October 21, 2014 | 966 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Soft Blanket

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have a real bad obsession with this particular brand of candle (lots of other brands too, I'm a slight candle nut), mainly because you can buy these giant jars that last forever. Even the little dinky jars and tartes are really cool. Anyway, onto soft blanket, I really like this particular scent because it is so clean smelling. It really freshens a room out without being overpowering with this nice soft yet complex scent. Normally I'm always drawn to sweet scents with my candles, the sweeter and more sugary the better. But this is definitely out of my comfort zone and yet I'm really enjoying it! I think if you enjoy candles with scents like 'clean linen' or whatever they call it then you'd definitely like this one. Would probably buy again in the future and recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I have never been estatic about YC scents. yeah they are nice but nothing special. My friends usually drag me into the store to split the sales. I smelled about every candle in the store and I kept going back to "soft blanket". I could not for the life of me even describe it so with the help of the bath and body board this is my description: has a slight citrus note with vanilla and amber undertones. It makes you feel like cuddling in a blanket bc its soft and comforting. There is another candle at bed bath and beyond called "cozy cashmere:" that I liked which is not nearly as good (but I am starting to see that I like candles named after fabric). The wax of this candle is stark white which means it matches the decor of any room any time of year. Light up this candle, cuddle up with a good book, and doze off into peaceful sleep. I now make trips to YC and go straight for this without fail it always makes my home smell inviting! okay 2 things: I usually peel off the sticker bc although the teddy is cute sometimes I don't want to see him on there. 2nd, I always put one on my coffee table and sometimes I don't even have to burn it, I just pop open the lid and the smell wafts into the room!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by deviationk

This is a nice scent but smells like incense stick. Was not really looking for that kind of a smell

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my top three yankee scents, its fresh but has a slight comforting sweetness to it. Very subtle, could be used in pretty much an area of the house, wouldn't be strong enough to cover strong kitchen or smoking odours though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down my favorite scent for a Yankee candle! I love candles of all sorts, but if I was going to purchase only one, it would be this one. I am horrible at describing scents, but I usually put this one in my bathroom and the scent will last all day. It is a very clean yet warm, inviting smell.
I would always buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

I have only ever owned the Tart of this scent but I love it. Yes it is quite strong, which in my book is a good thing as I can just stop melting it when I have had enough or it has suitable scented the room I am in or due to be in. I really like that is a fresh smell with a warming vanilla undertone. I have never really been a huge fan of vanilla but this scent is just the perfect blend :) Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lizardx47

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Yankee Candles are overpriced, but I get all the coupons and lurk around for deals, so I always make out. LOVE LOVE LOVE Soft Blanket!! Was very pleasantly surprised. It is not your classic Linen or Clean Cotton, but it has a clean, crisp scent mixed with a hint of warm vanilla. You can't even tell it's vanilla, but you can tell there is something in there to make it special. My fiance loves this one as well for its soft, warm, powdery smell. TOTALLY love. And it's strong, too. Smells an entire room/portion of house.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

I really liked this Yankee fragrance. It has a good scent throw with it's warm vanilla amber, almost powdery fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

No. YMMV of course but for me it was perfumey and stifling and just ... no. I had to stop burning this tart after only a few hours and toss it. I may be spoiled by etailer tart cups, but this plastic wrap packaging needed scissors to open and little wax bits flew all over the place.
Got it for just a buck at the YC sale. Still not worth the $1 to me.
(Fluffy Towels is what you want if you like clean laundry scents.)