October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Gloss Balm in Cabernet

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It goes on like a balm and moisturizes well. It also gives the perfect color for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Bitter10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I am not a very flashy girl when it comes to makeup, so I love this product because it gives me beautiful colour with a nice natural matte finish. Perfect for any event, from everyday to a fancy dinner to parties, this stuff is great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hurray! BOGO 1/2 at Ulta! I am in love with Natureluxe foundation (I don't get the bad ratings) and in love with this balm. I don't like a nude lip on myself, as I am light, olive green eyes, and medium brown hair. I look washed out, or bloodless. So, color on my lips is good, but I also live near the coast and need to keep my look a bit more natural than I am used to. Anyway, Cabernet is gorgeous, berry red and translucent. I purchased another Natureluxe foundation today (Sandstone-yes, a bit yellow for me but I cheat in the summer, Aspen is better for winter) and Cabernet. I already had it on, with BB's red lip pencil. It stayed on for hours, although the balminess did wear off. This reminds me very much of Bobbi Brown's Cranberry Stain, which I loved, and bought repeatedly for $22. My friend Jen at Ulta (almost 30 years younger than me) commented that my lips looked fab. I'll take it. And for BOGO 1/2, and a $3.50 off $10 coupon, it was a good shopping day.
I did return their lip stain in "scarlet". I was hoping it would work under clear or gold gloss. It turned fucshia on me and pilled up. Maybelline's (Cranberry) is much better. Just make sure to wipe your lips before applying. It doesn't work over balm or foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

sheer red, nice texture, moisturizing. packaging is ok clear top that clicks on. i just don't like the clear printed labels they curl up on the edges. wears off unevenly. love the color just wish it was longer lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by beccafly18

I first heard of this product through a Bzz Campaign, and I love it! This color goes on sheer and gives just the right amount of color to be noticeable while subtle enough for day or evening use. The Cabernet is a pinkish red shade, and it goes on as a sheer wash of color. It seems to make my lips look a bit bigger because of the color and shine. Better still, it feels moisturizing going on and seems to continuously condition my lips. I love that it contains shea butter and has SPF 15 too. It's easy to apply - no tube or applicator to worry about because it glides on as easily as chap-stick. I'll definitely buy again in other colors too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received this product yesterday and only gave it a try...didn't actually wear it outside of the house. It is surprisingly sheer and goes on like a balm instead of lipstick, like I thought it was going to be. The color is very deep red in packaging, but on the lips it can go much lighter. It does not feel heavy at all...it's basically a tinted balm in stick form.
The packaging is cute and I like that it clicks. I also really like the scent of this product. I would not purchase this particular shade because I am just not overly into red lips...plus my lips are naturally similar to this shade (though a little bit lighter). I would definitely try a different shade though if it's cheap (not sure about the retail price).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree and echo everything that is the previous reviews of this lip gloss. It's nice. It feels good on the lips. It fades to a nice stain. The color is an amazing berry red. The only negative I might have is the smell. It smells a bit chemical for me (yes, I know it's supposed to be natural but I don't believe it) but it does fade. I would recommend this color and I am curious about other shades in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so impressed with these balms! For one, they are more pigmented than one would think, yet still sheer. Cabernet is a gorgeous, sheer berry red for those who cannot pull off (or are not comfortable pulling off) red on an everyday basis (everyone can pull off some variation of red, but it looks better as a daily color on some rather than others). I'm very fair (NW5-10; NARS Siberia), and most reds are way too dramatic for me to wear unless I am going for an ultra-glam, evening look. I love, love, love this shade and highly recommend trying it -- especially at this price! If you're not in the market for a red, I still recommend checking all of these out. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A really beautiful, flattering red for red-shy ladies like myself! Has a touch of wine in it, IMO, and it is actually quite natural looking, especially for a red. It also helps that it is sheer, and your own lips show through the color. I love it...I don't feel self-concious at all when I wear it. I just feel pretty! I do have one little quibble with these, and that is that the lipcolor doesn't retract all the way into the tube, and you can nick it when you are recapping the product. I really think these are fabulous lip products, especially if you favor a more natural look. I also have Peony, Clove, and Pinot, and they are all gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by dusty333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this red one and a bright pink (which is extremely sheer and looks great with a nude lip pencil). The red I used with a light raisin lip pencil and it looked natural but better! These are not HG material but the texture is like a chapstick only lighter. Great packaging. Goes on smooth with no sticky residue after. The smell is light and slightly fruity/floral. And I got them a B1G1 for 5 bucks.