November 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Natural Protection Mineral Block Lotion / Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen (Mineral Guard) SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Linamakeup

I really liked this sun screen for a little while, but my skin seems to start disliking this now. I had to stop using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed to try a sunscreen for my very sensitive acne rosacea seb derm overall reactive crap skin & heard mineral sunscreens would be good to try so I picked this up. It goes on white as a marshmellow and streaks sooo badly! No matter how much I try to pat in the lines i still look streaky and super white . The only good thing about it is it does not make my skin flare up and is not to greasy under make up

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked it up at Marshals for 5$. The expiration date was ok, why not to try.
It is not greasy at all, almost drying. It does leave very strong white cast. But for me the worst is that it doesn't blend easily and as one of the reviewer mentioned, looks patchy. I bought it for every day use, but as I realized i can use it on the beach only.
I was afraid that SPF 30 will not be enough for beach, but after spending three hours on the beach and liberally reapplying it every hour, I did not burn and did not even got darker. I have to mention that it was not the hottest day and I wasn't under the blazing noon sun, plus I was wearing a hat.

However, I'm not going to use it for the face again, because of its strong white cast, since I like to apply sunblocks liberally on the beach, my face looks ridiculously white, to the extand that people smile at me. But I will definitely use it for the body, since the protection is decent and it has none greasy formula ( I hate greasy formulas when sand sticks to the body and face and I get polka dot suntan).

One more minus for me is that this cream isn't easy to wash off. I have to use scrub or face cloth to get rid of it, which I normally don't like to do everyday, because don't want do strip the skin of its natural protective oils.

Yes, I will buy this cream again, but only for the beach use and only for the body, not face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

First of all, I'm can't complain about the white cast that physical sunscreen give. If you are like me, super sensitive to chemical sunscreens especially in the summer time, mineral sunscreen IS AMAZING. I went to a few drugstores and this one was among the very very few mineral sunscreens. It does not irritate my skin, and truly provides protection from the sun. The only thing is I do wish is that it is cheaper. I paid $14.99 for 3oz.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

leaves a horrible white cast and breaks skin out! Another horrible Aveeno product...I've given up on Aveeno completely

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use Rx treatments, so SPF 30 is a must. I'd been using Neutrogena's Clear Face SPF 30, but it would sometimes sting upon application, especially if I'd been in the sun or over exfoliated. This seemed like a gentler choice, so I've been using this every day for the past three weeks. I use Clinique's DDMG before and it seems to help this absorb better and not leave as obvious of a white cast. Because I'm afraid of having a white cast, I'm probably not applying as much as I should.

Pros: SPF 30, doesn't sting or irritate skin, doesn't breakout my acne prone skin, dries matte, absorbs quickly
Cons: Leaves a white cast on my dark skin, but I haven't found a physical sunblock that doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by fancyfrancie

Not the greatest. I was intrigued by the promise of a non-greasy mineral sunscreen designed for oily skin. And it's true that this product isn't greasy at all. It's very matte and dry. Unfortunately it's also chalky, difficult to blend, and not well-suited for use on the face. It looks patchy and unflattering, and takes far too long to set. After a few hours it looks more natural, but who wants to wait that long for their sunscreen to set? I give it 3 lippies for use on the body, but only 2 for use on the face. A better mineral option for oily facial skin is EltaMD's UV Clear SPF 46.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Erinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I took a small sample package of the stuff from my derm's office, so I can't exactly comment on the price. I did run by the store afterwards, though, and saw that the price was reasonable.

This sunscreen is not greasy, and it sinks in rather well. I have not used it on my face, as I am already using another product there. It was cloudy on the days I used the product, so I can't say about sunny days... but this did keep my fair skin from feeling that heat from the sun that you feel when you're being cooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Fuzzybear62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this sunscreen. A big reason why is because this product does not contain that one harmful chemical that every other sunscreen has. And i mean every single sunscreen. I went crazy looking for sunscreens with titanium dioxide which is much healthier than the other ingredient 'Oxybenzone'. I only found two. To my surprise this sunscreen out of the two worked so well for me. It actually protected me from getting burned by the sun very well and i was able to apply it to my face. I have combination/acne-prone skin so when the natural protection mineral block lotion did not break me out i knew this was a keeper. Once again Aveeno leaves me very happy with one of their products. I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants a healthier sunscreen product and protection against the sun!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this for my acne prone sensitive skin. Chemical sunscreens (neutrogena dry touch helioplex) broke me out badly.
I wore this to the beach in Jamaica for a week and did not burn once. Yes, it has a whitish cast but make sure you rub it in and it will fade. I was happy with this product, it did the job for me!
However, my husband hated it because it stayed white around his chin where there is slight facial hair growth.