Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

4.2

100% USDA Organic Argan Oil

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Yeah, I hate to bring down the rating of this; I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work out for me. It didn't really do anything. At first I really wanted to believe it was giving me a "glow" at least, but I think that was just the slight oiliness from just applying it to the skin. I used it on my skin 2x a day, and it dried out my face so much that some parts actually got really flaky. I have normal-ish skin and I don't typically use a moisturizer, but thought it might be a good idea to try it with an oil. It doesn't really cause breakouts, at least, and absorbs quickly since it's a drier type of oil. I've use it on my hair, but I didn't really notice increased shine or moisture. My porous hair just soaks it up, of course, but it doesn't seem to be helping it.

A lot of people commented that this stinks, but I purchased a version of this that was citrus ginger scented, so it smells amazing - that's the best part. I guess I'll keep using it on my hair, or use it as cuticle oil.

It's only $12 on sale, which is not bad if you want to give argan oil a shot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first argan oil experience. I watch QVC a lot and they always rant and rave about argan oil so when I saw this on clearance at Target I rushed to buy it!

First experience with Argan Oil, but I decided to go with this brand because I love how they're vegan and basically everything that's bad for you- free.

This product is a BLESSING IN A BOTTLE. I'd been breaking out more than usual and then ended up having an allergic reaction to Makeup Forever's foundation and primer during my initial break out and my face was OUT OF CONTROL. THIS CLEARED MY FACE UP WITHIN LESS THAN A WEEK. I KID YOU NOT. I've taken pictures of my face every day since I started and this is really such a blessing.

It's great because it really is 100% Argan Oil- just as it should be.

Some people complain about the smell, and it's not like I wanna wear it as a perfume or anything either, but it's natural and smells exactly as it should. Hey, if the product works... what's the problemo, right?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first organ oil experience. After hearing all of the hype about it for over a year, I finally decided to try some. I got the 2 oz. bottle at Whole Foods.
My overall impression of organ oil is good. It is a medium weight oil and soaks in well without breakouts. Leaves my face with a nice glow and as I only use oil at night, I wake up with my skin hydrated and refreshed. I have also used a few pumps with my body lotion and it helps to give it a little boost without being greasy. I haven't used it in my hair as my hair is very fine and oils leave it looking greasy. It has done wonders with my hands & healing up a very bad case of chapped winter hands.
I agree with others that this has an "off" odor. I have always believed oils shouldn't have any strong odor at all (as a strong off odor means it has gone bad). But Acure assures that the odor is normal for such an oil, and many oils I do use have a descernible odor (just think of shea butter, olive oil, and coconut oil).
So far I have found this brand of organ oil is readily available and reasonable priced. I also trust this brand and so far like each and every one of their products I have tried. I think the 1 oz. size is a good starting point to give this oil a try.

on 2/11/2015 5:12:00 PM

I bought this after seeing all the rave about argan oil, and how it transforms the skin.
This is a nice, heavy oil, and it moisturizes like no other, i did however wake up a tad greasy but nothing serious.

It comes in a see through 1 oz bottle, which apparently isn't good as light harms the quality of the oil,at the end, there was a green stain in the oil for some reason. the pump was nice but i personally prefer a pipette.

ONE MAJOR COMPLAINT I HAVE, the oil reeks, it stinks and the smell lingers on the face for a while, it's truly awful, i don't know if it's a "nutty smell" or if i got a bad bottle, but it just wasn't a really pleasant experience slathering my face in it, right before bed time.

For this price point, it's great, but next time i'll purchase NOW foods version, as it is cheaper and comes in a dark bottle with a pipette.

on 12/4/2014 9:40:00 AM

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my face. I have very very dry skin in the cold months and it didn't hydrate it. Gave me pimples.
Too oily for my hair. Didn't see any difference in my hair or when I tried it on my scalp as I have dry and irritated scalp. Didn't work for fly away either. Even applied in small quantities on my dry or wet hair, it still had a greasy feeling and look.
For my body- it just sits on my skin and doesn't sink in.
This oil is a miss for me.

on 11/23/2014 9:39:00 AM

Little higher priced than most argan oils, but it supports a woman's cooperative, so that works for me.

Have gone through a couple of bottles of this stuff, part of my full throttle switch to more natural and organic and body friendly and earth friendly products.

Why? Because they work better. After years of dumping my money down the drain on packaging and marketing, I'm just using the stuff that people have known about forever, and that has been effective:

coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil . . . and argan oil.

Years ago, I tried Josie Maran's argan oil, and liked it. But I knew it was chocked full of chemicals and preservatives, and mentioned as much in my reviews.

Now that I have finally made the switch, I know why that product did break me out at times: the chemicals. It wasn't the oil, it was the chemicals.

I have used argan oil ALL OVER my face, in my hair, down my neck.

Nary a clogged pore.

What I get is moisturized, supple, luminous skin, that looks good with or without makeup.

I never thought I would be comfortable going without makeup, but this new lifestyle of minimum amounts of processed products, and just sticking with basics for my skin care has taken my skin to a new level.

Organic. Unrefined. Pure. Healing.

Coupled to a high, raw vegan diet, the results are spectacular.

