Acure Organics 100% USDA Moroccan Argan Oil

4.2

100% USDA Organic Argan Oil

on 8/4/2015 3:49:00 AM

This isn't the first oil I've tried, but it is the first time I've used argan oil. I decided to give it a shot after hearing so much about it online, so when I found this for under $15 at Target, I got it. Most argan oil that I've seen has cost more, so basically I only chose this particular brand because of convenience (I was already there, so why wait for something to ship, right?) and the price.

I'm really glad I did get it, though, because I love it. I've had this about 2 months, maybe longer, and I use it every day (sometimes twice a day) on my face. I usually put it on at night because I can't use any kind of oil during the day when I wear makeup. I know some people have used argan oil under makeup with no issues, but I get too shiny and my makeup doesn't last as long. It also works great at removing eye makeup. I used this to remove super hard to get off waterproof mascara and it worked much better than coconut oil or anything else I tried, without irritating my eyes.

Since I started using this oil, I have had WAY fewer breakouts. It's actually kind of amazing because nothing else has really changed in my routine, and I've been battling acne for about 7 years with very little luck. I've also had fewer dry patches, and when I do get them, they usually clear up in a day or two. Before I used this, even when I used other oils, my dry patches could take up to a week to get better.

I use one pump and it's more than enough for my face, so I also rub it down onto my neck. At first I thought the bottle was so tiny for the price, but after I used it the first time I realized that this little thing will probably last me months (I was right because only like 1/4 of it is gone)

Alright, pros and cons time because I'm rambling about this stuff.

Pros:
-Pretty cheap
-Doesn't cause me to breakout
-Seems to have actually helped with my acne and scars
-Clears up dry spots fast
-I think I've had fewer dry patches than I used to get
-A couple of fine lines I was starting to get around my eyes and mouth are less visible since I got this
-Keeps my skin feeling moisturized all day
-Makes me less shiny than other oils and moisturizers have
-A little bit goes a long way, so it'll last quite a while
-Can use it to remove eye makeup
-Works nicely as a cuticle oil, too

Cons:
-I can't use it under makeup without wiping my face a lot first
-Smells a little weird but not too strong or bad

I'm really impressed with this stuff. It's basically my HG face moisturizer and I'll definitely be buying more when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Yeah, I hate to bring down the rating of this; I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work out for me. It didn't really do anything. At first I really wanted to believe it was giving me a "glow" at least, but I think that was just the slight oiliness from just applying it to the skin. I used it on my skin 2x a day, and it dried out my face so much that some parts actually got really flaky. I have normal-ish skin and I don't typically use a moisturizer, but thought it might be a good idea to try it with an oil. It doesn't really cause breakouts, at least, and absorbs quickly since it's a drier type of oil. I've use it on my hair, but I didn't really notice increased shine or moisture. My porous hair just soaks it up, of course, but it doesn't seem to be helping it.

A lot of people commented that this stinks, but I purchased a version of this that was citrus ginger scented, so it smells amazing - that's the best part. I guess I'll keep using it on my hair, or use it as cuticle oil.

It's only $12 on sale, which is not bad if you want to give argan oil a shot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my first argan oil experience. I watch QVC a lot and they always rant and rave about argan oil so when I saw this on clearance at Target I rushed to buy it!

First experience with Argan Oil, but I decided to go with this brand because I love how they're vegan and basically everything that's bad for you- free.

This product is a BLESSING IN A BOTTLE. I'd been breaking out more than usual and then ended up having an allergic reaction to Makeup Forever's foundation and primer during my initial break out and my face was OUT OF CONTROL. THIS CLEARED MY FACE UP WITHIN LESS THAN A WEEK. I KID YOU NOT. I've taken pictures of my face every day since I started and this is really such a blessing.

It's great because it really is 100% Argan Oil- just as it should be.

Some people complain about the smell, and it's not like I wanna wear it as a perfume or anything either, but it's natural and smells exactly as it should. Hey, if the product works... what's the problemo, right?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first organ oil experience. After hearing all of the hype about it for over a year, I finally decided to try some. I got the 2 oz. bottle at Whole Foods.
My overall impression of organ oil is good. It is a medium weight oil and soaks in well without breakouts. Leaves my face with a nice glow and as I only use oil at night, I wake up with my skin hydrated and refreshed. I have also used a few pumps with my body lotion and it helps to give it a little boost without being greasy. I haven't used it in my hair as my hair is very fine and oils leave it looking greasy. It has done wonders with my hands & healing up a very bad case of chapped winter hands.
I agree with others that this has an "off" odor. I have always believed oils shouldn't have any strong odor at all (as a strong off odor means it has gone bad). But Acure assures that the odor is normal for such an oil, and many oils I do use have a descernible odor (just think of shea butter, olive oil, and coconut oil).
So far I have found this brand of organ oil is readily available and reasonable priced. I also trust this brand and so far like each and every one of their products I have tried. I think the 1 oz. size is a good starting point to give this oil a try.

on 2/11/2015 5:12:00 PM

I bought this after seeing all the rave about argan oil, and how it transforms the skin.
This is a nice, heavy oil, and it moisturizes like no other, i did however wake up a tad greasy but nothing serious.

It comes in a see through 1 oz bottle, which apparently isn't good as light harms the quality of the oil,at the end, there was a green stain in the oil for some reason. the pump was nice but i personally prefer a pipette.

