July 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection - 405 Fairytale

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to start off by saying I do like this color.. It's a neon coral pink. Great for spring/summer. It is definitely not a me color, though. I usually am a more natural gal. Although, I must say this color does flatter my pale skin. It does look a little barbie dolly, but that might just be me because I'm not into neon lip colors. The color on the bottom is a little bit misleading, I might add. It's really much brighter on the lips.

The reason why I really would not repurchase this lipstick is because the Cover Girl Lip Perfection formula is HORRIBLE for me. It stays on your lips forever, and I mean forever. If you have any dead skin on your lips this lipstick makes it stand out. And when you're trying to get it off, just forget it. It stains the skin and you literally have to rip skin off your lips to get it off. UGH. Now I remember why I never buy Cover Girl lipsticks. It's so misleading because I love the packaging. sigh. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by BreannaLyneHall

This lipstick is the reason why I started my lipstick obsession. I have over 50 lipsticks, and this shade is the reason I fell so in love with lip products. I bought this when I was 16 and I wore it every day, I just applied it heavily and blotted it off with a napkin, and it left a bold reddish pink stain. Everyone complimented me every day on it, and it compliments my green eyes best. I love the formula and color so much. Whenever I choose to wear this I feel prettiest and very confident.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by JennyNiemann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lipstick! The claims that Covergirl makes are dead on! It’s a great formula, and I have never felt a lipstick so soft. It feels like velvet when you are applying it. Feels like your applying a lip balm, without the greasiness. It feels like heaven! Fairytale is very pigmented and lasts for a LONG time. Even after I washed off my makeup at night it left a stain on my lips. The packaging on this lipstick is also great. The only thing that I can find wrong, is the shade at the bottom of the lipstick is a little off, so you may want to keep that into consideration when purchasing it. If you do buy it make sure you purchase it from a store that will let you exchange it if your unhappy with your shade selection. I however, love the shade I picked out and I am definitely purchasing other shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

This has been my go-to Spring 2013 lipstick shade. Looks great on darker skintones (I'm around NC37-ish now) and provides a cute pop of pinky coral.

I love that these lipsticks leave a dark stain afterwards. By the end of a full workday, the stain on my lips is insane!

Formulation is a bit drying, but if you layer balm on or under it it's fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually my first Cover Girl lipstick purchase ever. I only picked up this lipstick because I loved the packaging and Fairytale looked like a fun color for spring. Boy, was I wrong about the color! Fairytale is a considered a pink not a coral, imo. Most corals work very well with my skintone (NC40) Revlon l/g in Coral Reef is my absolute fave coral lip product. However, Fairytale looks very harsh on me. I looked pretty wacked out in this shade. This shade has a neon pink base with a hint of coral. Yuck, just not a fan of this shade. As for the formula, it is bad...extremely poor quality imo. Wet 'n Wild, Revlon, L'Oreal all have a much better formula if you want an expensive lipstick! The formula is dry, gritty and uncomfortable. This also stains the lip a bit and requires firm pressue to scrub it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great pinky-coral lipstick. Its richly pigmented and bright. Its a great lipstick for those who love pinks but the blue undertones scare them. Its quite a neutral pink. The lipstick is quite creamy and glides on effortlessly. The brightness is surely there so you can start wearing like a stain first.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This color is AMAZING. It makes my eyes pop! I will say that it is a smidgen drying, but if you pop on some chapstick you will be fine. I highly recommend this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these lipsticks from this Lip Perfection line, Enthrall was my spring/summer coral color and I was looking for something different to brighten up my face for fall/winter but really wasn't looking for a red so I went out on a limb and got this bright pink one,, i'm a pale blue eyed redhead and this color brightens my whole face w/o having to wear gad of other makeup,, lil blush, simple eye and shazaam! ,, unlike the other color I had this one does seem a little drying so either applying a balm before or after does help,,, it DOES stain which is you don't want that could be an issue but if you're like me and feel entirely jipped by a product that fades this sucker will last,, in fact the color stains so well really all you need to pack is a balm if you're packing light to go over and keep it moist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: bright red coral

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- stains lips
- drying

Comments: Such a pretty color. It's an incredibly bright shade of coral with red undertones, so it just looks classic against my skin tone. It's gorgeous. I just hate that these lipsticks stain the lips so bad, besides that...great buy.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

Most people probably won't experience this, but this was like a love affair gone completely wrong. Agree w/positive reviews re color (beautiful on trend corally pink), good coverage and texture. But problems for me were -- it stains incredibly strong/after one hour or less/which I realize can be good or bad (I scrubbed vigorously w/vaseline, sugar scrub etc but to no avail). BUT bigger problem was that it kind of bleeds/migrates, such that the stain is mostly gone in middle of lips, but dark stain all around -- leaving me with a noticeably lip color middle part surrounded by dark color. Not good. Also stains to a darker coral/almost red color, which is not what I bargained for. If this had stained evenly, the color change wouldn't have bothered me as much. Maybe a unique experience to me, and I envy those who don't have similar problems, bc it is a lovely color -- at first.