September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Blush - Clarins - Blush Prodige 01 "Lovely Rose"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely rose, indeed! It's a neutral soft pink that looks very fresh on my cheeks, making them look naturally flushed. I find it pigmented, finely milled and easy to apply with its own brush (which is much better than the small brushes usually found in blush compacts). The compact also includes a highlighting shade -- a cooler, paler pink with teensy silvery sparkles. They glint under certain lights, but they're not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by hairgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful soft pink color for fair neutral skin. Looks perfectly natural on as if you aren't wearing makeup but look healthy. I purchased it along with Clarins powder compact in fair/beige. They are both great products and very soft and gentle on sensitive skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the, uh, twentieth addition to my blush collection, I guess? I wasn't meant to spend more money on blushes but I do make an exception every once in a while when I find a colour that is so rare & unique that I simply have to have it. "Lovely Rose" is this blush simply because it's the lightest blush I have ever seen. It's so fair that even I have difficulties making it show up on my NC15 skin. The blush itself comes in a golden, quite heavy and quite large case, complete with a little brush (which I don't use). You look at that case and immediately know why you just spent 32,95 for this baby. The blush itself is divided into two shimmering and two matte segments, the latter being the bigger ones, however. That way you can add colour & contour to the face as well as highlights on the apples of the cheeks or below the brow bone. Now, as mentioned above, this blush is very light. It is well pigmented, don't get me wrong, but just so very light. I cannot imagine for the life of me that anyone with a darker skin than mine can work this blush. I have to put on about four to five layers to make it show and even then it's what an optimist would call "very natural" and a pessimist would call "barely there". But the reason why I still love it is the fact that this is the elven blush to my elven complexion. It adds glow(!!), the most subtle wash of colour imaginable and it just enhances my very pale skin in the most flattering way. Am I just so very happy I got it? You bet. Would I buy it again? Absolutely. Do I think it is worth every cent? Yes! Photos of my new gem uploaded above.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No