received this as part of a GWP and it's ok, nothing special. The brush is thin yet very dense meaning that it does leave a very thin layer of mascara on each lash that can be built up. You do really have to work with this product though as it too at least three coats for my lashes to actually look like I was wearing mascara.

The color I got was black, but it does not look like a black when applied, and instead looks more like a grey-black. It does give a very natural effect with one coat, but it is hardly noticeable. It didn't really give me long lashes (as the product name would suggest) but just coated them at the base and didn't have an effect on length.

I have had far better mascaras from the drugstore, and I am quite disappointed in this one. I am biased in that I normally only wear waterproof mascaras, and this isn't, so I would not buy this one again. Since I only got a mini size of this I will continue to use it up though. Overall, the brush doesn't work for me and the color really isn't dark enough.

on 5/25/2013 7:26:00 AM

I have tried every Mascara going and this is my favourite by far. Not necessarily a going out product but perfect for natural day time wear. I have red hair and find the burgandy colour really compliments my hair and blue eyes without being too harsh against my fair skin. Love it.

on 11/18/2012 11:13:00 AM

This was a very decent mascara. It lengthens well and doesn't flake or smudge. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase is because of the brush. It is a combo of long and short bristles and if you use the short bristles you get a heavy dose of gloppy mascara. There are a lot better mascaras on the market that don't require much "thought."

on 11/17/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a free sample with a palette I ordered thru the website, and I am lovin' this mascara! I can't believe how good it is, because I never seem to have much luck with high-end mascaras. I always think they are way over-priced and perform much worse than the cheaper drugstore brands. This Long Lash mascara, however, is an anomaly as far as I am concerned. Better than any Bobbi Brown mascara I've tried, that's for sure! Better than most MAC, Clinique, and Estee Lauder mascaras, too. Yes, this one is thin the first time you use it for some reason... but it seems that- like a fine wine- this mascara gets better with age. For me, this mascara makes my lashes somewhat darker (they are already black), but noticeably longer without clumping, smearing, or flaking all over the place. I am definitely planning to purchase another tube when this one expires on me because I think this is great stuff!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow..this is a great mascara. It creates lovely, thick, black, separated lashes. The brush is genius--it grabs every lash--top and bottom. If only it came in waterproof! Then, it would be perfect. Still, I love it and will re-purchase until they stop making it.

on 10/24/2011 4:53:00 PM

From all the mascaras I've tried, this mascara is personally the best. It doesn't clump and flake, which I love about it, it certainly does lengthen the lashes, and the best thing about it is that my lashes really look natural and enhanced. The brush is quite small which helps get to the smallest lashes since I've got invisible lashes...:p I'd definitely buy it again..