ONE MAJOR COMPLAINT I HAVE, the oil reeks, it stinks and the smell lingers on the face for a while, it's truly awful, i don't know if it's a "nutty smell" or if i got a bad bottle, but it just wasn't a really pleasant experience slathering my face in it, right before bed time.

For this price point, it's great, but next time i'll purchase NOW foods version, as it is cheaper and comes in a dark bottle with a pipette.

on 12/4/2014 9:40:00 AM

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my face. I have very very dry skin in the cold months and it didn't hydrate it. Gave me pimples.
Too oily for my hair. Didn't see any difference in my hair or when I tried it on my scalp as I have dry and irritated scalp. Didn't work for fly away either. Even applied in small quantities on my dry or wet hair, it still had a greasy feeling and look.
For my body- it just sits on my skin and doesn't sink in.
This oil is a miss for me.

on 11/23/2014 9:39:00 AM

Little higher priced than most argan oils, but it supports a woman's cooperative, so that works for me.

Have gone through a couple of bottles of this stuff, part of my full throttle switch to more natural and organic and body friendly and earth friendly products.

Why? Because they work better. After years of dumping my money down the drain on packaging and marketing, I'm just using the stuff that people have known about forever, and that has been effective:

coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil . . . and argan oil.

Years ago, I tried Josie Maran's argan oil, and liked it. But I knew it was chocked full of chemicals and preservatives, and mentioned as much in my reviews.

Now that I have finally made the switch, I know why that product did break me out at times: the chemicals. It wasn't the oil, it was the chemicals.

I have used argan oil ALL OVER my face, in my hair, down my neck.

Nary a clogged pore.

What I get is moisturized, supple, luminous skin, that looks good with or without makeup.

I never thought I would be comfortable going without makeup, but this new lifestyle of minimum amounts of processed products, and just sticking with basics for my skin care has taken my skin to a new level.

Organic. Unrefined. Pure. Healing.

Coupled to a high, raw vegan diet, the results are spectacular.

One woman thought I was her age; she was almost twenty years younger than me. But it's more than the youth -- it's being vital, by sacking the toxic garbage.

Although this is a bit pricier than other argan oils, it supports a great cause, and it is great quality.

Aragn oil will be in my beauty arsenal until the day I day . . .

and I go out looking great.

on 11/16/2014 6:52:00 PM

Absolutely awesome. I bought this on a whim while I was re-ordering (for the 3rd time!) the night cream and Firming Serum. I *love* this product. I have never used argan oil before I so don't have anything to compare it to, but this makes my skin baby-soft and plump looking. I put it on after I get out of the shower and let it sink in before applying sunscreen and makeup. I am 38 now and I swear I haven't aged since I started using Acure 2 years ago. People at my new job are astonished when they find out my age. Acure is doing something right! Maybe I'll get an extra couple of years off from the aging thing by adding the Argan oil! :) I know you can't fight it forever, but products like this certainly do make it easier.

on 10/25/2014 6:49:00 PM

I don't know if this particular oil is responsible for my results. Perhaps any old oil (jojoba, olive, coconut, Shea, almond, etc) would have done the job. All I know is, this particular oil has been very effective for me. Here's my story:

I recently started using a 10% concentration benzyl peroxide product for my breakouts. The first time I used it, I had a HORRIBLE reaction. I think I overdid it. My skin started feeling very sensitive within hours. It turned red in the cheeks and became itchy. My entire eye area started getting puffy and red. I hoped in the morning it would be back to normal. Well, the next morning my face was puffed up like a puff pastry, my eyes swollen almost completely shut, and everything was itchy, everywhere. I looked like I rubbed poison ivy all over my face.

It took days to go back to normal. The skin around my eyes became extremely dry- cracking, peeling, tight and very uncomfortable. After using some lotions that did nothing, I decided to treat the skin around my eyes with an oil. I chose this one, which I happened to have in my cupboard never had use for.

Well, it did wonders. It gave me immediate relief. The skin around my eyes started to soften. The rough, scaly skin was just about gone in two days. The redness went away and the skin was soft and comfortable in about a week.

I decided to continue using the benzyl peroxide in smaller amounts, building my tolerance. I put this oil around my eyes prior to applying the BP. It creates a barrier and soothes them. I think the oil helps protect the sensitive eye area against the BP. Besides protecting the skin, this really keeps the eye area hydrated. I use it at night. It sinks in while I sleep, and my eye area is soft and not greasy at all in the morning. And the BP has done wonders for my breakouts! Without the oil, I probably would have stopped using it.

I am now using the amount of BP I used the very first time, with no negative effects on my eyes or skin. Part of it is tolerance, but I think part of it is thanks to this oil.

I tried using it on my face once or twice, but I found it too heavy for all over use. For very dry skin, though, it might be perfect.

Like I said, I don't know how much of this experience can be attributed to this particular oil. The allergic effects from the BP probably would have disappeared with time and care, regardless. But this certainly didn't hurt, and it really helped with immediate relief. It's a wonderful and healthy emollient for dry skin, especially very dry, flaky, cracked patches like I was dealing with.

I have one complaint. The pump on the bottle doesn't allow for a lot of control. You can't slowly push it down for just a bit of oil. It's really all or nothing. I think this is due to the spring mechanism. I've found a way to push very slowly in order to extract just a drop at a time, but it took practice and it's a bit of a pain. This pump is great if you're looking to put the oil all over your face, but if you just want to treat a small area, it's not ideal.

Popular Treatments (Face)