October 31, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash the MAX Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jodyperl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Clumpy, drying, and flaky. Did not add volume, and did not hold a curl. I didn't mind the brush, but it's still going in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Almay mascaras for awhile now, but decided to venture out and try Rimmel's Volume Flash the Max Waterproof mascara. As I age, my lashes are thinning, so decided to try this one to get more volume. For me, it was not good. I can not stand when a mascara is wet. This is so wet that it takes forever to dry, and it transfers to my upper eye area if I'm not careful. It seems to be a thin formula as well, so it does not clump a lot. I don't understand how some reviewers say it's a dry formula, unless they got an old tube. I could possibly leave the lid off to dry it out, but I really don't want bacteria to get inside the tube. I love other Rimmel products, but won't be trying another one of their mascaras again. The price was between 5-8 dollars, and the tube feels good in your hand. It's not too bulky.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

This was okay. Something I would repurchase? No. There are much better drugstore mascaras then this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

didn't do jack. thrown into my fail basket!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by angeliee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This mascara sucked. It's one of the worst mascara I bought. It clumped my eyelashes really badly and it was really yucky. Not that great of a volume either. It was hard to wash out and I had to pull on my eyelashes. Some even came out. Bad experience :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleNettle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara has been in my make up bag for ages, however I noticed the packaging has changed and so has the brush, when it was in the blue tube I loved it but since its changed I hate it!

I brush is to big and doesn't grab my lashes properly and its hard to build up, the mascara isn't as sticky as it used to be and seems very thin.

luckily enough in some shops I can still get hold of the "old version" of the volume flash, but how long for I don't know, I know I won't be buying this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by macyluvhoua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Worst waterproof mascara I ever bought in my entire life. I was hoping that it will hold my curl because every waterproof mascara that I had even got always hold my curl. This mascara also give me raccoon eyes too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not the worst mascara, it's better than many others. It coats nicely and it gives some fullness. But not nearly as much length, definition or thickness as L"oreal's Voluminous. It doesn't smuge right away, but you will start getting racoon eyes if you wear it for more than 12 hours. It's also not good at holding a curl, even with a heated curler! A mascara that won't hold a curl is a dealbreaker. Will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by p40l4

Oh my goodness, I def don't think I'll ever be going back to rimmel for mascara. I'm the kind of girl that's very picky when it comes to mascara and I've bounced around from very high end to drugstore brand. I decided to pick this up because it was waterproof, easy on the budget and ofc because of it's too cute hot pink tube. I wanted so badly to like this mascara but I just could not get it to work for my lashes.It didn't do anything except leave my lashes a big clumpy mess if I even tried to put more than one coat on. Pro: It was really waterproof, I've cried in the mascara and it never ran down my face. Con: clumpy,"wet", hard to handle wand, hard to remove. Overall I would only recommend this to someone who is used to only putting on one coat of mascara and wants a very basic look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara. It's cheap and it works for my lashes. Brings them out and makes them look thick. If you have thick lashes then I highly recommend you use this !