July 30, 2014 | 1254 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Powder - Translucent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale with pink undertones, normal/dry skin, good complexion and this works for me. It gives me a glow without the grease, evens out my skin tone a little (over spf moisturizer and a primer (also Revlon) and doesn't seem to clog my pores. Price is okay, packaging sucks and yes, I will repurchase. I also use Benefit's Dandelion as a face powder for less glow and ever so slighter brighter look. They both work well for natural, daytime face. Would not recommend this powder for darker skin (it would show up white!), skin with yellow undertone, or oily skin (doesn't mattify).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I've been using loose powder exclusively for the past 17 years or so and I was reluctant to go use a pressed powder. I decided once my last powder was done to steer towards something that would not contribute any further colour to my layers of primer, concealer and foundation, so translucent was the way to go. I'm loving this so far. I love that I can apply it without the heavy handedness that can come with loose powders and the finish isn't white. It's a setting powder. If your skin appears white, you are using too much. This is a true translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

I love this powder! I bought rimmel stay matte and when I compared the two, this was the clear winner. It keeps my oils from peaking through, and I don't get shiny. I will admit the brush that comes in the compact is horrible but I don't use that, overall it's a great product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by EllaJeanie

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about this product. It's actually quite good, and as for it 'making you white and chalky' I have no problem with that. You only need a little bit, it's not a powder foundation, it's a setting powder. Yes it is quite white, but if applied correctly, a little bit on the forehead, nose and chin, then it's fine :) Only problem I have with the product is the pricing, I feel like for such a high price it should be better packaging and more product :) overall a good powder and I will probably repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Leslie5905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The mirror on this compact is teeny tiny compared to the size of the packaging, and I found the powder to be less than average. It left a noticeable powdery film on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by pmangelo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chalky, nasty brush, cheesy little mirror...and it broke me out. Ugh, into the trash you go.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product, but I do not use it for an allover face powder. The other reviewers are right, it isn't translucent, it will make you look white. However, I only use this powder for setting my highlight under my eyes/on top of cheekbones. It works really well for this...I apply it with my MAC 224 brush very lightly. The shimmer looks really nice when used for this purpose. I would repurchase. If you are looking for an allover face powder I would NOT recommend it, but if you are using it for the same purpose I am, it works really well. MAC NC40 for reference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I had high hopes for this powder. I am really porcelain skinned so this was just fine for me regarding color but this is not transparent and would be too white or chalky for anyone darker than porcelain or ivory skin. i do not see the sparkels people talk about at all. the packaging is just terrible. you can not take this powder with you in your purse and you will need you own applicator sponge. it comes with a silly flat brush that i could not find any other use for, so I gave it to my cat to play with. it cost 15.00 dollard Canadian and I will never buy it again. I prefer the Dream Matte Powder by maybelline or L'Oreal's one,
i would buy it for say eight dollars. Even wet 'n wild has the same chalky powder for like 5 bucks. do not bother. Shame on Revlon

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, my skin tone is a "30" in Dior Hydarating Nude Foundation; that's a medium tan with warm yellow undertones. I find like many other reviewers that this powder does tend to make my skin appear lighter than it really is, though apparently not as dramatically as paler reviewers here. That did not bother me overly much, as I had been using a foundation with this that I purchased while more tanned, and I found it evened out the too dark foundation tone nicely. Still, if you are looking for a "translucent" powder, this is not it.

The formulation is chalky, and the packaging is crap. You really need your own soft kabuki or powder brush to put this on properly, the packaged brush is completely worthless. I had been misusing this as a setting powder, and it worked just fine in that regard, but in reality this is a finishing powder - like a cheap version of Guerlein Meteorites, or a comparison to Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection, etc. It is not a foundation powder, not a setting powder, and not an oil absorbing powder. It's supposed to give you an illuminated look, otherwise known as "dewy" on the youthful, or "youthful" on the older. ;-) In all of these cases it is really important to have a good powder brush to apply properly, and to use a very light touch when putting it on as a last step powder over all your other "stuff." A lot of people complain about the sparkles; I really didn't notice a sparkle overkill going on, though it is definitely not a matte powder (and doesn't advertise itself as such). My one complaint about the shimmer - and I would call it shimmer rather than glitter or sparkle - is that the particles that are there could have been more finely milled. But I don't find the highlighting effect excessive at all, compared to the powder's much more obvious shortcomings: non transparency and chalky texture. I think if you find the sparkle in this product overwhelming, you may be putting it on too thickly.

These days for a transparent setting powder I have moved on to better things, but I would still keep this around for when I start losing my summer tan and don't want to switch up foundations. Not worth repurchasing, though - at this drugstore price, I would expect a better texture and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a part of a BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. It was kind of steep - $14.00? But it does absorb the oil and adds a nice no color finish.