One woman thought I was her age; she was almost twenty years younger than me. But it's more than the youth -- it's being vital, by sacking the toxic garbage.

Although this is a bit pricier than other argan oils, it supports a great cause, and it is great quality.

Aragn oil will be in my beauty arsenal until the day I day . . .

and I go out looking great.

on 11/16/2014 6:52:00 PM

Absolutely awesome. I bought this on a whim while I was re-ordering (for the 3rd time!) the night cream and Firming Serum. I *love* this product. I have never used argan oil before I so don't have anything to compare it to, but this makes my skin baby-soft and plump looking. I put it on after I get out of the shower and let it sink in before applying sunscreen and makeup. I am 38 now and I swear I haven't aged since I started using Acure 2 years ago. People at my new job are astonished when they find out my age. Acure is doing something right! Maybe I'll get an extra couple of years off from the aging thing by adding the Argan oil! :) I know you can't fight it forever, but products like this certainly do make it easier.

on 10/25/2014 6:49:00 PM

I don't know if this particular oil is responsible for my results. Perhaps any old oil (jojoba, olive, coconut, Shea, almond, etc) would have done the job. All I know is, this particular oil has been very effective for me. Here's my story:

I recently started using a 10% concentration benzyl peroxide product for my breakouts. The first time I used it, I had a HORRIBLE reaction. I think I overdid it. My skin started feeling very sensitive within hours. It turned red in the cheeks and became itchy. My entire eye area started getting puffy and red. I hoped in the morning it would be back to normal. Well, the next morning my face was puffed up like a puff pastry, my eyes swollen almost completely shut, and everything was itchy, everywhere. I looked like I rubbed poison ivy all over my face.

It took days to go back to normal. The skin around my eyes became extremely dry- cracking, peeling, tight and very uncomfortable. After using some lotions that did nothing, I decided to treat the skin around my eyes with an oil. I chose this one, which I happened to have in my cupboard never had use for.

Well, it did wonders. It gave me immediate relief. The skin around my eyes started to soften. The rough, scaly skin was just about gone in two days. The redness went away and the skin was soft and comfortable in about a week.

I decided to continue using the benzyl peroxide in smaller amounts, building my tolerance. I put this oil around my eyes prior to applying the BP. It creates a barrier and soothes them. I think the oil helps protect the sensitive eye area against the BP. Besides protecting the skin, this really keeps the eye area hydrated. I use it at night. It sinks in while I sleep, and my eye area is soft and not greasy at all in the morning. And the BP has done wonders for my breakouts! Without the oil, I probably would have stopped using it.

I am now using the amount of BP I used the very first time, with no negative effects on my eyes or skin. Part of it is tolerance, but I think part of it is thanks to this oil.

I tried using it on my face once or twice, but I found it too heavy for all over use. For very dry skin, though, it might be perfect.

Like I said, I don't know how much of this experience can be attributed to this particular oil. The allergic effects from the BP probably would have disappeared with time and care, regardless. But this certainly didn't hurt, and it really helped with immediate relief. It's a wonderful and healthy emollient for dry skin, especially very dry, flaky, cracked patches like I was dealing with.

I have one complaint. The pump on the bottle doesn't allow for a lot of control. You can't slowly push it down for just a bit of oil. It's really all or nothing. I think this is due to the spring mechanism. I've found a way to push very slowly in order to extract just a drop at a time, but it took practice and it's a bit of a pain. This pump is great if you're looking to put the oil all over your face, but if you just want to treat a small area, it's not ideal.

on 9/9/2014 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

UPDATE ON 15/9/2014: I have also noticed that my face is less oily during the day when i wear this at night as a face moisturizer. I suppose this helps regulate my oil production as well. I also notice that my blemishes will decrease in size the day after I put this on at night. And my skin has felt pretty soft and smooth to the touch as well... I will definitely continue using this... Amaziinnnggg

I have not really encountered a product that has turned my skin around so much before than this. I have dehydrated oily skin and I also suffer from adult acne.

At first i thought putting oil on my face is kinda counter productive. I tried it out once and I think I broke out pretty badly but I was wearing it underneath another moisturizer I guess it was too much for my skin to handle. I stopped using it and picked it up again months down the road. I just wanted to try it again and have been using it every night as a facial moisturizer and it really has turned my skin around. My blemishes have reduced in number (I dont use any acne medication). It also actually heals my blemishes faster and my hyperpigmentations have been reduced as well. My skin is no longer dehydrated and its well moisturized. I notice my crows feet is slowly disappearing. (Im not that old, I'm only 29 but the lines around my eyes have started to emerge) And I notice my eyelashes have also thickened. I dont use it as a daytime moisturizer though as it makes my skin oily, but using it at night does wonders for my skin.

The oil has a nutty smell to it, and it is housed in clear glass bottle with a dropper. I wish they would package it in a darker glass vial as this would guarantee the freshness longer. The oil is thick but absorbs pretty well. The price is also pretty cheap. One bottle may last you more than 6 months because you only need 3-4 drops to moisturize your face.I have also used this all over my body and my, it has left my body feeling the softest I have ever felt the day after...If I could afford it, i would use it as an all over body oil as well. All in all, I love this and I have seen great changes in my skin and I will continue using it for years to come.

Popular Treatments (Face)