Haus of Gloi Bubbling Scrub

Organic cane sugar, sucrose (sugar), vegetable glycerin, sodium coco sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, sorbitol, stearic acid, proprietary fragrance blend, shea butter, phenoxyethanol (and) caprylyl glycol

on 12/31/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for the aether (unscented) version, and I have not tried any of the scented options.

For reference, I do not have physically sensitive skin and I regularly use a Salux towel. On my reptilian scaly dehydrated-normal skin, this is too gentle. I find it turns to foam (the "bubbling" part) too quickly and doesn't exfoliate enough for me. This is much gentler than any mainstream sugar or salt scrub I've used from Bath & Body Works, and is also gentler than the emulsifying scrub (previously just called "sugar scrub" before this bubbling version was released) that Haus of Gloi also offers.

I have hard water that I've read may react with the sulfates in body washes to form a film on the skin. I know some people have said that the bubbling scrub rinses off cleanly but this has not been my experience. Unfortunately, I do not find this product moisturizing and it leaves me somewhat drier than before. I do think YMMV depending on the type of water you have.

Unfortunately, the bubbling scrub doesn't fulfill my needs for exfoliation. I think it would be better suited for physically sensitive skin or for someone who is afraid of over-exfoliating.

on 2/13/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I've been enjoying this in Troika. The scent is lovely (I get almonds, coconut, and vanilla) and stays on my skin for a few hours. I like my scrubs a little more scrubby though so I'll see if the emulsifying version is more to my liking.

on 6/4/2012 3:49:00 PM

Ordered the Zazz bubbling scrub. It arrived in about a week. Smells AMAZING, like candy on my skin! The scrub is not too abrasive for summer time and washes away cleanly. Added bonus the company is vegan, no harsh chemicals added.

on 12/12/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm picky about my scrubs - I want something that doesn't feel like I'm using gravel, doesn't leave behind an oily residue nor leave my skin feeling like a desert when done. HoG scrubs are finely grained and almost smooth to the touch. The scrub is so fine that it eventually (but not too quickly) dissolves and rinses completely clean but also leaves your skin feeling soft and supple, not dry and itchy. Available in the same great scents as the butters.

on 8/4/2011 3:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, love, love the Haus! Their bubbling scrubs have all the fragrance and exfoliation of the sugar scrubs but don't leave behind much oil, which makes them great for warmer weather. The sugar scrubs, being more emollient, are wonderful for cooler months or drier skin. I'm currently enthralled by their Brier Path scent, while my husband adores Snow Wolf, Insalata Nocturna and the sadly now-discontinued Aduwa. Customer service is excellent, and their scents are always intriguing! I have no love for the typical bakery-foodie or knock-out-your-grandma-strong-floral scents that so many companies, indie and international alike, use in their body products so the decidedly different scents offered by the Haus are a welcome relief to me.

on 3/13/2011 3:11:00 AM

Another hit from Haus of Gloi (see my reviews for the pumpkin butters and whipped soap). The scrubs have enough sugar to exfoliate really well and they don't dissolve too soon. The scents are so yummy, and they stay on the skin a long time! When I use them in the shower, the steam activates the scent so my apartment smells lovely for a few hours - it really lingers in the air! Also they are paraben free!