Chagrin Valley Lavender Rosemary Soap

Not tested on animals

on 3/27/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a long-time (and frequent) Chagrin Valley customer, but some how I didn't get around to trying this particular soap until very recently. How could I have been so late to the party? I love the scent: clean, herbal, ever so slightly floral, but not overwhelming. I've used it as a shampoo bar, body soap, and in place of shave cream and am happy to report it works well across the board. If they ever decide to turn this scent into a solid fragrance balm of some sort, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.

on 7/3/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh goodness, if Ida released this smell as a perfume I would buy a gallon of it. I can't get over the smell combination of lavender (EO, not that shitty stinky fake stuff) and rosemary. MMMMMMM!

I love this soap mainly for the smell and the pretty marbling (looks pretty on my soap dish!) although I will confess I like other bars better for my face because they are creamier and more moisturising than this one. Still, when it's not too dry out, this bar is perfect and more than moisturising enough for my body and face. I can see it being a great hand-soap.

Oh, did I mention the smell? It's soooooo lovely <3

This is a very nice, all natural soap, with a marbled appearance and a lovely scent. The scent does not last long outside the shower, but I actually prefer that-I don't like to radiate strong waves of scent everywhere I go. This is not one of Chagrin Valley's more moisturizing soaps, so, while I will most likely buy it again, I think I will do so in the summertime when my skin doesn't tend to be as dry. I would recommend this more for those with normal to oily skin. Lathers up well enough to shave with. Around 7.00 for a full sized bar, about 2.60 for a sample size, but very long lasting, and in my opinion worth the money.