August 29, 2014 | 1876 users online

Lipstick - Elizabeth Arden - Color Intrigue Effects - Rosy Shimmer #13

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a brownish warm rose with pink and silver shimmer--not blue- based at all! Of course, it won't look good on a a fair person who likes cool colors, like the reviewer below, and you can't really trust color swatches online. A nice, but not special lipstick you might like if you like shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as GWP and was thrilled to see it described as a rosy blue-based pink because GWP l/s never seems to be in a good shade for me.
I looked at the tube of color and doubted it was for me, so I went to EAs website and saw that indeed it was something that would be in my shade range (cool) and what I saw on the screen was a lovely colour that I would wear, so I tried it. As soon as I swiped some on my bottom lip I stopped and couldn't go any further because I was fascinated by the sudden crisscrosses of lines showing up on my lip. There is a goldy shimmer to this l/s which ruins the blue-based pink they claim it is. It looked absolutely hideous on me and under the bathroom lights my lips looked frosted with crevice-like depths like they were dried and cracked - nice. I put a pinch of pink Juicy Tubes gloss on and that didn't even help. I hate wishy washy colors! This is one of those they claim to be pink and it's brick/orange instead. I just dabbed it on a tissue - yup looks orangey to me. Avon does that a lot too. The color on the website is gorgeous - check it out. But I held the tube up to the monitor and what I got is not the same as shown. Prolly why it's a giveaway.